Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-02-2008, 22:56   #1
Loz

Robbery at tesco

There was a robbery at tesco express earlier today.
A man pushed the cashier out the way when she opened her till and grabbed as much money as he could before fleeing leaving the cashier and all other staff very shaken up.
The police are confident of catching him as he is well known to them for other offences.
It really winds me up how somebody can upset and anger so many people for the sake of a 100 pounds.
Old 29-02-2008, 22:57   #2
God Member

Re: Robbery at tesco

Is this in Accrington?
Old 29-02-2008, 22:58   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
There was a robbery at tesco express earlier today.
A man pushed the cashier out the way when she opened her till and grabbed as much money as he could before fleeing leaving the cashier and all other staff very shaken up.
The police are confident of catching him as he is well known to them for other offences.
It really winds me up how somebody can upset and anger so many people for the sake of a 100 pounds.
Give the man a break!! all him mates were going out tonight and his gyro didn't turn up! whats a man to do??

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2008, 22:58   #4
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
Is this in Accrington?
Yeah on abbey street.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:09   #5
God Member

did the robber get his clubcard points ?

seriously though you have to be a major dumbass to rob that place as your clearly on cctv because the screens are right there at the checkouts

ming you its good to see somone robbing tesco express for once instead of them robbing us the theiving sods
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:34   #6
Loz

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
did the robber get his clubcard points ?

seriously though you have to be a major dumbass to rob that place as your clearly on cctv because the screens are right there at the checkouts

ming you its good to see somone robbing tesco express for once instead of them robbing us the theiving sods
Yeah i'm sure the girl that was robbed thinks it's good too
It's not about where was robbed as such more the impact it can have on people.
Trust me i was there and i still haven't calmed down.
I'm so angry how this guy affected everybody.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:23   #7
God Member

£100 is a lot of money to some people, and some people get desperate. I think you'd have to be desperate to rob somewhere like Tesco Express which as already mentioned has cctv cameras that are monitored at the front of the shop!

Accrington is full of desperate people, it's full of people who struggle to find jobs and there are a lot of poor families. Some people just feel they have no other option I guess, and when you're that desperate you dont think about how other people are going to be affected by your actions.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:47   #8
God Member

Blazey, dont apply for Mensa membership , you might be disappointed , Jesus Christ girl, at times a cabbage shows more sense than you. If the guy was in desperate need why didn't he grab baby food or nappies ...thats understandable.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 07:52   #9

Ohhh I must have just missed that, cos i went to get a mothers day pressie, and theres was police cars all over and i was told i couldnt go in.

Cherokee- at least i have a decent excuse why ya got b*gger all lol!

Hope the lass and everyone else is ok.
onlyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:03   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Blazey, dont apply for Mensa membership , you might be disappointed , Jesus Christ girl, at times a cabbage shows more sense than you. If the guy was in desperate need why didn't he grab baby food or nappies ...thats understandable.
To be honest, I can see where Blazey is coming from. It would be nice to think that this is a desperate person trying to put a meal on the table for his kids and this was a last resort.

Unfortunately, this is obviously a chappie that tries to make his living robbing it off everyone else. I think if the legal system was harsher on people like this, there would be more a deterant not to do it.

At the risk of upsetting people, Accrington is a town with very little future unless you want retail jobs, or factory work (and I'm not knocking either). The towns main employer has worked out the benefit of using Eastern European workers, and can treat their workers badly, knowing that a recruitment drive at the local job centre can fill their vacancy list threefold. Would be interesting to know how many people just of Accy web has to travel outside the area for their job.

Accrington is undergoing a huge regeneration project at the mo, hopefully they will also look at attracting more business into the area, and give people something to work for.

And of course theres also the problem that once someone has a criminal record, theres little chance of them being employed again.

Again not excusing this mans actions or trying to justify them. We do have a benefits system (dont get me started on that tho lol), and at the end of the day, theres plenty of families that are surviving on this living life perfectly legally.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:25   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loz View Post
Yeah on abbey street.

do we have a tesco in accrington? if so its the 1st time i heard of it
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:38   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolanda25 View Post
do we have a tesco in accrington? if so its the 1st time i heard of it
Yes its nr the police station. Its just the tesco express tho
Old 01-03-2008, 08:54   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlyme View Post
Yes its nr the police station. Its just the tesco express tho

oh rite cuz i read about the big one they want to make but didnt know we had another.
thanks
Yolanda25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 09:16   #14
God Member

Well the opinion seems to be it was done because Accrington is a place where there are no jobs and everyone is desparate. Maybe we should all move to the big cities where there are loads of jobs and of course no crime
Old 01-03-2008, 10:07   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Well the opinion seems to be it was done because Accrington is a place where there are no jobs and everyone is desparate. Maybe we should all move to the big cities where there are loads of jobs and of course no crime
i vote alaska

if there was a perfect place, we'd all be living there, so wouldnt be perfect anyway

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..