Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2017, 18:54   #1

Rolfe

I have not seen any threads from Rolfe recently, does anyone know whether she is o/k? We often used to chat about old Huncoat/Hapton.
taddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-11-2017, 19:09   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Rolfe

Sorry Taddy no idea. But have just looked on members list and aint on it?? Rowfe is though perhaps yeh mean that? if so was online yesterday.

Last edited by cashman; 01-11-2017 at 19:16.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 20:09   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
I have not seen any threads from Rolfe recently, does anyone know whether she is o/k? We often used to chat about old Huncoat/Hapton.
Sorry, should have read Rowlf.
Old 01-11-2017, 20:47   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Sorry Taddy no idea. But have just looked on members list and aint on it?? Rowfe is though perhaps yeh mean that? if so was online yesterday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by taddy View Post
Sorry, should have read Rowlf.
See i got it wrong as well, Soz Rowlf.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:08   #5
Full Member+

Hi Taddy. Yes I am fine thank you. We have been on holiday and been busy with hospital appointments with my other half so not had much time for the forum. Nice to know someone missed me. Hope you are well too. I havent forgotten about the recordings I promised to let you have just havent got round to copying them yet.
Rowlf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 12:29   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Hey glad yer fine, hope yer other half is also.
Old 02-11-2017, 12:42   #7
Full Member+

Thanks Cashman. Yeh the old chap is doing ok. Had two new knees and now has trapped nerves , one in left elbow and one in right wrist so needs two more ops . The muscles in his left hand have withered away and without an op he could lose use of it so needs to be done. Like our son says ' If its not one thing its yr mother.'
Old 02-11-2017, 12:47   #8
Full Member+

I have looked in a Grandparents book that my dad filled in about his life to see if he mentioned shops in Huncoat but nothing. What there is Taddy which my interest you is about the school. He started school aged 4yrs in 1920 and his teacher was Mrs Ormerod, Mrs Gibbins had Standards 1 & 2, Mrs Sargeant 3 & 4 and the headmaster was Mr Harold Peel. Ofcourse in those days children stayed at the same school till they were 14yrs old and it was in Fish Lane (Long before the name of the road was changed)
Old 02-11-2017, 19:14   #9
Senior Member+

Rowlf - please ask your husband to ignore the condolences card.
Bob Dobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 21:35   #10
Full Member+

Sorry Bob dont quite follow that
Old 03-11-2017, 10:48   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Hi Taddy. Yes I am fine thank you. We have been on holiday and been busy with hospital appointments with my other half so not had much time for the forum. Nice to know someone missed me. Hope you are well too. I havent forgotten about the recordings I promised to let you have just havent got round to copying them yet.
Good to know that you and your other half are doing alright, I also have two artificial knee joints, they have been marvelous for the past sixteen years when I had my left knee replaced, Right knee only six years ago; my dilemma now is that the left leg replacement is now coming loose according to my consultant and I have to make up my mind whether to put my name down for a (replacement), replacement or whether to stick with it for a few more years;As it only really bothers me when standing at the bar of my local, I think that I will chose the latter and take a bar stool instead of standing.

Look after yourself, (selves), your's Taddy.
Old 03-11-2017, 10:54   #12

Me again Rowlf, I have come across a photo of Huncoat school, probably pre war, where it shows the building with a bell tower, maybe the bell and tower were removed due to the need for metal during the war.
If you would like a copy please P.M.me with an adddress.
Taddy.
Old 03-11-2017, 14:58   #13
Full Member+

Thanks Taddy. I will PM you
Old 04-11-2017, 08:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Thanks Taddy. I will PM you
Thanks Rowlf, could you please re-send the pm, I seem to have deleted it,
Thanks, Taddy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..