Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2006, 23:02   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Roll up, free driving lessons!

Yeah Kipax what are you suggesting?

Now the weathers better should we have a riot?

This initiative was apparently launched after two tragic accidents last year. In one a twenty four year old was driving a £50,000 Mercedes CLK 500 avant-garde super car at 70mph on a 60mph dual carriageway. In the other case another young man was found to be high on heroin and was driving at 100mph.

I didn't know wreckless and dangerous driving was limited to just one race. I'm just glad these idiots didn't kill any innocent people, only themselves.

Still at least their brothers get free driving lessons as a reward for their stupidity and arrogance.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-06-2006, 23:02   #17
Give, give, give member

Arrrgh, another duplicate post.

Old 05-06-2006, 23:20   #18
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda

This initiative was apparently launched after two tragic accidents last year. In one a twenty four year old was driving a £50,000 Mercedes CLK 500 avant-garde super car at 70mph on a 60mph dual carriageway. In the other case another young man was found to be high on heroin and was driving at 100m.
Well something stinks here ,,,,HOW DOES A 24 YEAR OLD AFORD A 50K CAR,,,and as for the other chap he should have drove off a cliff.
Old 05-06-2006, 23:29   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady McGough
And what, my dear Kipax, would you suggest one does?

dear kipax ??? sigh .... my mistake.. everyone seemed to think it was wrong so i thought they might want to do something... something other than make silly remarks at me for suggesting it... never mind eh...

stick to moaning on here... that will put the world right eh
Old 05-06-2006, 23:31   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX
stick to moaning on here... that will put the world right eh

I thought that was the idea of a forum?

What shall we do?

We will wait your further instruction.

Old 05-06-2006, 23:35   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

seems your sugestion is not forthcoming eh? or have you not got one kipax?
Old 06-06-2006, 04:53   #22
Junior Member+

my son has worked since leaving school . He is now having driving lessons which by the way he has to pay for . He has no soop up car which he drives around because he has not passed his test . Just go along blackburn road and see all the soop up cars ,parked on double yellow lines .do you need driving lessons to know were to park .or to have music blasting away through accrington town centre, or to parked out side the banks in accrington were it says no parking or has double yellow lines to to get more cash to keep these soop up cars on the road.Why not give the money to pensioners im sure they could find a better way of using it.Not being racists i do think they get a better deal.
pacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:37   #23
God Member

Those souped up cars you speak of are nothing but ordinary boring cars with extra plastic, big stereos and a loud backbox.

It actually makes me laugh to see all the extra weight these lads put on their cars which actually slows them down!

As for the subject of the original post, I think every child, irrespective of race colour, or creed, should be taught to drive during school. It is accepted that 90% of people will drive during their life so why not do it properly. Get some proper road sense in them early enough with an actual syllabus of what they will learn. As it is all you need to do is be able to perform half well for about 40 mins and thats it. People are left to their own devices to pick up the real driving experience.

I also personally feel that everyone should be retested every 5 years including a proper eyetest. That way some of the disgraceful standard of driving that I see every day may actually improve.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 08:45   #24

you want to go to blackburn college campus/ king georges hall in blackburn, they all do circles around there all day

like someone has said how it baffles them that a 24 year old can afford a 50k car

these lads around the college drive bmw,porshe 4x4 which cost just as much but even more in insurance and petrol, and these lads are my age, 19/20 year old.

yet all i can afford is a motorbike that does 75mph at absolute tops.

i cant afford driving lessons, and it annoys me that because of my race i am pegged back a step
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:02   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
seems your sugestion is not forthcoming eh? or have you not got one kipax?

hey i just got the impression you where all upset and suggested something could be done other than moan on a messageboard.. just look at your reactions.. your all so scared of your own shadows you have little pops at me rather than any enthusiasm to actually do anything

i suggested soemthing could be done other than moan.. i wasnt suggesting what could be done.. just the concept that somehting could be done.... it would ahve been nice to at least try and make a difference.. to at least try and right a wrong... no lets pick on anyone daft enough to suggest we do.. thats the accyweb way isnt it..

garinda your partly right.. thats not what messageboards are for... but it seems to be what accyweb is for.. and thats dissapointing. but you will no doubt have some witty response to that wont you.. or some sexual inuendo... anything but a positive response..

oh well... a missed opportunity IMHO. never mind eh.. onwards and downwards eh
Old 06-06-2006, 09:04   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slater_scott
like someone has said how it baffles them that a 24 year old can afford a 50k car
I dont think thats the problem how they can afford.. not really any of our business... but people then giving them free lessons when they can obviously afford to pay and only if your asian.. that is a problem..
Old 06-06-2006, 09:14   #27
God Member

Just because they are driving them doesn't mean they can afford them. Who knows how much they owe in loans etc? If you went out and borrowed £20K you too could be driving round in a very nice car. Some of these lads also hire them for weekends etc

Think of it this way,
Group of 4 friends, you are only responsible for 52/4 = 13 weekends a year(lets assume you are happy to walk/use buses during the week for those mundane journeys). You can hire a Ferrari from about £300 a day so for about £5K/year you and your mates can be driving round in a ferrari at weekends, posing to all the girlies. BMWs and the like are even cheaper.

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 13:33   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not upset kipax just playing you at your own game.
Old 06-06-2006, 13:43   #29
God Member

what game? it was a serious post.. anyway like i say.. . the response wasn't yes lets do something about it .. your more intent on seeing somehting that isnt there.. a bit sad that really.. missed opportunity to do soemthing about a situation because having a pop or seeing some sort of game is more important to you... oh well ..

may as well leave it at that.. keep to moaning.. maybe one day that will make the world a better place eh... much less hassle than doing somehting
Old 06-06-2006, 13:51   #30
God Member

Surely all this misses the point. The cops should not be involved in any of these silly little schemes involving the usual waste of taxpayers money; they should be out there, stopping these boy racers - irrespective of their ethnic background - arresting them, bringing them before the courts and then either withdrawing their license or jailing 'em. Or both.And confiscating their motors for good measure.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..