Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree39Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2015, 12:54   #106
Senior Member+

Re: Royal Wedding...

I'm not sure what they (the royals) cost us (the taxpayer) per year but I'm sure that money could be better spent....The NHS could be a good starting point.

The royal family are one of the richest families about...yet folk are happy for them to still dip into the public purse....madness

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2015, 13:44   #107
Beacon of light

It doesn't matter what any of us who realise the value of the Royal family say, you will gainsay it by some meaningless comment.

You could put every penny into the NHS and it would still not be enough.....this is because it is being run as a business by bean counters and people who haven't a clue about how it should be run...how economies could be made without it affecting the patient care aspect.

I would prefer my tax to be spent on the upkeep of the royal family than those who are elected.....those who know nothing of the lives that you and I live, so can make no damn difference to how we live.....and anyway they don't care to make life beter for us..only to make it better and more comfortable for themselves.
The Queen is worth every penny she gets from the privy purse......now some of the minor royals are not...but that is another discussion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 13:55   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
....those who know nothing of the lives that you and I live, so can make no damn difference to how we live.....
Could this not also be said of the Queen?
Michael1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 14:09   #109
Beacon of light

On numerous occasions the Queen has gone walkabout...not just in this country, but in others as well...she has met up with the people, and people have camped out all night to see her...do they do that for MP's?

Maybe the Queen does not really understand how we, the common people live but she doesn't demonstrate arrogance towards her subjects.....not the way MP's do..and they are supposed to be our servants!
cashman likes this.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 15:01   #110
God Member

Here we go folks, the top ten happiest countries in the world according to The World Happiness Report: Switzerland, Iceland, Denmark, Norway, Canada, Finland, Netherlands, Sweden, New Zealand, Australia. Sorry you guys didn't make it ... too many grumpy owd sods in Ossy. I know this is not a rigid scientific analysis; but one thing to notice is that seven of them are constitutional monarchies. And the Queen of Canada is the Head of State in three of them. Even the Yanks, the Great Republic, seem to be heading for their own uncrowned form of monarchy: The Kennedys, Bushes, Clintons, and, who knows, a few years down the road we could have a President Michelle Obama. This, by the way, would be a helluva good choice.

Last edited by Eric; 11-09-2015 at 15:03.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 23:15   #111

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Without mentioning tourism,feel free to try and explain why their needed/justified I may change I view on them
Ok..I’ll try…oh wait, no need…… I’ll just scroll back a few posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
I know she adds to our economy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..