Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-04-2006, 18:03   #1
Senior Member+

rubbin shoulders with celebs..

just aint what i thought it wud b

soem of them are alright... but others are a real annoyance!!

i met that rowetta she of hte uber-fame of x-factor... the way she was prancin about was as if she was george michael or sommet... and everyone was like who's that? *L*

any celebs u've met that just annoyed the hell outta u?
Old 27-04-2006, 18:22   #2
God Member

Re: rubbin shoulders with celebs..

She annoyed the hell out of me on tv thats for sure
Old 27-04-2006, 18:27   #3
Senior Member+

kevin campbell the footy player was ok... bradley wright phillips is a bit of a ***t
Old 27-04-2006, 18:45   #4
God Member

What would be the criteria for a "good celeb?"

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2006, 19:08   #5
Senior Member+

friendly approachable... doesnt seem stuck up their own ass
Old 27-04-2006, 19:19   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani
friendly approachable... doesnt seem stuck up their own ass
Well that takes about 98% of them out for starters.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-04-2006, 12:44   #7

john pertwee/ worzel gummage was so far up his own ass and rude when asked by my little brother for an autograph that i coulda knocked his F***ing head off never mind his writing head
wkd_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 14:55   #8

I met Lucy Jo-Hudson who played Katy Harris on Coronation Street. She was really nice. We had a chat in the street for about 5-10 minutes. And she was asking me questions like where I was off that day, and telling me what she was getting up to!

And that was when she was in Coronation Street. So she was really nice.
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 17:22   #9
Senior Member+

wow wud never have thought that

that simon webb - out of blue he was pretty stuck up
Old 28-04-2006, 18:27   #10
God Member

met John Barnes and Phil Thompson ex Liverpool players and they were ok. They were flying into Belfast for some appearance. They were still signing stuff when they got off the plane in Belfast! Different flight to Belfast - Eamon Holmes - he was snotty and totally ignored everybody wouldnt even say hiya to anyone. So the ones who had been to a footie match - Preston north end one they told me started singing songs about him on the flight! He wouldnt even sign a young kids football programme either.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 18:44   #11
God Member

Eamon Holmes has his head so far up his preverbial with his self impotance cave rescue gave it up as a bad job trying to rescue him.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 28-04-2006, 19:26   #12

Lucy Pargeter (chastity in Emmerdale) is really nice to talk to & eats from burger vans just like the rest of us, much to the surprise of some onlookers at Belle Vue last bank holiday
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 20:48   #13
I am Banned

i have a few celebrity friends now with me working at the nightclub, now i go partying with them every thursday night and they are so very down to earth, they are dj's but quite famous ones they have made quite a few records and have there own label, but they dont show off about it. you can tell with there cars but thats it? they have also asked me and my friends to go on holiday with them to opening parties in menorca and tenerife, they have there own apartments out there everything paid for! The lady singers that sing on there songs are very nice too!

i met fran cosgrove (celebrity love island winner) too he was lovely at the end of the night all the staff stay behind and have a staff drink and food, he stayed with the staff and had a laugh with us all, he even gave me a fiver tip! not yet spent it neither!

next week im meeting patrick mcguiness from max and paddy!

i havent had any bad run ins with celebritys when ive met one theyve always been nice!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2006, 20:57   #14
Passed away 25-11-09

When Brookside was on telly I met a few cast members, in the line of duty. Sinbad (Michael Stark - now in "The Royal") was a sweetheart and used to ring me up saying, "Hiya love, it's Mickey". The actor who played Terry Sullivan was also very nice, as was Barry Grant (Paul Usher). One woman cast member, who I won't name, was "full of herself" and a complete pain in the butt.

Many years ago I met Jasper Carrot, before he was famous, on the Folk Club circuit. He was just as you see him on TV. I've also met Jimmy Tarbuck who is one of the nicest people and so unpretentious.

The place for celebrity watching is the Trafford Centre. I don't go there very often but when I do I always see someone famous. Half the cast of Coronation St. turns up regularly.
Old 29-04-2006, 00:04   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

george best,marc bolan, were great guys, the most obnoxious arrogant one was the fat vet off emerdale and his boyfriend.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..