Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-12-2006, 12:18   #16

Re: Saddam Hussain Executed...

That,s What Should Have Been Done To Him Along Time Ago There No Sorrow From This End
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2006, 12:30   #17
I am Banned

he was hung which is wrong to what you believe and thats your choice but personaly i think hanging was too good for him, besides its your god that created him its just a good job somone was around to clean his mess up

peopel cried out for hitler to be hung its just unfortunate he commited suicide and i dont see a difference seen as they were both mass murderers and evil

sadly because of his death more innocent people will die because of his RELIGIOUS fanatical supporters but then again its not as though while he was breathing they wernt killing people , they will continue to do the same evil acts just under a different excuse
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 12:32   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Saddam Hussain Executed...

Is this the same bible that told of God parting the waters to allow the Israelites through KIPAX then closed them on the chasing Egyptians and drowned them?

Is this the same bible that told of God striking down those who worshipped other gods?

Is this the same bible that told of God telling the Israelites to attack and take for themselves Jericho and other places?

Sounds like a “Do as I say not as I do” dictat to me.

By the way doesn’t the bible also state, “an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth?”

The only problem with executing Saddam is that he cannot now stand trial for other atrocities he committed particularly the genocide of the Kurds and they can’t try him in absentia. You can only do that if the defendant is still alive but not in custody.

In any case who are we to tell the Iraqis how to run their country and what laws to make. We assisted in his capture and gave the Iraqi people the opportunity to govern themselves, make their own laws and implement them. The coalition forces are helping a lawful Iraqi government to carry out their duties.

A lawful Iraqi court tried Saddam, found him guilty as charged and sentenced him according to their laws. He was allowed time to appeal which he did. The appeal was unsuccessful and that was that. Sentence was carried out and the chapter is closed.
Old 30-12-2006, 13:03   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
you can be sure Bullseyebarb had her knitting neddles clicking tonight

10 p.m. EST is way past my bedtime. I was sleeping like a baby.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 13:18   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
The only problem with executing Saddam is that he cannot now stand trial for other atrocities he committed particularly the genocide of the Kurds and they can’t try him in absentia. You can only do that if the defendant is still alive but not in custody.

In any case who are we to tell the Iraqis how to run their country and what laws to make. We assisted in his capture and gave the Iraqi people the opportunity to govern themselves, make their own laws and implement them. The coalition forces are helping a lawful Iraqi government to carry out their duties.

A lawful Iraqi court tried Saddam, found him guilty as charged and sentenced him according to their laws. He was allowed time to appeal which he did. The appeal was unsuccessful and that was that. Sentence was carried out and the chapter is closed.
I agree. It's not an easy thing to go from rule of tyrant to rule of law. I think the Iraqis may well continue with some form of legal process whereby all that Saddam did can be brought to light. It will allow other victims a chance to testify on their own behalf and for those Saddam slaughtered. I don't think this chapter is closed yet.
Old 30-12-2006, 13:22   #21
Resident Waffler

"Thou shalt not kill" only works if everyone obeys it.

What would pacifists suggest we do if faced with an invading army?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 13:36   #22
God Member

Hanging him is one of the cruelst ways to kill someone. It's wrong. He might have deserved it if you believe in literaly taking an eye for an eye, but from a non-religioustype perspective I just think its incredibly moraly wrong and is so filled with double standards I dont think it will solve a thing.

He killed a lot of innocent people in a lot of cruel ways, but that does not justify us doing it back to him (or allowing another government to do it on our behalf), it makes us no better than him to be honest.

Last edited by andrewb; 30-12-2006 at 13:40.
andrewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 13:40   #23
Resident Waffler

I used to think lethal injection was the least cruel means of execution but now it seems that is excrutiatingly painful but the person is unable to move or scream so we have been unaware of how much they suffered.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 13:43   #24
Give, give, give member

Strange how it's only the conquered who stand trial for war crimes.

George Dubya better hopes he wins his war, or he'll be swinging from the gallows next.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 13:59   #25
Senior Member+

garinda

even if they dont

chances are the next president wil pardon him just like nixon was by ford

iraq wont b solved until each faction has its own country
Old 30-12-2006, 14:22   #26
Give, give, give member

Strange how no one was tried or hanged for the Allied bombing of Dresden in 1945, when 25,000-35,000 civilans were killed in the mass blanket bombing.

Oh yes, the reason why no one was held to account for this was that we won.

War, a funny old game.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 14:53   #27
Senior Member+

Ithink Saddam had prepared himself for eventual capture & the noose whilst on the run,thats why he grew the beard,to hide the rope burns.
Old 30-12-2006, 15:09   #28
God Member

he should of been shot, the evil bastard
Old 30-12-2006, 15:17   #29
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Strange how no one was tried or hanged for the Allied bombing of Dresden in 1945, when 25,000-35,000 civilans were killed in the mass blanket bombing.

War, a funny old game.
Agree , the only "punishment'" Bomber Harris got , was not getting a Knighthood like the leaders of the other services
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2006, 15:17   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

War, a funny old game.

Perhaps you'd prefer that Hitler won. War is not a game, funny or otherwise. Up against such an enemy, one goes hell bent for leather. Breaking civilian will used to be a part of that......something only the Islamists seem to understand these days.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..