Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2007, 00:49   #121
God Member

Re: Saddam Hussain Executed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
Just why oh why do these morons think they have the universal panacea to the entire worlds problems? America the so called richest most powerful nation on earth has problems enough of its own, without trying to play god to the rest of the world. 'Physician heal thyself'.
Ianto.W...........be careful .........Bullseyebarb will have you in her sights

on a serious note .....I find the public airing of the execution a poor reflection the "democratically' elected Govt. we installed and proping up, seems to me we have gone from one bunch of thugs to another
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-01-2007, 01:13   #122
Resting in peace

Quote:
steeljack Ianto.W...........be careful .........Bullseyebarb will have you in her sights
Time someone livened things up mate, threads are a bit mundane lately, I think we must all be suffering from New Year hangovers. Yes the filming of the 'execution' was obscene to say the least, a totally degrading spectacle.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:38   #123
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
I find the public airing of the execution a poor reflection the "democratically' elected Govt. we installed and proping up, seems to me we have gone from one bunch of thugs to another
They are now saying that the execution was not carried out by officials but by Saddam's enemies who had forced the officials out of the way and taken over. The problem is that there cannot be a democracy where certain sections of the population believe that other sections of the population could never represent them. Looking at the violence out there now it's perhaps understandable when someone rules by force. I'm not saying it's right. I'm just saying you can see why it happens.

The 'democratically elected' leader sounds like he's had enough.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 10:52   #124
Resting in peace

Garibaldi could not unite Iraq, the only feasible solution to this problem would be 'in the absence of another dictator', to fragment iraq into self managing areas, people inevitably will chose to move as they did in India. But it would seem to be the only way to avoid a bloodbath.

Last edited by Ianto.W.; 04-01-2007 at 10:55.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:33   #125
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianto.W. View Post
T Yes the filming of the 'execution' was obscene to say the least, a totally degrading spectacle.
good , why the hell should he have been allowed to die with any shred of dignity,he shoudl have been tourtured to the point that he was begging to die , i say he got off pretty lightly compared to the way people suffered when he killed them
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 13:07   #126
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
good , why the hell should he have been allowed to die with any shred of dignity,he shoudl have been tourtured to the point that he was begging to die , i say he got off pretty lightly compared to the way people suffered when he killed them

Maybe if Geo w Bush wasnt involed it could well have happened and it would have been on Iraqi TV.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 13:28   #127
Resting in peace

Quote:
The point is chav1, will the young people who will inevitably view this sick footage, think this is the correct way to behave, it did the executioners no credit to lower themseves to Saddam Hussains level.
Old 04-01-2007, 15:40   #128
I am Banned

treat scum like scum i say

this is why we will never win teh war against the people who follow saddam and terrorists etc

as long as we are bound by moral codes and rules of war , fair treatment of prisoners etc they will always have the upper hand

if they capture one of our guys he gets tortured , beheaded and his carcas defiled yet if we catch one of tehir guys he is protected by laws and rights given to him by the very people he wants dead

if we were at war with a country like germany or france then rules of war would be followed by both sides as both sides are capable of moral understandings but terrorists and the likes of saddam have no value for human life what so ever and will exploit our weakness as they see it to its full potential

they should be treated like wild animals and simply put down

no body with any morals would like to do it but if that is what it takes to rid ourselves of terrorists , extreemists and fundamentalists then so be it
Old 04-01-2007, 15:46   #129
God Member

Quote:
no body with any morals would like to do it but if that is what it takes to rid ourselves of terrorists , extreemists and fundamentalists then so be it

how would it get rid of them.. they would be too scared to do it? is that the theory... hmm slightly flawed don't you think..
Old 04-01-2007, 15:55   #130
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
how would it get rid of them.. they would be too scared to do it? is that the theory... hmm slightly flawed don't you think..
nope .............

next question
Old 04-01-2007, 15:57   #131
God Member

OK...next question.. are you just ranting and even though you know your posts are flawed and unworkable your just enjoying the rant..

Or do you really think it would work... the fact that it wouldnt being irrelevant..?

well?

Old 04-01-2007, 21:54   #132
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

if we were at war with a country like germany or france then rules of war would be followed by both sides as both sides are capable of moral understandings but terrorists and the likes of saddam have no value for human life what so ever and will exploit our weakness as they see it to its full potential------------------------------------------------------------------your on a bad errand with germany chav( capable of moral understanding) think a lot will disagree with that un.
Old 04-01-2007, 22:09   #133
Give, give, give member

What amazes me about all the people knitting whilst the 'evil' dictator hangs, is that he has been 'evil', ie: responsible for thousands of deaths, for decades, yet no one said a word.

Dear Baroness Thatcher gave warm praise recently on the death of her old friend, ex-Argentinian President General Pinochet. A man responsible for thousands of deaths of innocent people. Whilst on a visit to Britain a Spanish court tried to extradite him, so he could stand trial for crimes against humanity. The British courts refused Thatcher's chum the chance to pay for his evil crimes and let him go. Sweet.

All that time, literally decades, the West saw Saddam as a 'friendly', stable power in the Middle East. We had trade and diplomatic relations with Iraq, and indeed kept good old British industry going by selling arms to them, including the nerve gas he used to gas the Kurds.

So to all the sheep, glad that 'evil' Saddam has hung, do try and open your eyes to all the other dictators throughout the world, just as evil, but no where near as well placed to the world's largest oil reserves.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 21:16   #134

The Iraqis missed a golden opportunity here. The message should have been - the past is dead and we are moving on to a better future. Instead, the setting was all wrong and the participants ghastly. The execution should never have been taped for public viewing. Washington was careless in the final moments of Saddam's life and this is a perfect example of America's hands-off approach which has encouraged too many meddling fingers. The Iraq government is new and weak. It needs shaping up and is likely to get that in 2007. That said, the bottom line is - Saddam is gone. Moqtada al-Sadr should be next.

It's a fact, garinda, that oil fuels our economies. There will not be any workable alternatives on a mass scale for quite some time. Therefore, stability in world oil markets is crucial.

The media and critics of the Iraq war have done a masterful job of separating it from the overall war against Islamic terrorism. However, it is an integral part of the whole.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 21:57   #135
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
It's a fact, garinda, that oil fuels our economies. There will not be any workable alternatives on a mass scale for quite some time. Therefore, stability in world oil markets is crucial.

Barb a couple of points I want to pass by you .
1, So you agree , that is the reason we invaded and occupied a soveriegn state , for the oil .........and I suppose you find nothing wrong with the fact ,if this weekends news reports are to be believed that the Iraqi minisiter for natural resources will this week sign an order handing over total control all petroleum and gas exploration, development and production to 3 American energy companies for the next 30 years in return for 'royalty' payments.
Barb, if I was a little bare-assed raggy arab who had nothing else to lose , no matter what religion, I would be out there wanting the "foriegn devils" out,a matter of national pride, and I really expect the insurgancy to increase with increasing support from the average Arab in the street , with anti-American feeling spreading from Morroco right through the Gulf .
2, Something I don't think Washington understands is the idea that nationalism is a new/ alien concept in the Middle-east, these folks are muslims first, then sunni or shia,then tribe, then Iraqi, Egyptian, Yemeni .
Nasser, Saddam Hussien, the Late Shah. Assad (senior) in Syria were all secularists who tried to push nationalism and each one failed and the Mosques remained in control. This is where the terrorism is coming from, in another recent thread photos were posted of the recent Hajj to Mecca, you want fervancy and brainwashing check out the pics, 3 or 4 million pilgrims at a time all obeying and following the mullahs rules maybe a poor analogy but the Nuremberg rallies were childrens tea-parties compared the mass hysteria generated during the Hajj.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..