Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2006, 12:00   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Save Energy

Sorry Should have been ex spurt, ex as in has been, spurt, a drip under pressure. If you can't work it out............

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-10-2006, 12:09   #32
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Save Energy

So you were trying to be rude and insulting Bazf and failed miserably. Now I was awarded some negative Karma whilst being accused (anonymously) of being rude. So following that lead I will do the same, but not anonymously, when the system allows me to do so.
Old 25-10-2006, 12:18   #33
Senior Member+

Ok, you awarded negative Karma, well hey ho, it makes you feel better, I didn't but if I did I would have put my moniker on it. I also have an old father who is a cantankerous old git, I put up with him because like most retired old farts he knows everything and no one can disagree with him, I find most of your serious posting amusing and like most misimformed people very one sided. So take away all the karma you want old man, when the system allows you, and I will continue to to fight the good fight and if I feel like it, which is often, disagree with you. Just for your last post have a .

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 12:25   #34
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty
So you were trying to be rude and insulting Bazf and failed miserably. Now I was awarded some negative Karma whilst being accused (anonymously) of being rude. So following that lead I will do the same, but not anonymously, when the system allows me to do so.
Please Jambutty change the record, you have said in other threads you don't believe in the karma system but every time it is used instead of ignoring it you start moaning about cowardice, anonimous etc,this is your thread why not try to keep it on track instead of making yourself appear petty to the very people that you are complaining about?

If someone gives you negative most of us don't care, and we don't want your excellent threads ruined by you moaning on about something that shouldn't bother a man of your mature and succinct view of the world.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2006, 12:54   #35
Apprentice Geriatric

One day Bazf, if you live that long, you too will probably end up as a cantankerous old git and become a retired old fart that by then will know a lot more than the youngsters of the day.

However it saddens me to read that you “put up with your father” rather than have any affection for him.

I have no idea how old you are or the age of your father but the chances are that either him or his father and their wives sacrificed a lot just so that you could have the freedom to post what you like, within the bounds of decency, in English and live in a so called democracy. Your dad’s reward? To be put up with. Absolutely shameful!

All opinions are by their very nature one-sided Bazf. Do you expect people to argue all sides of a topic? What if they don’t agree with one side? Are they supposed to argue for something that they disagree with?

You fight your ‘good fight’ as you see it and I will continue to do the same but I won’t resort to name calling if I disagree with you.

Thanks you for your kind words Less. However I don’t care about the Karma negative or positive. What I do care about is the anonymity of some awards. Posts are not anonymous and a Karma comment is nothing more than a mini-post albeit only seen by the recipient. So why the shyness? Are people not prepared to stand by what they say or write? Obviously some are not.
Old 25-10-2006, 13:30   #36

Quote:

However I don’t care about the Karma negative or positive.
Oh yes you do or you wouldn't divert from your own thread to comment on it.

Quote:
What I do care about is the anonymity of some awards.
If you don't believe in the system why should it matter how it is set up?
Quote:
Posts are not anonymous and a Karma comment is nothing more than a mini-post albeit only seen by the recipient.
Perhaps the people that post anonymously are not as good a 'wordsmith' as you but this gives them a chance to comment on your thoughts, again a man of your intellectual stature should be able to forgive these lesser mortals their failings and continue to maintain the standard you have acheived without such comments effecting your flow of thoughts?
Quote:
So why the shyness?

There you go someone shy trying to come to terms with it and you just blunder all over their feelings, 'shame' on you, they are surely to be encouraged rather than demeened, this could be their first step to coming out of their shell and you act without care or sympathy!

Quote:
Are people not prepared to stand by what they say or write? Obviously some are not

Perhaps they feel that no matter what their response to you is they will be wrong? and rather than have you moan on about them in person they would just rather give you negative and watch you tear your hair out, it does seem to be your weak spot.

Can I again ask you, (as politely as I can), not to keep moaning on about something that (in your opinion), isn't worth a mention, You do tend to be very protective of threads that you start and yet as soon as something negative comes your way. you shoot straight off onto this minor tangent, (perhaps that is their plan), I don't like this thread I'll get him to change it, bang! they give you negative, you lose the plot, everyone else loses patience with you and the whole thing just travels around in circles?
Old 25-10-2006, 13:59   #37
Apprentice Geriatric

Quote:
Perhaps the people that post anonymously are not as good a 'wordsmith' as you but this gives them a chance to comment on your thoughts, again a man of your intellectual stature should be able to forgive these lesser mortals their failings and continue to maintain the standard you have acheived without such comments effecting your flow of thoughts?
I don’t consider other people as lesser mortals Less - just those with an education that has been different to mine. Many can do a lot better then I can and some cannot. It’s the way life is. But thank you for the psychoanalysis of my character even though its way off the mark.

This thread is supposed to be about Saving Energy and it wasn’t me who pulled it off topic. So why don’t you get onto entwisi who started the wander and then chav1 and Busman747, plus a few others. I just responded to some of their comments because I was asked questions or the comments warranted answers.

But then I guess some people think that I’m not supposed to post what I think unless it happens to coincide with what they think.
Old 25-10-2006, 14:42   #38

Quote:
I don’t consider other people as lesser mortals Less - just those with an education that has been different to mine. Many can do a lot better then I can and some cannot. It’s the way life is. But thank you for the psychoanalysis of my character even though its way off the mark.

This thread is supposed to be about Saving Energy and it wasn’t me who pulled it off topic. So why don’t you get onto entwisi who started the wander and then chav1 and Busman747, plus a few others. I just responded to some of their comments because I was asked questions or the comments warranted answers.

But then I guess some people think that I’m not supposed to post what I think unless it happens to coincide with what they think.
You are too complex for me to try to work out the too-ings and fro-ings of your mind, (please do not imply what isn't there).

Yes the thread is supposed to be about saving energy and in two posts I have mentioned that perhaps you should try to get back on track,
Quote:
Thanks to the anonymous coward for the negative Karma and the message, “You can stick your nose out of this you rude little man.”
I am correct in saying this is something you posted in this thread? It seems like a wander to me and that is what I have been answering, with I hope in each post a hint that such comments that you did quote should be ignored and that you should reposses your thread and get it back on topic?

Oh, you mean Busman747 and entwisi?

addendum Oops how silly of me I've misquoted your quote, please ignore comments about entwisi and I will start all over again with a fresh post to correct this post if you would like me to?

Well entwisi did say in his opinion the queen can afford it, (meaning the floodlights), so thats on topic isn't it?

Busman747? Poor innocent Busman 747, gave you an honest opinion and got told to stick his nose out!

Why post if you don't want people to reply? Replies such as
Quote:
So stick your nose out!
could put people off talking with you and might scare them into anonomous negativity!

Well I could chat with you all day but I've just notice I've left my stairs light on, so I musn't linger while there's energy to save, talk again soon, perhaps on some other topic, one that you don't tend to wander from perhaps?

Last edited by Less; 25-10-2006 at 14:46.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..