Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-10-2013, 07:08   #136
Senior Member+

Re: School Beards.

I think that the saga of the bearded children is all part of the overall plot to totally dominate our (once) wonderful Country.
The graves of my ancestors are looking markedly disturbed with the turning over of the occupants.
Old 15-10-2013, 07:18   #137
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by keith higson View Post
After reading the blogs on this it would appear that the racial intolerants are out in force, shame on you. Modst people have no say in where and into what religion they are born into, with most of the comments being racial no wonder other people of different religions etc get the ****s.
You are right about being born into a religion and having little choice over it....but tolerance goes two ways and in these cases only one side is being tolerant....and it isn't the religion which begins with an M.

I do not care what colour or creed someone is as long as they get on with their lives and let me get on with mine.
I do care that these people who can flaunt thier culture and circumvent rules on how they dress in school, courts, banks and other establishments that require certain codes of behaviour to apply...codes of behaviour which we ALL have to follow.......I also despise those who quell these discussions, by labelling any dissention as racist.

Britain has long been a place of tolerance...but to get tolerance you have to give tolerance to others too.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 07:20   #138
Beacon of light

Keith...I note that you live in Austraila.....a wonderful place to be, where there are strict controls over who comes into, and goes out of the country...therein the difference lies.
You have very little idea of what it is like to live here now, and are in a poor position to comment on what is happening in a local Catholic School.
Shurm, jaysay and Big Dave like this.
Old 15-10-2013, 17:23   #139
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
I'm certainly not a racist (I think most people say this before they say something that could be construed as ) but you only have to read this Forum to realise most people on here have the same view no matter what our background. We don't mind other cultures or religions but some of these don't realise it's them that should be more tolerant of our culture and religion.

Whilst we sit back they push every rule every law every establishment, there must come a time when people say enough is enough in a firm way otherwise the inevitable will happen and these people will be governing us locally in some shape or form and guess who won't be tolerant then

Most of us just want a quiet life and to get on with our own things but a lot of these people are extremist and will not stop to they gain control unfortunately.

However like a mentioned before how can only 2% of the population and then only a small % of them cause so much unrest and push things like they do and still get away with it
I think the statement, Not all Muslims are terrorist but most terrorist are Muslim, says it all really Shurm
Eric likes this.
Old 15-10-2013, 17:56   #140
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think the statement, Not all Muslims are terrorist but most terrorist are Muslim, says it all really Shurm
Or ? Is a terrorist only a terrorist until they overpower the regime they claim to be fighting, then history will mark them down as freedom fighters!
Whichever it is too many innocents always die for someone else's cause.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 21:52   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Keith...I note that you live in Austraila.....a wonderful place to be, where there are strict controls over who comes into, and goes out of the country...therein the difference lies.
You have very little idea of what it is like to live here now, and are in a poor position to comment on what is happening in a local Catholic School.
We also have immagrants coming into this country ( many of them being of the M Religion) and many of them being illegal entrants, who over the past few years have appeared to received better treatment than quite a lot of people who either where born here or arrived legally. We also have conclaves of different nationalities, cultures etc.

Britain is not alone in having schools who have rules on Dress, Jewellery we also have them but a few people do not agree with the rules. Anyway thanks for your thoughtful comments . Keep Blogging
keith higson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2013, 22:08   #142
Beacon of light

Thanks Keith......I will!
Old 17-10-2013, 00:12   #143
Senior Member+

Quote:
We also have immagrants coming into this country ( many of them being of the M Religion) and many of them being illegal entrants, who over the past few years have appeared to received better treatment than quite a lot of people who either where born here or arrived legally. We also have conclaves of different nationalities, cultures etc.

Britain is not alone in having schools who have rules on Dress, Jewellery we also have them but a few people do not agree with the rules. Anyway thanks for your thoughtful comments . Keep Blogging
I thought Australia's main influx was from China?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 00:16   #144
Senior Member+

Quote:
After reading the blogs on this it would appear that the racial intolerants are out in force, shame on you. Modst people have no say in where and into what religion they are born into, with most of the comments being racial no wonder other people of different religions etc get the ****s.
People are expressing their opinions based on the facts, I don't see the problem?

Religion is a choice and if a certain religion believes it is true, then it should be open and able to take critique.
A religion unable or unwilling to be critiqued has lost the argument.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 11:38   #145
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
People are expressing their opinions based on the facts, I don't see the problem?

Religion is a choice and if a certain religion believes it is true, then it should be open and able to take critique.
A religion unable or unwilling to be critiqued has lost the argument.
In some countries there is no choice, they are brain washed from child birth, what gets me is the yodeliing from the minarets calling the faithful to prayer, if they are so faithful why do they need calling, they should already be there.
In this country were are to a certain extent allowed minds af our own as to what religion we follow, or do no follow.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2013, 13:02   #146
Beacon of light

Muslims can be killed for converting to another religion...apostasy is punishable by death especially if the convert is a muslim male.
They can also be held prisoner until they realise the error of their ways.
Muslim women who commit apostasy are liable to be killed, enslaved or imprisoned until they recant their new fait h and revert back to Islam.
So if you are born muslim, you stay muslim, on pain of death.
Not much choice there then....but Islam is supposed to be a religion of tolerance.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 17-10-2013 at 13:06.
Old 17-10-2013, 17:27   #147
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Muslims can be killed for converting to another religion...apostasy is punishable by death especially if the convert is a muslim male.
They can also be held prisoner until they realise the error of their ways.
Muslim women who commit apostasy are liable to be killed, enslaved or imprisoned until they recant their new fait h and revert back to Islam.
So if you are born muslim, you stay muslim, on pain of death.
Not much choice there then....but Islam is supposed to be a religion of tolerance.
Ya and Muslims are supposed to be TT too, I emphasise supposed
Old 17-10-2013, 19:37   #148
Beacon of light

yes John, and consuming alcohol is minor apostasy, eating forbidden food is also minor apostasy...as is adultery......don't know what the punishment is for doing these things.
Old 18-10-2013, 18:04   #149
Resting in Peace

Quote:
yes John, and consuming alcohol is minor apostasy, eating forbidden food is also minor apostasy...as is adultery......don't know what the punishment is for doing these things.
Ya happy ham sandwiches
Old 25-10-2013, 14:44   #150

The punishment for adultery (in a Muslim country) is death if you are a woman, not sure about what happens to a man though.

Jelly Baby
jelly baby is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..