Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2013, 15:28   #16
I am Banned

Re: School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Its about ruddy time these people were raced back to there countries were thats the norm.
They were all born here I'll betcha' MrC .. we can't sent these callow youths anywhere. Callow and ill advised they are but home grown just the same.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2013, 15:41   #17
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
They were all born here I'll betcha' MrC .. we can't sent these callow youths anywhere. Callow and ill advised they are but home grown just the same.
A famous comedian once made a joke about born, and stables.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 16:04   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Oh i agree D they no doubt were, but i'd still boot em off to where thats the norm, in other words,live by our standards or go if they are unacceptable to em.end of the day we live abroad n accept.
Old 07-10-2013, 17:00   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
Oh i agree D they no doubt were, but i'd still boot em off to where thats the norm, in other words,live by our standards or go if they are unacceptable to em.end of the day we live abroad n accept.
Breaking with tradition I am, "shudder" with Less on this one Ol, it must have been a slow news day.
A non story.
Old 07-10-2013, 17:05   #20
Beacon of light

Of course they are born here...but that doesn't make it acceptable for them to flout the school rules that must have been in place when they were accepted for places...they haven't just gone to that school they ar 14 years old..if their parents do not like the rules then let these juveniles go to where this form of appearance is acceptable.

When I mentioned about people accepting the rules of the country they have chosen to live in....I wasn't on about sending them back to whence they came, but just saying that they were free to leave at any time if they didn't feel that this country suited their culture...and for some it obviously doesn't, but I guess they are reluctant to give up any tax credits or family allowance that they get here(and maybe wouldn't get elsewhere).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 17:05   #21
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Ya I wonder why its always us who have to change to cater for others who choose to live here, whether they're born here or not, if people don't like our way of living Manchester airport is only around 30 miles away and flights leave regularly for all points east
maxthecollie likes this.
Old 07-10-2013, 17:07   #22
Beacon of light

Quote:
Breaking with tradition I am, "shudder" with Less on this one Ol, it must have been a slow news day.
A non story.
It may have been a slow day in the newsroom, but it has still provoked interest...and comments.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 17:20   #23
Senior Member+

Pretty sure that in the early '50s there were RC and Jewish pupils at AGS - they were excused morning assembly during prayers. Not 100% certain, maybe Bob Dobson can confirm or otherwise.
Old 07-10-2013, 17:24   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Pretty sure that in the early '50s there were RC and Jewish pupils at AGS - they were excused morning assembly during prayers. Not 100% certain, maybe Bob Dobson can confirm or otherwise.
There were certainly none catholics at Holy Family (Mt Carmel) in the early 60s, they were exempt prayers at morning assembly
Old 07-10-2013, 17:35   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
In late 50s, 59 to be precise i was refused admission by The Education Authority admittance to AGS cos i was catholic, even went wi me mam up to the office on "Cannon St" to argue the toss.
Old 07-10-2013, 18:01   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
I can remember R.C. pupils at AGS . There was one in our class.He was excused morning assembly as you say. That was in the 1960's
maxthecollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 18:21   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxthecollie View Post
I can remember R.C. pupils at AGS . There was one in our class.He was excused morning assembly as you say. That was in the 1960's
They objected to me cos i was at St Johns, being brought up wi me nan n she was bad on her pins n couldn't take me to St,Annes, she lived on block below St Johns n could stand at door whilst i walked up yon. Barstewards they were in my view.
Old 07-10-2013, 19:01   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
It may have been a slow day in the newsroom, but it has still provoked interest...and comments.
Says a lot on the day after a jury convicted an alchoholic mother of eight of manslaughter. The poor mite dying in unimaginable squalor and being found mummified years later.
Hutton was the daughter of a nurse came from a middleclass background and herself had been a care assistant. Professionals (not my description) who visited the house noted no concerns about the other children despite their untreated head lice, fungal infections and signs of frostbite like damage on their toes.
Then again there's already a thread "Tragic Human Failure"
Old 07-10-2013, 19:03   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Funnily enough they don't hold trials in Accy these days.
Old 07-10-2013, 19:06   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Funnily enough they don't hold trials in Accy these days.
They have still got the stocks up Huncoit though

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..