Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree103Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-10-2013, 10:21   #46
I am Banned

Re: School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They(the elders) have said that the growing of facial hair is what the prophet did and that these boys are emulating the prophet.....but that isn't religious is it?

They did not support the schools dress and uniform policy, but stated that these religious beliefs should be respected.

If these boys wish to follow slavishly the actions of the prophet, then they should be in a school which accommodates this practice.
There will no doubt be a goodly few kids sporting hairstyles emulating Justin Beiber too Mrs P up Willows Lane.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2013, 10:25   #47
I am Banned

Backward, ugly attitudes? Islam didn’t invent em'. We’ve got plenty of it to go around in the western world as well.
Less and Restless like this.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
Backward, ugly attitudes? Islam didn’t invent em'. We’ve got plenty of it to go around in the western world as well.
Islam aint a problem,never has been,its the Radicals in it that are,
DtheP47 likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:47   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

Well. On this subject- If I had any children I would prefer that they do not go to any religious school and request that they do not get force fed any religion. Totally and utterly irrelevant to curriculum. In a perfect world, imho- would be no religious schools whatsoever.

religion shoudl be kept away from all education and politics period its like having 2 subjedcts of fact been interfered with by a fairy tale yet having influence over the two sensible things.

unfotunatly religion is drummed into people from a very young age and its very hard to shake it off.Even the most hardened athiest will say things like thank god for that and jesus christ that hurt.It shouldnt be brought up until a person reaches adulthood when it can see it for what it is.A total farce from page 1 to the end of its user manual or bible as its called by some lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:53   #50
I am Banned

brouhaha - a confused disturbance far greater than its cause merits

Pinching a phrase from the Dragons Den

" I'm out"
Old 08-10-2013, 11:36   #51
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
religion shoudl be kept away from all education and politics period its like having 2 subjedcts of fact been interfered with by a fairy tale yet having influence over the two sensible things.

unfotunatly religion is drummed into people from a very young age and its very hard to shake it off.Even the most hardened athiest will say things like thank god for that and jesus christ that hurt.It shouldnt be brought up until a person reaches adulthood when it can see it for what it is.A total farce from page 1 to the end of its user manual or bible as its called by some lol
Some folk have religion, drummed in from birth, other folk have football drummed in from birth.

Taken to their extremes, both can cause bad feeling and arguments!

However, I think I would rather go to a football match, how many religions serve pies to the fans at half time?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:37   #52
Beacon of light

Quote:
There will no doubt be a goodly few kids sporting hairstyles emulating Justin Beiber too Mrs P up Willows Lane.
I'm sure there are, but if this does not contravene the dress and unform code of the school then it has no part in this discussion...and they certainly won't be consulting 'elders' to support their case.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:38   #53

Quote:
Well you should have pressed the school harder in the interests of impartiality and balance to arrange as many cross cultural visits to schools, places of worship etc.

Let me tell you from vast experience, if you ask someone if they are your average politically active person they will insist that they are – and then they will do precisely zero about things they moan about..

I did press the school. There policy was to respect the religious beliefs of other faiths hence no trips to other faiths places of worship. Now the school was respecting there views so they got told to respect mine also. Now i aint a religious person but i believe that all are equal regardless of faith as there is too much ill feeling etc.However, if we were to ever live in harmony then respect must come from all and not the 1

Last edited by GJWatson; 08-10-2013 at 11:41.
GJWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:39   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Some folk have religion, drummed in from birth, other folk have football drummed in from birth.

Taken to their extremes, both can cause bad feeling and arguments!

However, I think I would rather go to a football match, how many religions serve pies to the fans at half time?
And yeh can have a pint wi yer pie these days, Does that not tempt yeh Less?
Old 08-10-2013, 11:40   #55
Beacon of light

Quote:
brouhaha - a confused disturbance far greater than its cause merits

Pinching a phrase from the Dragons Den

" I'm out"
You really are kind aren't you?
Taking time out from your busy day to educate us.
I have a dictionary.......I know how to use it.
'I'm out'? Does this mean your participation in this thread is at an end?
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 11:57   #56

School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
And yeh can have a pint wi yer pie these days, Does that not tempt yeh Less?
Get thee behind me Satan...

...and push me in!
Old 08-10-2013, 14:25   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Get thee behind me Satan...

...and push me in!

If there was a religion that served pies and pints sign me up. Sounds better than bread and lambrini
Restless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 14:42   #58

School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
If there was a religion that served pies and pints sign me up. Sounds better than bread and lambrini
You see how easily you're persuaded?

Think for yourself, not the herd, why do Christians refer to each other as the flock?

Baa, you work it out, it shouldn't need explaining.
:/
Restless likes this.
Old 08-10-2013, 15:01   #59
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
They(the elders) have said that the growing of facial hair is what the prophet did and that these boys are emulating the prophet.....but that isn't religious is it?
Isn`t it a shame Jesus didn`t have a beard, then all the catholic lads (or their parents) could use that excuse.
gpick24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 15:18   #60

School Beards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpick24 View Post
Isn`t it a shame Jesus didn`t have a beard, then all the catholic lads (or their parents) could use that excuse.
Isn't it strange?

Jesus without a beard?

Next thing you'll be saying he wasn't a Jew!

What was God thinking of when he created man?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..