Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2006, 01:13   #31
God Member

Re: school uniform rip off

Credit unions are excellent, we've got one here, and my nan was only asking about it yesterday. Not so long back they were hardly heard of, seems they've become very popular now.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-07-2006, 05:07   #32
God Member

are navy blue knickers with a pocket for the dinner money still worn for P E
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 21:20   #33
God Member

When i lived over there my kids went to rhyddings and what a good uniform that was .trousers boys and girls if prefered polo shirt and sweatshirt..a uniform kept simple yet still smart ..and inexpensive ..well done rhyddings... more schools could follow this example making happy kids , happy parents.and pockets still jingling ..my son suggested this to his new school over here and is now being considered,,
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 22:19   #34
God Member

Schools are underfunded, selling the uniform is one way of getting a little bit of extra revenue. Fortunately, my daughter's school (where Zack starts in september) don't insist on a specific supplier or by buying it from themselves. So I buy their sweaters from school (£13 when I could get it a lot cheaper elsewhere) but buy skirts and shirts (£2.50 from Asda when they cost £6 from the school).

When I went to school buying the uniform was a complete week's wage for my parents and a specific trip to Gray's. Now, they can be picked up in Asda or anywhere else for a fraction of the cost so I'm not complaining about it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..