Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2005, 21:04   #16

Re: schools.

I agree with all this but isn't it right that would naughty kids be removed then them who wanted to learn would do
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2005, 08:30   #17
Senior Member+

Perhaps they should bring back the cane.

It was phased out while I was at school, but while it was there people daren't do anything wrong for fear of getting caned.

Ooh, was that a deterrent they abolished?

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 08:49   #18
Resident Waffler

Unfortunately excluding some kids is playing right into their hands because that is what they actually want and why they misbehave. It makes them centre of attention, gets them privileged treatment. It's a pity they can't be made to do some hard work like clearing up litter etc as a punishment but unfortunately in this day and age we mustn't hurt or upset the poor little so and sos

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:11   #19

Your right Willow some kids play up because they know they will be excluded. A few years ago my friends son did this and was sent to a place called Broughton Towers, there he went absailing, rock climbing and all kinds of other things, he loved it. where as my kids who behaved couldn't do any of this because i don't have that kind of money! It seemed very unfair that kids who behaved got no "treats" while little sods got everything!
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 11:47   #20
God Member

I have to say the major factor in all this is lack of parenting (except in cases of the children with known medical conditions) and lack of threatened punishment. What have they seriously got to be afraid of nowadays and the disruptive kids seem to be getting younger and younger. Anyone noticed the age of some of the kids getting ASBO's recently?? It's frightening

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 13:24   #21
Senior Member+

There's no consequences for these kids any more though, and that is where the problem lies.

If someone does something and gets away with it, they will continue to do it, and each time go that little bit further - testing the boundary of what they can get away with.

If it was nipped in the bud at an early age, there would not be as many problems as there are now.

Many people here are old enough to remember getting a clip round the ear when they were younger, either by the local bobby or someone else, and no-one thought anything of it. If the person told their parents, they would more than likely get another one for their trouble!

Old 07-06-2005, 14:09   #22

Well, it never did me any harm...well long term anyway...lol
Old 07-06-2005, 14:18   #23
God Member

The Headteacher should have the power to expel. The class teacher or form teacher should have the authority to administer corporal punishment. Six of the best with a leather strap was the punishment when I was at secondary school.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 14:20   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
The Headteacher should have the power to expel. The class teacher or form teacher should have the authority to administer corporal punishment. Six of the best with a leather strap was the punishment when I was at secondary school.
Yeah, and it was your fault I got 6 too! (on more than one occaision)
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 14:24   #25

ouch!!!!!!
Old 07-06-2005, 15:51   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Yeah, and it was your fault I got 6 too! (on more than one occaision)
What a scurrilous, bordering on slanderous accusation. Who was it got me nissed a pewt on cheap red plonk on the school trip to Paris?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 16:29   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself
What a scurrilous, bordering on slanderous accusation. Who was it got me nissed a pewt on cheap red plonk on the school trip to Paris?
You found the stuff at 3 francs (25p) a bottle and said it was a better deal than coca-cola; I was only the one who went in the shop and bought it.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 07-06-2005 at 16:30.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 16:38   #28
land of hope and glory

let the teachers sort the kids out the old fashioned way, learn them to respect and treat other people how they should be respected, that is what is missing in a lot of youngsters today.I would never have found out about S@M or dominetrix if i hadnt of been naughty at school.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 16:43   #29
Senior Member+

I didn't realise they taught that in the schools up there.

What have we been missing down south?

Old 07-06-2005, 22:37   #30
God Member

I have to say that it boils down to one word RESPECT. Think about it, why did we not go off the rails when we prob could have done (although I'm sure we all had a blips) it was because we respected those in authority. That's my belief anyway. Problem is that many of these kids no longer respect the authority within their own homes so why should they feel threatened by authority outside of it?? responses please...........

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..