Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2005, 07:34   #31
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!
Re: schools.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
I was only the one who went in the shop and bought it.

Oooh Tealeaf!!! I knew that behind that sensible exterior there was a naughty boy lurking..

Shame on you....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-06-2005, 07:46   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
I would never have found out about S@M or dominetrix if i hadnt of been naughty at school.
And you have been a naughty boy ever since I suppose
Old 08-06-2005, 08:53   #33
Resting in peace

We live in an era when everyone knows their rights, but too few know the responsbilities that go with those rights. Unless we make a strenuous effort to educate children in how to be responsible and decent adults, we will never make any progress. We should teach children self-respect and respect for others, I do agree. And yes, there should be punishment for those who do not toe the line - not rewards. as is all too often the case. If you do wrong, you should suffer for it in one way or another.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:35   #34
Resident Waffler

The problem is who is going to teach them? We've got a generation of children whose parents themselves had no discipline and cannot see what their little darlings are doing wrong. We have young adults who believe the world owes them even though they never lift a finger to do anything. Where do you start?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 09:54   #35

When we were kids how many of us wanted to go or were dragged to Church Sunday school e.t.c? Where we learned about God's wrath if you did wrong. IMO respect went out the window when secularisation came in. A lot of kids nowadays grow up not even knowing who or what God is! Another point is the community has all but gone. When I was a kid if I did anything wrong It was guarenteed that Aunty so&so or Uncle such & such (who were no relation) would see you and tell my Parents. Sadly this seems to have all but disappeared with people keeping themselves to themselves.
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 15:17   #36

Unhappy Re: schools.

The attitude of some young people was summned up for me the other day,when I was talking to a young aquaintance who is in her late teens.Noticing she seemed a bit subdued(not her usual boistrous self)I asked her what the matter was.
The reply was that she had no money,'because the people at the social can't get off their lazy ar### and give me my 87 quid!'(per fortnight)

Now for one reason or another this girl has never done a days work since leaving school,so here I am paying taxes so such as this whinger can accuse the system of letting her down in not being prompt with her free handouts.

The sadder thing is, she could not see the irony of the situation,I really do despair for the future of this country,for she and her like will soon no longer be the minority case but the norm.
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2005, 15:53   #37
Senior Member+

I had to deal with people like that on a daily basis.

That's why I escaped from there at the earliest opportunity

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..