Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2007, 21:54   #16
God Member

Re: See It Like A Baby

Good luck Spug, hope you manage to get there.

This has got to be the worst ever thread wander from my initial post lol!!!

Nay mind discussing bands is much more interesting than the original topic ..... I had the sick bucket at the side of me incase any posts were too loved up mushy stuff!
Old 13-02-2007, 22:02   #17
God Member

OK back to thread heehee wasnt actually a baby but teen and only thing id love to go back an do again .....my first rock concert on hoddlesden moors....awwww such happy memories riding around on a cow ....farmer shooting in the distance shouting obscenities... bring it on.....

ok dream over back to your bands ..lol!!!
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:04   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
Good luck Spug, hope you manage to get there.

This has got to be the worst ever thread wander from my initial post lol!!!

Nay mind discussing bands is much more interesting than the original topic ..... I had the sick bucket at the side of me incase any posts were too loved up mushy stuff!
Not from here it wont be.

Marillion Maiden Whitsnake etc is still to me real music. They always have a good show for their fans and to me cant be beaten. Very few so called modern bands come close.

Maiden voted best British band by Metal Hammer readers
Published: January 30, 2007

Iron Maiden featured highly across the Metal Hammer Readers Poll out this month with the band taking top spot in the BEST BRITISH BAND catergory.

Here's the full run down -

BEST BRITISH BAND
Iron Maiden

BEST BASSIST
Steve Harris

BEST ALBUM
No.2 A Matter of Life and Death

BEST BAND
No.2 Iron Maiden

BEST FRONT PERSON
No.2 Bruce Dickinson

MAN OF THE YEAR
No.3 Bruce Dickinson

BEST GUITARIST
No.4 Janick Gers/ Dave Murray/ Adrian Smith

BEST DRUMMER
No.4 Nicko McBrain

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:11   #19
I am Banned

Quote:
See, as regular as my menstrual cycle

Come on mel, a first experience? One you'd love to relive given the chance?
Theres nowt, i dont have an exciting back catalogue still a lot of 1st experiences to have yet
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:11   #20
God Member

Sounds like you had a ball cherokee!! ... You managed to even keep on the impromtu thread wander with it being a rock concert!

Couldn't agree more Spug, these guys have been in the business long enough to know it inside out and still produce great music. They probably won't be able to snare the younger music generation but they'll always have their hard core fans.
Old 13-02-2007, 22:12   #21
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
What to West Life, McFly , Elton John even?
Uuuuurrrrggggggggggggghhhhhh u having a laugh definately none of those!!
Old 13-02-2007, 22:19   #22
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accymel View Post
Uuuuurrrrggggggggggggghhhhhh u having a laugh definately none of those!!

Well they are gaurenteed to put you to sleep or is it drive you mad!

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 22:20   #23
I am Banned

Quote:
Well they are gaurenteed to put you to sleep or is it drive you mad!
Drive me mad LOL!!
Old 13-02-2007, 22:24   #24
God Member

Quote:
Drive me mad LOL!!

Then in that case go and see Marillion a real group show you how its done with tinks and chill.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 22:27   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Then in that case go and see Marillion a real group show you how its done with tinks and chill.
Nooooooooooooo she tries with best effort i could put up a little bit of it with fish but not as it is after him.

Nope drives me mental [not good mental] she knows im not for turning

Now bon jovi, i chill in a puddle of my drools
Old 13-02-2007, 22:32   #26
God Member

She's a lost cause spug

I've given up trying to convert people, it's each to there own. Me, I like my music to be written and sung from the soul ....... not just because some crappy record company has paid thousands to have a radio friendly single/album on their desk by a certain date.
Old 13-02-2007, 22:39   #27
God Member

Quote:
Nooooooooooooo she tries with best effort i could put up a little bit of it with fish but not as it is after him.

Nope drives me mental [not good mental] she knows im not for turning

Now bon jovi, i chill in a puddle of my drools

Thats close enough for you to be forgiven.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 22:43   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:

Basically the lyrics are 'remember how good those first experiences were'. The feeling of falling in love for the first time. The first time something excited you as kid. The time you got that new job, the first time you kissed, the first time you got drunk, the first time you had sex. Your wedding day ........

What would be the one experience you'd love another go at, to be able to see it like a baby?
Don't know anything about the band you are discussing Tinks, but get your point. Unfortunately first experiences as mentioned aren't always the best, usually improves as times go along e.g. :-

. Falling in love for the 1st time .. bloody hurts, can't sleep, concentrate, wondering constantly if your love is reciprocated and then possible final hurt as you may be cast aside. ... no improves as one learns to shed off these annoyances and enjoy being in love linked with common sense and being realistic.

. First kiss: Usually out in the bloody cold and not knowing which way to position this exercise ... bruised lips, chipped tooth if unlucky .. no improves with experience.

. First time you got drunk: Whizzy head, stomach churning, loss of control to finally vomiting contents of stomach and wasted well-earned money down back alley, taxi or pub toilet .. no improves with hard earned lessons.

.First time you had sex: only women will know that it is not particularly pleasant for physical reasons, exciting maybe, but ... no improves with experience.

. Wedding Day: Only been married the once, but in today's society sure lots of people will agree, in retrospect not the best experience and .. no improves each time you do it...

The list could go on .. problem is you can't look back on these things as first time is never the best experience. Like they say 'Old head on young shoulders' 'If I knew what I know now'

Nothing I would like to experience first time again, sorry.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:47   #29
God Member

Nice analogy there on it.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 22:48   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Nothing I would like to experience first time again, sorry.

OK, I'm going to throw one out there then. I know for certain reasons like post natal depression that some mothers don't feel it ...... but that over whelming feeling of love and pride with your first born. Yes siblings born after are just as special but it's something about that feeling with your first born.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..