Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2007, 21:51   #31
God Member

Re: See It Like A Baby

Guy's can get "that over whelming feeling of love and pride with your first born" as well. I know I did.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2007, 21:55   #32
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle View Post
OK, I'm going to throw one out there then. I know for certain reasons like post natal depression that some mothers don't feel it ...... but that over whelming feeling of love and pride with your first born. Yes siblings born after are just as special but it's something about that feeling with your first born.
Ok .. was just looking at the points you made Tinks on the lyrics .. slightly different catergory I think.... me? had the same feeling with my second (as you say just as special) as with my first. there again 17 years apart .. but don't think quite what the song was talking about really, do you ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 21:56   #33
I am Banned

You can still have the experience of 'that' feeling without having to go thro birth again [seem to remember doing that the 1st time was rather um painful more than subsequent one]
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:02   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
but don't think quite what the song was talking about really, do you ?
Not sure Kate, your probably right, it's only my interpretations of the lyrics ... I could be miles off but I read them as new experiences and feelings you never want to forget. Like back to basics pure human emotional feelings ..... and there's nothing more emotional than that feeling for me.

I can see were your coming from though, see it like a baby could mean the inquisitive side of things. Exploring everything new.
Old 13-02-2007, 22:25   #35
Resting in Peace

Perhaps me bringing out my cyncical side .. haven't heard all the song so not really sure what they are getting at .. well, probably they think 'experiences without emotions' as you state, although they are more laced with emotions 1st time, but the subjects mentioned do get better with practice I think ....
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:37   #36
God Member

Everyone interprets lyrics different I suppose. For example they have a song Uninvited Guest:

You may not recall the moment that you asked me
But your invitation was clear
You'll pretend you've never met me but it's far to late
Now I'm here
Cause I'm the one who knows what scares you
I'm the one who loves you best
I'm the thirteenth at the table
I'm the uninvited guest
I'm the Banquo at your banquet
I'm the cuckoo in your nest
I'm your fifteen-stone first-footer
I'm the uninvited guest

I was there when you said insincere "I love you's"
To a woman who wasn't your wife
And I fronted you the money
That you ran away and blew
On the biggest regret of your life

Cause I'm the one who knows what scares you
I'm the who loves you best
I'm the thirteenth at the table
I'm the uninvited guest
I'm the Banquo at your banquet
I'm the cuckoo in your nest
I'm your New Year's resolution
I'm the uninvited guest

I'm the face you hoped you'd never see
But always knew you would
I'm the one thing you knew you shouldn't do
But did because you could

I would have sworn those lyrics were a play on words regarding 'conscience'. Mthead said nooo it's about the banished ex front man Fish ... turns out we were both wrong it's about AIDS

Shall we just call it artistic licence?

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 13-02-2007 at 22:41.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..