Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-08-2012, 05:35   #196
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Selective Licensing of Landlords

Yeh we also got one.WHY?
Old 16-08-2012, 09:43   #197
Resting In Peace

They were sent to all residents and businesses for information, even if not likely to be included. As a landlord with one property I have been trying to keep up to speed with all this through its various incarnations. Let's hope they have got it right this time. Fortunately my house is not involved so I won't have to pay, probably wouldn't anyway as I rent to a relative and family member renting is exempt.
Old 16-08-2012, 11:31   #198
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
probably wouldn't anyway as I rent to a relative and family member renting is exempt.
Nothing personal but I see that as a loophole thats going to get exploited
Old 16-08-2012, 18:52   #199
God Member

Quote:
probably wouldn't anyway as I rent to a relative and family member renting is exempt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can bet it will be exploited when our MP's and Lords catch on to it!..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2012, 18:56   #200
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
You can bet it will be exploited when our MP's and Lords catch on to it!..
It looks like a "Get Out Of Jail" card fer em to me.
Old 16-08-2012, 19:09   #201
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
It looks like a "Get Out Of Jail" card fer em to me.
Some how I can't see them buying up houses in rundown areas and renting them to their relatives.
Old 16-08-2012, 20:32   #202
God Member

Quote:
Some how I can't see them buying up houses in rundown areas and renting them to their relatives.
Nowt's beyond them Sue and nobody should question you and other legit owners.. thing is our MP's, Lords and other's are well known for finding loop holes in anything that saves them a few bob.
Old 16-08-2012, 20:38   #203
God Member

Baroness Warsi

The Tory party says that the Lords Commissioner for Standards has dismissed the allegations, which involved payments to her friend and special adviser Naweed Khan, for nights she stayed at a property in Acton in West London.

The property's owner, GP and former Conservative donor Wafik Moustafa, denied receiving any income from either Lady Warsi or Mr Khan during the time of her stay in 2008. At the time, she was claiming Lords subsistence of £165.50 a night.

The Tory party have dismissed these "allegations" ..thief I say!

Last edited by Mancie; 16-08-2012 at 20:48.
Old 16-08-2012, 20:46   #204

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Baroness Warsi

The Tory party have dismissed these "allegations"
Quelle surprise
Old 16-08-2012, 23:06   #205
Resting In Peace

Quote:
I got a letter through the shop door to inform me that the council is now going to have selective licencing from 1st December 2012. I'm guessing the shop is one of the areas concerned, does that mean I have to check my landlord is licenced from that date ?

On a serious note, I hope this means the start of cleaning the town up and many of the problems moving to other towns where they don't have licencing
Quote:
They were sent to all residents and businesses for information, even if not likely to be included. As a landlord with one property I have been trying to keep up to speed with all this through its various incarnations. Let's hope they have got it right this time. Fortunately my house is not involved so I won't have to pay, probably wouldn't anyway as I rent to a relative and family member renting is exempt.
Quote:
Dave, having spent some of today ploughing through the bumpf about the scheme on the HBC website it seems that even if your shop were in one of the designated areas you would not be affected as the scheme does not apply to business premises.

I reproduce below one of the answers to a FAQ on the website - you will see it also covers the exemption for relatives and other categories.

Q: Do all properties need a licence?
Answer: All private rented properties within a designated Selective Licensing area are required to be licensed. The legislation exempts certain categories of property from being licensed, in the main these are Registered Social Landlord Properties, business premises, properties already licensed under other provisions, agricultural tenancies and tenancies granted to relatives. For a full list please refer to The Selective Licensing of Houses (Specific Exemptions)(England)

Last edited by Mick; 18-08-2012 at 04:08. Reason: no phone numbers
susie123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 19:56   #206
God Member

Quote:
Dave, having spent some of today ploughing through the bumpf about the scheme on the HBC website it seems that even if your shop were in one of the designated areas you would not be affected as the scheme does not apply to business premises.

I reproduce below one of the answers to a FAQ on the website - you will see it also covers the exemption for relatives and other categories.

Q: Do all properties need a licence?
Answer: All private rented properties within a designated Selective Licensing area are required to be licensed. The legislation exempts certain categories of property from being licensed, in the main these are Registered Social Landlord Properties, business premises, properties already licensed under other provisions, agricultural tenancies and tenancies granted to relatives. For a full list please refer to The Selective Licensing of Houses (Specific Exemptions)(England)
Sorry Susie, I was being mischevious, my landlord is the council

Last edited by Mick; 18-08-2012 at 04:08. Reason: no phone numbers
lancsdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2012, 20:01   #207
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Sorry Susie, I was being mischevious, my landlord is the council
Lol, go and sit on the naughty step for leading me on!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..