Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-11-2005, 22:52   #16
Give, give, give member

Re: Seriously ...Pre-Payment Funeral Plans.

Jimmi from other threads I know you've got offspring, so stop worrying.

For all those years of cooking, cleaning, mothering, let them worry about it- it's pay back time.

I also know you are younger than me, so by the time we get old, 'we're gonna live for ever'.

Cue music from Fame.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-11-2005, 23:04   #17
Resident Waffler

Wolstenholmes have some sort of plan too I think.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 01:06   #18

If you're asian you get flown back to pakistan(or wherever)straightaway.Once they are dead there is nothing more they can screw out of us so they might as well go home.
Old 20-11-2005, 10:12   #19
God Member

Let me see if I have got this right. You pay X number of pounds for a number of years to a company who will then bury you when the time comes.

A. Who is stupid enough to offer what is, in effect, an interest free loan? Surely that money would be of more use to family members if it was in a BS account acruing interest?

You pay money into a Funeral Insurance Plan, which will pay out to cover funeral expenses at death.

A. Another interest free loan.
B. There will be Administration Charges too, so you will never get out of it what you pay in.
C. It will probably take months to get the insurance company to pay out and in the meantime your grieving relatives will have to settle the bill with the Undertaker anyway.

Incidentaly, why does a 6ftx3ftx1ft lidded veneered chipboard box cost in excess of £1,000? The phrase "rip-off" occurs to me.
Old 20-11-2005, 10:21   #20
Give, give, give member

There really is a big gap in the market for cheap funerals. If people would be brave enough to talk about their funeral wishes to their families when they are still alive, these things could have be already sorted.

Very often relatives of a loved one are blackmailed into choosing an expensive casket, handles, cars etc., to show how much they 'cared' for their dearly departed by the salesperson..... I mean undertaker.

Not in our family. In fact if there was a strong enough recycled cardboard box we'd use that. You may as well just pour the money into the coffin. Money is only useful to the living, unless I'm mistaken and there is an afterlife, in which case I'll be skint, so do please throw me the odd copper down to Hell.

Last edited by garinda; 20-11-2005 at 10:30.
Old 20-11-2005, 10:25   #21
I am Banned

personaly if i was to be cremated i wouldnt even spend money on a coffin because i dont think for one minuite that they burn it woth you

my money says they take you out the coffin , throw a few pallets into the fire with you and resell the coffin to someone else

thats how i would do it anyway
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 11:14   #22
Senior Member+

Thanks for your answers. Id be happy with a cardboard box in the back of a rented transit van , a quick prayer at the cemetary, a few songs i had chosed and then into the big smokie !
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 11:33   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
That seems the most sensible answer to have life insurance that covers funeral costs.

No need for me to worry about funeral costs, my Uncle is a funeral director, I'll get a family discount
Well Tinks, I would not worry about it in your case anyway. Lets face it, being so little your box is not likely to cost much anyway!
Bad-Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 11:37   #24
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-Wolf
Well Tinks, I would not worry about it in your case anyway. Lets face it, being so little your box is not likely to cost much anyway!
She already has a shoe box ready I heard.

Old 20-11-2005, 17:35   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
She already has a shoe box ready I heard.
lol plenty of room for the family hamster as well then
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 17:40   #26
God Member

and the alledged parrot.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 17:55   #27
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I would assume that churches also make a charge for a funeral. I know they charge enough for weddings because it cost me well over £300 and that was 10 years ago. I wouldn't expect funerals to be any different.

I may just donate my body to medical science, well......what's left of it. I don't plan on being in good nick when I go, but I may be a good example of how not to live....

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 18:22   #28
Beacon of light

Lettie - Muti enquired about that option, and she was told that they didn't want any more bodies.....they have enough to be going on with.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 19:32   #29

My wedding cost £11. 0shillings and 3 pennies or £11.0.3d. RIP OFF EH.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2005, 19:44   #30
God Member

Mine was too much especially after the drinking session.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..