Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2008, 22:09   #1

Sexual Health Clinics in school

Yes, schools are going to have them.

Parents will be made aware of them, but not told if their child attends. Is this a good or bad idea ?

Sexual Health Clinics in school
Old 16-06-2008, 22:20   #2
God Member

Re: Sexual Health Clinics in school

Difficult one to answer especially after reading that report, one girl was found to be pregnant three times and offered the option of abortion(that has got to be a good thing in one still of school age). I find it frightening that kids are having sex so young but figures like that terrify me. It just seems to me that all the sex education in the world is not going to solve the problem of teenage pregnancy. Why is it so rife nowadays?? Are these kids looking for something to love?? Maybe they don't get any love at home but surely that can't be true for all the teenagers who fall pregnant!!!
Old 16-06-2008, 22:23   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

perhaps they should concentrate more on getting the kids in the schools first.
Old 16-06-2008, 22:26   #4

If one particular child is a frequent visitor to these clinics, I think they ought to be involving the parents somewhere along the line.

Kids will do what they have always done, cant stop them experimenting. I do think Clinics within school that are prepared to set up abortions, possibly without informing the parents, is a step too far.
Old 16-06-2008, 22:36   #5
God Member

[qoute] Bonnyboy Kids will do what they have always done, cant stop them experimenting. I do think Clinics within school that are prepared to set up abortions, possibly without informing the parents, is a step too far.[/quote] But would the parents knowing help in any way?? In this day and age you would think that parents could discuss sex and birth control openly with their kids. The lads should be held just as responsible IMHO
Old 16-06-2008, 22:39   #6
God Member

I think it is a good idea. Kids can go to sexual health clinics anyway so what difference does it make if its inside the school? At least they'll be getting the right information.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 22:49   #7
God Member

Have any of you seen the really life like dolls that some young girls desperate to have a baby are given? They are very much like a real baby in the sense that thay are programmed to cry at certain times as a real baby does. The young girl in charge of them has to work out why it is crying, does it need feeding, changing, winding?? They are supposed to simulate a real baby and in programmes I have seen seem to do the trick by putting the girls off the idea of having a "real baby"
Old 16-06-2008, 22:51   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
The lads should be held just as responsible IMHO
In the event of any sexual activity of course the lad shares the responsibility.

I'm just wondering if it is a concern that anyone on the forum might have if their daughter or son could be getting some serious medical treatment at school without their knowledge.
Old 16-06-2008, 22:57   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Have any of you seen the really life like dolls that some young girls desperate to have a baby are given? They are very much like a real baby in the sense that thay are programmed to cry at certain times as a real baby does. The young girl in charge of them has to work out why it is crying, does it need feeding, changing, winding?? They are supposed to simulate a real baby and in programmes I have seen seem to do the trick by putting the girls off the idea of having a "real baby"
Human females come with the “selective tears” programme pre-installed.

I’ve still not worked out that particular game yet
Old 16-06-2008, 22:57   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
In the event of any sexual activity of course the lad shares the responsibility.

I'm just wondering if it is a concern that anyone on the forum might have if their daughter or son could be getting some serious medical treatment at school without their knowledge.
They could just go to Brook in blackburn or the clinic in accy if they needed to and the parent isn't informed, so what difference will this make exactly?
Old 16-06-2008, 23:02   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
Human females come with the “selective tears” programme pre-installed.

I’ve still not worked out that particular game yet
Don't view it as a game myself view it as sad that things like this need to be invented to put kids off getting pregnant. In fact saw a young girl down town with one this morning thought she had a real baby in her arms.
Old 16-06-2008, 23:05   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
They could just go to Brook in blackburn or the clinic in accy if they needed to and the parent isn't informed, so what difference will this make exactly?
To be honest blazey, I didn’t know that was the case.

I still think the parent should be informed of the activities of their child, be it sexual or otherwise.
Old 16-06-2008, 23:07   #13
God Member

Those dolls are stupid. What if a girl realises she'd like a baby after looking after one? Could do just as much harm as good in my eyes.

More realistic to shove pictures of STD's in front of them or an AID's victim so they get the shock effect and use contraception or avoid sex completely.

Maybe we could encourage abstonance, make it cool!
Old 16-06-2008, 23:09   #14
God Member

I went to a health clinic when I was younger and they just encouraged me to tell my mum about it, but that was the end of it. I wasn't there for anything serious, but it would have been available to me if I had wanted it. I see loads of young girls in the waiting room of Brook when I go in, many in their school uniforms. Good on them for at least being responsible.
Old 16-06-2008, 23:11   #15
God Member

Abstinence T shirts - (saw some on the web) - it it is fine for me now but I don't think I could have coped with it a few years back
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abstinence350.jpg (25.3 KB, 7 views)

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..