Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-03-2008, 22:08   #46
Give, give, give member

Re: Shannon Matthews found alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
So ? People react differently to relief .. just their way of 3 weeks of adrenlin bursts .. can't all staple the stiff upper lip to our nostrils.
I don't think they were being snotty, they don't get much U.K. telly.

Most of the people who came out, to be filmed for the television companies, looked like they were having fun, cracking open the Pomagne, and burning the, now happily unwanted, missing posters.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-03-2008, 22:10   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
So ? People react differently to relief .. just their way of 3 weeks of adrenlin bursts .. can't all staple the stiff upper lip to our nostrils.
They were people??
Old 15-03-2008, 17:54   #48
God Member

I see that found her under a bed. I wonder if the cops had bothered to look in the wardrobe, they might have found little Maddie.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 18:04   #49
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I see that found her under a bed. I wonder if the cops had bothered to look in the wardrobe, they might have found little Maddie.
How come you replied to this thread?? I mean, it has nothing to do with Accrington or Hyndburn does it

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 18:17   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
How come you replied to this thread?? I mean, it has nothing to do with Accrington or Hyndburn does it
Errr.....there are enough nutters on the Accy web to suggest at least one of 'em is related to Shannon's family.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 18:23   #51
Senior Member+

Yep, cos we are all beer swilling ,child neglecting unemployable, inbred numpties on here, ah a slight flaw in the plan there, they would need a passport to get over the Lancs/Yorks border to mate with us !
Old 15-03-2008, 18:33   #52
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
Yep, cos we are all beer swilling ,child neglecting unemployable, inbred numpties on here, ah a slight flaw in the plan there, they would need a passport to get over the Lancs/Yorks border to mate with us !
It'd take more than a passport for me to breed with someone from yorkshire, so speak for yourself

It's nice that she was found, I assume that's why it is suspicious, because of the long time she was gone and not having been harmed, at least as far as anyone can see.

Maddie isn't going to be found, at least not alive. Nobody in their right mind could compare her case to this one. And if I'm just being pessimistic well so are most people including the authorities. I personally think that the state funded police should give up the search now and just let the McCanns carry on with their private detectives if they must.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2008, 19:47   #53
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post

Maddie isn't going to be found, at least not alive. Nobody in their right mind could compare her case to this one.
Here you go again. Do you know something the rest of society doesn't?

With each passing day, the chances become slimmer, but until she is found, no one knows what has happened to her.

It's not unknown that missing children occassionally turn up alive, even after many years.

Abducted girl found after 8 years - International Herald Tribune

Old 15-03-2008, 22:52   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Here you go again. Do you know something the rest of society doesn't?

With each passing day, the chances become slimmer, but until she is found, no one knows what has happened to her.

It's not unknown that missing children occassionally turn up alive, even after many years.

Abducted girl found after 8 years - International Herald Tribune

Very rarely though. They should've called off the search ages ago. They wouldn't be still searching if she'd gone missing in this country, not without good reason.

The chances that she is still alive are ridiculously slim.

Point is, it's nothing like this story and people are wrong to link it with this.
Old 15-03-2008, 23:52   #55
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Very rarely though.
Hence I said the chances are getting slimmer, though has been seen, not just in the quoted Austrian case, but many others cases in America, it does occasionally happen that a missing child is found alive..

Personally I prefer to deal in facts.

I, or the rest of the world, doesn't know what has happened to Madeline McCann, and neither do you. Fact.

For you to post that 'Madeline McCann isn't going to be found, at least not alive', is a statement that is both crass, as well as wrong, because you don't know. Fact.

Old 16-03-2008, 00:07   #56
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Hence I said the chances are getting slimmer, though has been seen, not just in the quoted Austrian case, but many others cases in America, it does occasionally happen that a missing child is found alive..

Personally I prefer to deal in facts.

I, or the rest of the world, doesn't know what has happened to Madeline McCann, and neither do you. Fact.

For you to post that 'Madeline McCann isn't going to be found, at least not alive', is a statement that is both crass, as well as wrong, because you don't know. Fact.
Well I don't always deal with fact of course, I could never say I did completely otherwise I would be a liar. I don't care if you don't like my pessimistic view or not anyway.
Old 16-03-2008, 00:31   #57
God Member

Well Thankfully shannon has been found alive and thankgod she is now in safe hands .
One thing i will agree with blazey is that imo there is more to that family than meets the eye, after all it was the stepfathers uncle who took her . but reports also state that shannon was seen earlier that day hanging around that flat which may suggest she wasnt dragged there but went freely.
There are alot of questions to be answered yet and i personally dont think that child should be sent home until there is an investigation into the family background or at least one of the stepfather.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 09:12   #58
God Member

well me n Kev where talking about this last night, and he said there is something strange going on because they havent even let the child home yet, makes you wonder doesnt it
Old 16-03-2008, 09:25   #59
Resting in Peace

I think I'll give up on answering blazey, then maybe she'll fad away gracefully, on second thoughts I'll just carry on giving her pain hoping she'll get the message
Old 16-03-2008, 09:36   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I think I'll give up on answering blazey, then maybe she'll fad away gracefully, on second thoughts I'll just carry on giving her pain hoping she'll get the message

no sense no feeling n all that jay

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..