Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-03-2008, 14:54   #61
God Member

Re: Shannon Matthews found alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
well me n Kev where talking about this last night, and he said there is something strange going on because they havent even let the child home yet, makes you wonder doesnt it
Its bloody obvious something was going on. I suspect that when more facts emerge you will find that this kid ran away from home (as was initially reported) because of abuse and neglect.

She went to the only person who she felt she could trust - the least bad of a rotten family bunch - who sheltered her and then either panicked when the missing alert was sounded or just as likely, agreed to let her stay because she did not want to return home. It is interesting that when the cops did find her there was no evidence of her being bound nor has there been any reported suggestion of assault. No charges yet been made and the kid's mother has had only limited access to her. All very dodgy, don't you think?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-03-2008, 15:25   #62
Passed away 25-11-09

Any comment of mine, in this case, can't bear a lot of weight because, just like everyone else, I don't know all the facts. One thing niggles in my mind, though. The child disappeared on the way home from school, in school uniform, but she was wearing totally different clothes when found. Also neighbours are reported to have said they heard a child laughing in the flat.

Now for my own bit of mindless, possibly irrational prejudice. I never liked the look of the mother and I wouldn't trust her as far as I could throw her.
Old 16-03-2008, 22:49   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Very rarely though. They should've called off the search ages ago. They wouldn't be still searching if she'd gone missing in this country, not without good reason.

The chances that she is still alive are ridiculously slim.

Point is, it's nothing like this story and people are wrong to link it with this.
I know it's hypothetical, but bear with me, Blazey, if it was your kid,would have "called the search off ages ago " ?
Old 16-03-2008, 23:42   #64
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod View Post
I know it's hypothetical, but bear with me, Blazey, if it was your kid,would have "called the search off ages ago " ?
Or put it this way.

If Blazey was missing, should we call the search off?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 23:49   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Or put it this way.

If Blazey was missing, should we call the search off?
Nah, who would we Rib in the chat room?? don't take all our fun away Rindy

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 23:50   #66
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky View Post
Nah, who would we Rib in the chat room??
The other bot?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2008, 23:51   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The other bot?
LMFAO..................................... i#llOk you got that one

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 00:41   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Its bloody obvious something was going on. I suspect that when more facts emerge you will find that this kid ran away from home (as was initially reported) because of abuse and neglect.

She went to the only person who she felt she could trust - the least bad of a rotten family bunch - who sheltered her and then either panicked when the missing alert was sounded or just as likely, agreed to let her stay because she did not want to return home. It is interesting that when the cops did find her there was no evidence of her being bound nor has there been any reported suggestion of assault. No charges yet been made and the kid's mother has had only limited access to her. All very dodgy, don't you think?

Hate to agree with you tealeaf but my thought exactly
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 01:29   #69
God Member

If it was my child it wouldn't have been left in a hotel room by itself.

Also, if a foreign child went missing in this country, and many do, we wouldn't even make the effort to find it, it'd just get its name an a quick description shoved on the missing persons database like all the others.

Obviously I personally as a parent wouldn't want the search to just be called off, but in the eyes of the police the search for Madeleine has been going on far too long. They should just accept that.

Maybe if they didn't spend so long focusing on one child they might find others. So many people whinge about equality but where is the equality in that?
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2008, 08:24   #70
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post

totally agree with you there Tealeaf, was on GMTV this morning that the mother has only seen her child through a glass window
Old 17-03-2008, 08:29   #71
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

well if summat is going on, im sure they will get to the bottom of it
my other half seems to think the 'step dad' has summat to do with it!
now he does look like dodgy............
Old 17-03-2008, 09:04   #72
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
well if summat is going on, im sure they will get to the bottom of it
my other half seems to think the 'step dad' has summat to do with it!
now he does look like dodgy............
I agree panther, it has been sugested in the press this morning that the guy arrested has said that all the family knew where Shannon was and they got the idea for her to go missing when they saw how much money people donated when little Maddie went missing. If there is any truth in this it takes some real sick people to pull this stunt off.
Old 17-03-2008, 09:05   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I agree panther, it has been sugested in the press this morning that the guy arrested has said that all the family knew where Shannon was and they got the idea for her to go missing when they saw how much money people donated when little Maddie went missing. If there is any truth in this it takes some real sick people to pull this stunt off.

OH MY GOD!!!

i hope that isnt the case, sick ********
Old 17-03-2008, 09:30   #74
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

nobody are that sick.....are they?
Old 17-03-2008, 09:35   #75
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by panther View Post
nobody are that sick.....are they?

aparently they are

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..