Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-11-2008, 17:56   #106

Re: Shannon Matthews found alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I see the trial of Karen Matthews and Michael Donovan began this week.

Both defendants have accepted that they knew where Shannon was and that she was not missing.

They say that Shannon was drugged and tied to a roof beam by Donovan in a kidnap plot he had hatched with Karen Matthews. They were going to release her in Dewsbury market once the reward money had reached £50,000. Donovan would 'find' her and they would share the money.

How could they think so little of their child?

People like that are an another species to me.
How could they think so little of their own child?

Cos they are clearly not ' a full shilling' as my granny would have said.

The sad thing is they are so incapable of defining fact from fiction they follow the plot of a film they have seen

Very, very sad
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-11-2008, 19:56   #107
Passed away 25-11-09

These creatures are of low intelligence but they knew exactly what they were doing. It was all down to greed and the chance to get something for nothing and, if a child was needed to achieve that, then they would - and did - exploit a child. Unfortunately there are a lot of mothers around like Karen Matthews, no doubt dragged up themselves and continuing the tradition, who think having children around is OK until they become a nuisance or a liability.

The sad thing is that Shannon will, most likely, be just like her mother in 10 years time. She may be fostered until she grows up but the damage has already been done.
Old 13-11-2008, 23:59   #108
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
The sad thing is that Shannon will, most likely, be just like her mother in 10 years time. She may be fostered until she grows up but the damage has already been done.
I hope that she recieves the love and stability that will mean otherwise.

It's not written in stone how we'll turn out.

I know people who had appalling childhoods, who've grown up to be decent members of society, and also people who had secure and loving homes, who've turned out to be complete waste of spaces.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 00:05   #109
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
I hope that she recieves the love and stability that will mean otherwise.

It's not written in stone how we'll turn out.

I know people who had appalling childhoods, who've grown up to be decent members of society, and also people who had secure and loving homes, who've turned out to be complete waste of spaces.
i can certainly agree with that, know quite a few meself, its terrible what the child went through, but some kids can be very resiliant, lets hope Shannon is one of em.
Old 14-11-2008, 09:17   #110

the policeman said in court shannons mother was more interested in the ring tone on his phone rather the were abouts of her daughter,just blows my mind the lack of love these sort have for there own flesh and blood
stevie96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 09:33   #111
Senior Member+

Its appalling.Very scary what people will do for money

Christmas isn't a season. It's a feeling,Edna Ferber.

check out our wedding pictures taken by the lovely gareth at studio25....
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...6&id=619840253
mrskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 09:48   #112
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskitty View Post
Its appalling.Very scary what people will do for money
Unfortunately MK we live in a society were people want all the good things in life whilst putting in the least effort to obtain it, thats why we hear of so many scams today.
Old 14-11-2008, 09:48   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie96 View Post
the policeman said in court shannons mother was more interested in the ring tone on his phone rather the were abouts of her daughter,just blows my mind the lack of love these sort have for there own flesh and blood
Yes I saw this on the news last night and was absolutely disgusted, hopefully justice will be done
vicky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 09:53   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie96 View Post
But she knew the whereabouts of her daughter. She knew Shannon was safe and well (albeit a little sleepy).

If the general public can watch what was going on from news snippets and say "There's something a bit weird about this" then the police, who don't tell everything about their investigations, would certainly have taken note. It's behaviour like that from her mother that might have sent them down the "This child isn't loved: She may have run away" route.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2008, 10:00   #115
God Member

I wonder if the victim of this dastardly crime will testify in court? It should be interesting to read what she has to say.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2008, 18:24   #116

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I wonder if the victim of this dastardly crime will testify in court? It should be interesting to read what she has to say.
Personally I do hp[e that the child - and that is all she is - is not put through the ordeal of standing in court and giving evidence against her family.

With a lot of luck she will get good foster parents and this tragic event will be the making of her. In reality.....................................
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2008, 09:59   #117
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
Personally I do hp[e that the child - and that is all she is - is not put through the ordeal of standing in court and giving evidence against her family.

With a lot of luck she will get good foster parents and this tragic event will be the making of her. In reality.....................................
If she has to give evidence it will probable be through a video link polly
Old 04-12-2008, 13:28   #118
God Member

Karen Matthews And Michael Donovan Guilty Of Kidnapping Shannon Matthews in Dewsbury Moor | UK News | Sky News

Karen Matthews and Michael Donovan have been found guilty of kidnap, false imprisonment and perverting the course of justice.

The hunt for Shannon cost the public 3.2 million pounds.

They will be sentenced later.
Old 04-12-2008, 13:35   #119
Resting in Peace

This I am afraid will be another case, where they will only get a few years in prison ( if that)
and when they come out, we the public will have to pay for them to have a new identity and new life: watch this space.
magpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 13:37   #120
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie View Post
This I am afraid will be another case, where they will only get a few years in prison ( if that)
and when they come out, we the public will have to pay for them to have a new identity and new life: watch this space.
I wouldn't have thought they'd be given new identities but we shall see.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..