Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2008, 13:18   #31
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Sheer Bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
Oh the joy and the bliss? Are you taking the p***?
Footer morning and night may be just your delight
But for some of us it's nothing short of the pits.
Still it isn't for long and I feel I'd be wrong
To deny you your pleasure in such a small measure.
I'm not a great fan of soap op'ras, I can
Either take 'em or leave 'em. Well, who could believe 'em?
And Wimbledon's really not my choice. Ideally
I rather watch drama or p'rhaps Panorama.
But if footie sport is, for you, the right sort
Of telly to view then I'll leave it to you.
Go ahead and feel free, take no notice of me.
Watch the football, my boy, settle down and enjoy!

A poem written especially for moi?

How nice.

Thank you!
Old 04-06-2008, 13:32   #32
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Sheer Bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Have to agree Roy especially if you support the Gooners. This day and age there is that many TV channels no one needs to bother about footy being on for say 2 hours on ITV and 2 hours on BBC a day for a couple of weeks and one game starts at 5pm anyway when the ladies sould be in the kitchen making the tea anyway
Actually it isn’t even wall-to-wall football seeing as there are just two matches per day for the first two weeks.

I’m a fan of football first and foremost with heavy leanings towards Manchester United, and an interest in the Rovers and the Stanley. Meaning that if the opportunity arises to watch national teams in action I revel in it even if England or any of the home countries are not in action.

I will not be supporting any one particular country except any opponents of France.

Are you tired of living?
Old 04-06-2008, 18:01   #33
God Member

Re: Sheer Bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Just as a matter of interest, how are the Rounders and Netball finals going, on your side of the water?
Well the netball finals don't start until tomorrow ... and as everyone knows, or should know, the rounders finals are months away. Right now it is hockey, the best thing on ice other than Canadian rye whiskey.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 19:45   #34
Passed away 25-11-09

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
A poem written especially for moi?

How nice.

Thank you!

You're welcome.
Old 04-06-2008, 19:55   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Actually it isn’t even wall-to-wall football seeing as there are just two matches per day for the first two weeks.

I will not be supporting any one particular country except any opponents of France.
i will be supporting spain,plus any opponents of france. i have n intense dislike of the frogs, call me a racist again cyfr.
Old 04-06-2008, 19:57   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i will be supporting spain,plus any opponents of france. i have n intense dislike of the frogs, call me a racist again cyfr.
And me ... any opponent of Italy ... can't stand wops
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2008, 20:47   #37
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: Sheer Bliss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
A kindred spirit on this issue!

Any culture that eats frogs legs and snails has to be suspect.

Apart from that it was Charles de Gaul (he with the huge conk) who kept us out of Europe with his constant Non when we could have influenced the way the EU developed had we been able to join in the very early days. There’s gratitude for you after we twice dragged the French out from under the German jackboot.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..