Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2013, 09:33   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: shipbuilding in the uk

Or trade union leader's who are only interested in bringing this country to its knees according to the TWGU.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:43   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Or trade union leader's who are only interested in bringing this country to its knees according to the TWGU.
Politicians are better at it.
Eric and Alan Varrechia like this.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 12:07   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
are you totally politically inept ? do you know the reasons ? they are going on strike because in the tories scummy way of thinking they think its alright to throw people who put their own lifes on the line on the scrap heap. firemen have a 60% more risk of catching cancer ,breathing diseases etc .the tories are trying to steal their pensions, privatize the fire service put the public in danger by closing fire stations. most firemen are going to lose their pensions now because if they dont work on till they are 66 they wont get their pension. you are totally out of your depth jaysay you havent got a clue what this scummy tory party are doing.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:29   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Politicians are better at it.
Who rattled your cage
Old 11-11-2013, 09:35   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
are you totally politically inept ? do you know the reasons ? they are going on strike because in the tories scummy way of thinking they think its alright to throw people who put their own lifes on the line on the scrap heap. firemen have a 60% more risk of catching cancer ,breathing diseases etc .the tories are trying to steal their pensions, privatize the fire service put the public in danger by closing fire stations. most firemen are going to lose their pensions now because if they dont work on till they are 66 they wont get their pension. you are totally out of your depth jaysay you havent got a clue what this scummy tory party are doing.
Its you who are totally out of your depth, or do you not listen to anything union leaders say they take their members for a real ride, example where would a thick numpty like Bob Crow earn £150,000 a year plus in the real world, the second thicky to appear on "Have I got news for you" behind a tub of lard
Old 11-11-2013, 20:26   #21
God Member

im not talking about bob crowe im talking about the firemen who are being stitched up. I would like a fireman who was fit enough to try and save a life, I would like the firemen who have gave up their health, risked their life to have a decent standard of living after they have been pensioned off ,lost limbs ,caught cancer . I would like the husbands,, wives sons and daughters who have lost a parent because they gave their life for somebodies else to be looked after in a decent way. the tories don't.... I hear they say there is no money as ive said right from the beginning we don't owe any more than we usually do its ideology driven. Video: Former wren hands Sir Nick Harvey expenses envelope at Remembrance Parade - News - North Devon Gazette
Old 12-11-2013, 18:56   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
im not talking about bob crowe im talking about the firemen who are being stitched up. I would like a fireman who was fit enough to try and save a life, I would like the firemen who have gave up their health, risked their life to have a decent standard of living after they have been pensioned off ,lost limbs ,caught cancer . I would like the husbands,, wives sons and daughters who have lost a parent because they gave their life for somebodies else to be looked after in a decent way. the tories don't.... I hear they say there is no money as ive said right from the beginning we don't owe any more than we usually do its ideology driven. Video: Former wren hands Sir Nick Harvey expenses envelope at Remembrance Parade - News - North Devon Gazette
Your the biggest bigot that comes on here, labour couldn't run a pee up at a brewery as they prove every time they leave, no every time they are kicked out of office with the economy on its knees, when they were running this country into the dirt you never said one word against them, you only ever bothered about a dog stabber
Old 12-11-2013, 21:52   #23
God Member

your nuts this has nothing to do with bo crow this is about public and fire men and womens safety. the economy on its knees ha ha 1997 nearly 3 million unemployed probably more as they put everybody on the sick. 2009 unemployment coming down 2012 back up to 3 million and class 16 hours a week fulltime employment your mental
Old 13-11-2013, 18:47   #24
Resting in Peace

Quote:
your nuts this has nothing to do with bo crow this is about public and fire men and womens safety. the economy on its knees ha ha 1997 nearly 3 million unemployed probably more as they put everybody on the sick. 2009 unemployment coming down 2012 back up to 3 million and class 16 hours a week fulltime employment your mental
Unemployment is again falling and the economy is growing faster than most European economies, and that is according to the Bank of England, not the Beano and Dandy where your information usually comes from
Old 13-11-2013, 18:59   #25
Resting in Peace

error
Old 13-11-2013, 19:04   #26
God Member

showing you are truly nuts lol the uk has always had a stronger economy than most of europe. why havent they raised interest rates if the uk improved as they are implying. unemployment down ha ha they class people on the work programmes as employed they class full time work 16 hours a week. 10 600 people died after they were told they were fit for work . hopefully you dont need to got atos and found fit for work they dont even pay corporation tax and have took billions of taxpayers cash. how come they dont do seasonally adjusted figures anymore as thousand are took on for christmas as was historically part time work that is now classed as fulltime . ha ha
Eric and pallyman like this.
Old 13-11-2013, 19:26   #27

If you are on workfarce then you are still getting unemployment benifit, you havn't got a job but your classed as working, thats fiddling the figures not getting people into work.
Eric likes this.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-11-2013, 19:51   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
showing you are truly nuts lol the uk has always had a stronger economy than most of europe. why havent they raised interest rates if the uk improved as they are implying. unemployment down ha ha they class people on the work programmes as employed they class full time work 16 hours a week. 10 600 people died after they were told they were fit for work . hopefully you dont need to got atos and found fit for work they dont even pay corporation tax and have took billions of taxpayers cash. how come they dont do seasonally adjusted figures anymore as thousand are took on for christmas as was historically part time work that is now classed as fulltime . ha ha
Maybe if Blair and Brown hadn't opened the floodgates and let a hoards from Poland ect. into the country when they joined the EU things may have been a lot better on the jobs front, one aspect that they have apologizing for doing only today, no doubt we'll be getting more and more apologies about the tin pot way they tried and failed to run this country
Old 14-11-2013, 07:55   #29
God Member

an answer from a firefighter i despair firefighters having to defend themselves from the tory numpties to be polite and right wing press sorry for cut and paste but the truth has to be told as the tories are in full propaganda mode and trying to hide the truth...
Dear Daily Mail/ Express/ Star reader,

I have read with interest some of your views regarding the current dispute between the Fire Brigade Union and the Government. I just thought I would correct a few misconceptions about the dispute and the role of a modern day firefighter. (I know you like to call us firemen but since I joined in 1986 the official term has been firefighter which more accurately reflects the diverse workforce we now have and recognises the many great women firefighters we now have in the job)

Where to start? How about the lefty loonies running the FBU?

Contrary to popular belief, Matt Wrack and the executive council are not out to spread communism throughout the world, neither do they sacrifice puppies at union meetings. (I believe it's Bob Crow and the RMT who do this!)
They are the legally elected leaders of a totally legal and upfront trade union who are simply following their members wishes and trying to protect the members terms and conditions. Come to think of it, they were elected by the people they are representing unlike this government who would not be in power without the need to form a coalition with the lib dems.

How about this old chestnut? Firemen shouldn't be allowed to strike!

Well despite what you think, I don't know one firefighter who really likes to be on strike. We have gone through a legal process and now feel that the only alternative we have is to withdraw our labour.
There is nothing illegal about this, we live in a democracy. Get over it!

Policemen aren't allowed to strike!

No they are not and look how royally shafted they have been.

You all complain about the police under performing but they do their best, despite having budgets slashed, paperwork increased and the constant interference from politicians. Perhaps if police officers were allowed to protest about what the government is doing to what was once regarded as the best police force in the world, then you would get a police officer when you needed them.

The Army aren't allowed to strike!
No they are not.

They are a military organisation, the fire service is a civilian organisation.
The army also have a tradition where senior officers will try to treat soldiers fairly and with the welfare of their troops being paramount.
Unfortunately governments also used to treat the military with respect but this does not appear to be the case anymore.

Firemen all have second jobs!

Correction, some firefighters do take on extra work to make ends meet. They are allowed to. You are allowed to do this as well if you get off your bum and work bloody hard.
There are limitations on what they can and what they cannot do.
Any part time work should not interfere with their performance as a firefighter and there are rules which means that anyone who infringes this is disciplined.

Good job no politician, business man, banker or sportsman has a second job eh?! Only the greedy firemen.

They are complaining that they have to work till 60!

Well actually, that's not quite true.
The increased working age was agreed several years ago. What they are rightly worried about is the chance that as they get older they may not be fit enough to stay operational and will be sacked.
They will try and keep fit but old age gets to us all. New fitness targets have been set at a ludicrously high level for a 55 year old.

If they can't be firefighters let them do another job in the fire service!
Great idea, think about all that experience which could be used to train people, to give advice, to make people safer!

Oh dear, sorry, that ain't going to happen.
There are NO other jobs anymore.
In London training has been privatised, fire safety teams have been decimated and jobs are being lost in headquarters all the time because of austerity measures.
No other jobs! Nil, nada, zilch, zero!

But the government say they don't think anyone is going to be left with no job, no pension? Correct, but the people who are supposed to give these elderly firefighters jobs, the fire authorities, say that they can not guarantee that and the chances are that people will be stuck on the scrap heap at 55 when they are sacked.

Firemen are Given a great pension!
Firefighters contribute to their pension scheme from the moment they join.
They are not just given it for nothing.
When I joined in 1986, it was compulsory that I joined and since then I had to pay 11% of my salary into the pension fund.
I now have to pay over 12% and this may be going up to 15% within the next couple of years. I pay nearly £500 per month into the fund. I signed a contract which guaranteed me a set amount when I retired. I stuck to my side of the bargain, unfortunately the government haven't stuck to their side of the deal.
If I had known that the government was going to do this perhaps I could have invested my money in something else?

Firefighting is not dangerous any more!
Yes it is.
Entering a compartment where temperatures at ceiling level are over 900 degrees is dangerous. Add in collapsing structures, cylinders, hazardous materials and a multitude of other dangers, then you may realise that firefighting can be very risky. Firefighters, have, do and will continue to be seriously injured or killed whilst firefighting.

Firemen spend all day long playing snooker and darts!

Correct, absolutely true in the 1970's.
However nowadays a firefighters daily routine has changed beyond recognition to what it used to be.
I can only speak about London where a modern firefighters duties are closely monitored by various electronic systems.
Pop into a station and ask to see an individual training record or the station diary.
All these systems can be remotely monitored so any watch manager running a watch will soon be hauled over the coals if they are not meeting targets or their firefighters are not doing anything.

There are less fires nowadays so we don't need as many firemen.

Well that's great news, less fires should be something to be applauded.
The sad fact is that there are always going to be fires and when they start they have the potential to grow large very quickly.
If you want to have any chance of saving lives and minimising damage to property you need the brigade to arrive very quickly.

There are hundreds of people who want to join the fire brigade, sack the lot of the militant firemen and replace them with cheaper people who aren't going to go on strike all the time!

Yes you could do this but just because people want to join it doesn't mean that everyone is able to do it.

You may not believe it but sitting in fire station near you as you read this is a team of highly skilled, committed, dedicated and talented people who are ready to risk their lives for you at the drop of a hat.

These are just a few of the usual comments firefighters have to read in your lovely newspapers so I hope I have made you think just a little bit deeper past the spin and lies.
Thank you for taking the time to read this, sorry to have disturbed you, you can now get back to hating foreigners, benefit scroungers and homosexualists!

Yours respectfully

A London firefighter
7 hours ago

Beci Newton I would add that despite fire numbers dropping...firefighters now attend more RTCs, technical rescues, flooding, animal rescue etc etc etc.
Old 14-11-2013, 18:37   #30
Resting in Peace

Do you have to be a prat all your life, why take up web space with crap you know nobody will read, divvy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..