Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-11-2013, 17:52   #31
God Member

Re: shipbuilding in the uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay
Do you have to be a prat all your life, why take up web space with crap you know nobody will read, divvy
I bet you read it.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-11-2013, 18:05   #32

I read it.
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 18:46   #33
God Member

When discussing unions, don't forget to consider why unions came into being, and why they are still necessary, as are health and safety regulations (unfortunately carried to ridiculous extremes by politically correct governments). If the leaders of big companies, tories to a man (or woman) were not such mean-spirited, hard-hearted, grasping, greedy sonsabitches just as unwilling to pay taxes as they are to pay a decent, living wage, unions would not have to be so active. Of course, many companies move their production overseas ... Bangladesh comes to mind; pity those poor sods who work in the fire traps for $40.00 a month ... further hurting the British (and American, and Canadian) economy. And they blame the unions for something they would have done anyway in order to fill out their already bloated bank accounts.

By the way, Canada's new naval shipbuilding programme is very costly. But the ships will be built in Canadian yards. Local and Provincial economies will benefit. Well-paid workers will pay Federal and Provincial tax on what they earn. They will spend most of what they earn in Canada. So, what seems like an expensive proposition is actually a boost to the economy.

CBC News - Interactive: Shipbuilding

By the way Jaysay ... what are these Polish "hoards" you are talking about Are the Poles bringing massive amounts of their money into the country? If so, they should be welcomed with open arms.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 18:46   #34
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
I bet you read it.
Tick tock the clocks ticking

Last edited by jaysay; 14-11-2013 at 18:49.
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 18:47   #35
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I read it.
another knuckle head
Old 14-11-2013, 19:07   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
another knuckle head
Doesn't this belong in the Motor Sports section ... along with flat head, pan head and shovel head?
Alan Varrechia likes this.
Old 14-11-2013, 21:13   #37
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
By the way Jaysay ... what are these Polish "hoards" you are talking about Are the Poles bringing massive amounts of their money into the country? If so, they should be welcomed with open arms.
In today's Gruanidad Eric

Jack Straw, migrants from eastern Europe have done a lot for Britain | UK news | The Guardian
Eric likes this.
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 21:55   #38
God Member

Quote:
I read it.
Alan ... is this really you?

Old 14-11-2013, 22:18   #39

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!

And this is what is wrong with this politics of this country.

C'mon is right..the firefighters are being stitched up, who in their right mind expects a bloke of 50+ to be able to scale a ladder, put out a fire and chuck a 14 stone woman over his shoulder on the descent? Oh wait..Cameron does!!! He hasn't got the dodgy knee or the iffy back that the rest of us 50+ know comes with age!!

Whats the response from our tory diehards?....13 years of labour rule and they screwed up!....well hey ho...yes they did! and now Cameron is screwing up even more, can't you dyed in the wool tories see that?

Then we have the Guarniad byline from none other than the straw man himself, the labour politician who doesn't even know the definition of labour, the Blairite lickspittle who did everything in his power to..do absolutely nothing throughout his tenure except keep his head down! Banging on about the East Europeans doing 'a lot' for Britain....%
cmonstanley likes this.

Last edited by Guinness; 14-11-2013 at 22:26.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 22:37   #40
God Member

i despair how can anybody defend this stitch up this is a damming state of affairs of british politics. people who condone this stitch up are no more better than the so called politicians who thought of this . the upper classes who are laughing their heads off. only yesterday david cameron done a speech in his own tops and tails telling people there is no money when taxpayers paid for him and his mates to have banquet . lets hope nobody has to rely on a 58 year old firefighter trying his best but its not good enough.
Old 14-11-2013, 22:41   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtheP47 View Post
when all else fail lets bring in the immigrants so predictable its laughable how about a debate why the tories hate what was good about britain. ie royal mail integrated transport system british telecom the utilities the fire brigade the police etc they really are the enemy from within.
Old 14-11-2013, 22:55   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
Alan ... is this really you?

Not me Eric. Not Into American Iron, to agricultural for me!!
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2013, 23:07   #43

[QUOTE=Guinness;1083875]And this is what is wrong with this politics of this country.

C'mon is right..the firefighters are being stitched up, who in their right mind expects a bloke of 50+ to be able to scale a ladder, put out a fire and chuck a 14 stone woman over his shoulder on the descent? Oh wait..Cameron does!!! He hasn't got the dodgy knee or the iffy back that the rest of us 50+ know comes with age!!

Whats the response from our tory diehards?....13 years of labour rule and they screwed up!....well hey ho...yes they did! and now Cameron is screwing up even more, can't you dyed in the wool tories see that?

Then we have the Guarniad byline from none other than the straw man himself, the labour politician who doesn't even know the definition of labour, the Blairite lickspittle who did everything in his power to..do absolutely nothing throughout his tenure except keep his head down! Banging on about the East Europeans doing %2

Last edited by Guinness; 14-11-2013 at 23:12.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2013, 00:11   #44
God Member

Quote:
Not me Eric. Not Into American Iron, to agricultural for me!!
Agricultural!!!!!!!!! What's an old fart like me supposed to ride ... a Hayabusa Still, I do prefer the pan to the knuckle ... sexier.

To get more or less back on topic, if you read the mag, "American Iron" you will see ads for lots of stuff Made in America, they are really pushing it ... and I think we can apply that drive to buy national to the shipbuilding industry. The cost of the finished product is not all that important. What should be taken into account is how does one best help domestic industry and the national economy ... by buying Korean, or by building the ships in Britain (probably at a higher final cost) and creating jobs for British workers. These workers will pay tax, buy homes, buy cars etc., etc. It's simple economics ... and common sense.
Old 15-11-2013, 00:46   #45

OK something is seriously wrong here! I've posted twice now and the content has been altered without explanation...it makes my posts look stupid and screws with the thread...i know my second post was accepted because I adjusted the spelling, stop screwing around if you dont want me to post just ban me...
cmonstanley and Eric like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..