Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree24Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-11-2013, 12:52   #61
God Member

Re: shipbuilding in the uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
our ed will be in power in 2015
Here we go again. This brings to mind a parliamentary debate ... September 2, 1939; and I trust that there are those of us who know what was going on around that time. When, in the absence of Clement Atlee, Arthur Greenwood got on his hind legs and announced that he was speaking for Labour, Leo Amery yelled across the floor of the House of Commons: "Speak for England." Unfortunately, none of the mainstream leaders over there seem to be doing this,especially when it comes to the EU. (I read that even Europe's economic power house, the Fourth Reich, is posting very disappointing numbers for economic growth.)

Altho' I'm not all that well-read about UKIP, it does seem as if Nigel Farage is the only one speaking out for the UK. And, come to think of it, John Major. Sad, when the voices speaking out come from the fringe, and from out of retirement. Appears to me that democracy is going thru a crisis, and not only over there. Too much ideology ... not enough common sense. Too much plowing ahead with questionable policies .... not enough listening to what the people want. Democracy has become little more than a sacred bovine ... and all that comes out of the world's parliaments is bovine feces.
Boeing Guy likes this.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-11-2013, 15:30   #62
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
there is no more warships being built due to the tory cuts no british company probably didnt get to know about the order till the tories stitched it up for their mates
Does that include the aircraft carrier being built at the moment?

Or what about the 20 planned Type 26 vessels that are planned to be built in the UK - read about it here, you will like it as it talks about Scotland and independance BBC News - Row over UK warships work on Clyde post-referendum

This link mentions future ships planned to be built http://www.navalshipbuilding.co.uk/n...me.asp?ID=HOM7
jaysay, Boeing Guy, Eric and 1 others like this.

Last edited by Neil; 26-11-2013 at 15:34.
Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2013, 16:03   #63
Senior Member+

With a great deal of luck the Scots will trust their First Minister and vote for independence - then we will see the building of ships for the Royal Navy in English shipyards, plus lots of other benefits when we get rid of the sponging Scots.
jaysay and Boeing Guy like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..