Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2009, 06:58   #16
God Member

Re: Shooters Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
What a patronising statement, so you think there will be no other parts of the borough where guns will be found? There are good and bad people living all over Hyndburn, maybe you will be shocked to find they even reside near you!!!

well said Bernie

Neil your getting rather ignorant, wasnt it your 'town' that had a gun shop in it not long ago....the gun shop that MAYBE supplied these guns to people in Church....but then again i might have known it would be Ossy....

Last edited by flashy; 20-05-2009 at 07:01.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2009, 08:46   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I agree ... and in Canada, if one uses a water pistol, for example, when robbing a place, then the crime is armed robbery; and the perp faces the same sentence as if he had used a glock. One of you guys should check it out and see if it is the same as over there.
Just heard a clip on the radio yesterday; someone in the U.S. had tried to hold up a store using a banana under his coat ... LOL, however, the sales assistant wasn't supposed to know that were they. Didn't even get chance to eat it before he was apprehended ... lucky he wasn't shot himself.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:11   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I agree ... and in Canada, if one uses a water pistol, for example, when robbing a place, then the crime is armed robbery; and the perp faces the same sentence as if he had used a glock. One of you guys should check it out and see if it is the same as over there.
The same rules apply over here as well,If it looks like a gun then it is.
A butt and a barrel is classed as a gun whatever it is made of,or what it's original use was intended for.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 09:38   #19
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
well said Bernie

Neil your getting rather ignorant, wasnt it your 'town' that had a gun shop in it not long ago....the gun shop that MAYBE supplied these guns to people in Church....but then again i might have known it would be Ossy....
You leave Ossy alone, or I'll get you at playtime
Old 20-05-2009, 14:51   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I expect nothing less in Church
Posted via Mobile Device
This flippant remark is just the sort of thing we have come to expect from the people of Ossy. Nevertheless, this is a serious development. While in the past there have been numerous instances of waccy-baccy factories being found in the borough and of small scale drug dealers being nicked, this is the first time guns have been found.

The formula as used by police is Drugs + Guns x Gangs = Turf Wars. That is what goes on in parts of Merseyside, south Manchester and bits of inner London. So far in North East Lancs we have been spared the sight of children being gunned down as they cycle home and of no-go areas where people will not venture, but I think we may not now be far away.

Anyway, if I'm approached with an offer to buy some white substance, I shall direct the seller to head south, through Church traffic lights, where he will no doubt get a friendly reception.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 17:24   #21
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
What a patronising statement, so you think there will be no other parts of the borough where guns will be found?
I don't like Church, most of the areas of Church I have been too are grotty and most of the people I have met from Church are unpleasant. If course there are always exceptions to that statement.

Quote:
wasnt it your 'town' that had a gun shop in it not long ago....the gun shop that MAYBE supplied these guns to people in Church....but then again i might have known it would be Ossy....
It was a shop that sold airguns which happen to be perfectly legal to own and use. I would not have a problem if there was a shop in Ossy that sold firearms as I don't have a problem with guns. I don't think the Government should ever have banned hand guns either. There is nothing wrong with guns just as there is nothing wrong with knives. It is how you use them that causes problems.
Old 20-05-2009, 17:25   #22
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
This flippant remark is just the sort of thing we have come to expect from the people of Ossy.
I do humbly apologise, I thought that digs at Church would be ok with you seeing as you always find any excuse to do the same about Oswaldtwistle
Old 20-05-2009, 17:42   #23
God Member

your getting rather narrow minded in your old age Neil
Old 20-05-2009, 17:54   #24
God Member

there has been a lot of improvements done in church , not long ago they demolished a large area of church and once the rest has been done the improvements will be complete

joking

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2009, 17:55   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
there has been a lot of improvements done in church , not long ago they demolished a large area of church and once the rest has been done the improvements will be complete

joking

Old 20-05-2009, 18:25   #26
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

joking
You spoilt it the the joking comment
Old 20-05-2009, 18:27   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
You spoilt it the the joking comment
because it wouldnt be complete

it would need fumigating after demolition

happy now ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 20-05-2009, 18:29   #28
God Member

and you've always lived in decent areas have you accyman??? i seem to recall you havent
Old 20-05-2009, 18:33   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
and you've always lived in decent areas have you accyman??? i seem to recall you havent
Well he did live in Ossy for a while so he lived somewhere decent at least once
Old 20-05-2009, 18:37   #30
God Member

Quote:
iv lived in every part of accington ,some better than others some a lot worse than others but where i alone decide to live dosnt dictate wether or not the area is a crap hole or not , unless its true that when i move onto a street house prices drop %20

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..