Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-05-2009, 18:40   #31
God Member

Re: Shooters Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Well he did live in Ossy for a while so he lived somewhere decent at least once
to be honest i had more trouble with teenage knob heads in ossy than when i lived up the belfield road area which is supposed to be a rougher area

ossy seemed to have more gangs of kids wandering around vandalising things than what i ever saw up by the belfield road area

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 20-05-2009 at 18:42.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-05-2009, 18:41   #32
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv lived in every part of accington ,some better than others some a lot worse than others but where i alone decide to live dosnt dictate wether or not the area is a crap hole or not , unless its true that when i move onto a street house prices drop %20
Not sure house prices drop but people start locking up their young daughters
Old 20-05-2009, 18:42   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
iv lived in every part of accington ,some better than others some a lot worse than others but where i alone decide to live dosnt dictate wether or not the area is a crap hole or not , unless its true that when i move onto a street house prices drop %20

exactly
Old 20-05-2009, 21:00   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
This flippant remark is just the sort of thing we have come to expect from the people of Ossy. Nevertheless, this is a serious development. While in the past there have been numerous instances of waccy-baccy factories being found in the borough and of small scale drug dealers being nicked, this is the first time guns have been found.

The formula as used by police is Drugs + Guns x Gangs = Turf Wars. That is what goes on in parts of Merseyside, south Manchester and bits of inner London. So far in North East Lancs we have been spared the sight of children being gunned down as they cycle home and of no-go areas where people will not venture, but I think we may not now be far away.

Anyway, if I'm approached with an offer to buy some white substance, I shall direct the seller to head south, through Church traffic lights, where he will no doubt get a friendly reception.
lol how melodramatic, they founds some guns, doesnt say what they where. i bought a 9mm semi automatic blank firing pistol from accrington market when i was 17 so guns have been around for a long long time.

why do we have to make out that things are so bad and we are spiralling into oblivion.
Old 22-05-2009, 20:35   #35
Senior Member+

Ive been told from one of the girls arrested that the gun found on Sommerset Grove is a BB Gun.

I guess we will have to wait till it goes to court to see if it was.
jimmi5bellies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2009, 21:42   #36

Quote:
I don't like Church, most of the areas of Church I have been too are grotty and most of the people I have met from Church are unpleasant. If course there are always exceptions to that statement.
Neil -As one of the ward councillors for Church. I find your remarks about Church and the people who live in Church extremely patronising.

I know one person who lives in Oswaldtwisle who many people consider to be a very unpleasant person.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2009, 06:34   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Neil -As one of the ward councillors for Church. I find your remarks about Church and the people who live in Church extremely patronising.
If Church is such a wonderful place to live why do you not live there?

I was actually only poking fun at another AccyWebber. Next time you take a walk around certain areas of Church try opening your eyes to the state of the properties. If you are knocking on doors you much see some eye opening sites.

I do understand as ward Councillor you can't give an honest opinion of some of the residents. If we bump into each other sometime ask me about my recent visit to Church - I won't tell the story on here.
Old 23-05-2009, 13:46   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Not supprised, I used to live round that area.

Doesnt mention what type of gun though it could just be a BB Gun, Air Pistol or even a fake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmi5bellies View Post
Ive been told from one of the girls arrested that the gun found on Sommerset Grove is a BB Gun.

I guess we will have to wait till it goes to court to see if it was.
Exactly, but a headline "police raid finds BB gun" doesnt sound as good.
***Mr D*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2009, 18:01   #39

Quote:
If Church is such a wonderful place to live why do you not live there?

I was actually only poking fun at another AccyWebber. Next time you take a walk around certain areas of Church try opening your eyes to the state of the properties. If you are knocking on doors you much see some eye opening sites.

I do understand as ward Councillor you can't give an honest opinion of some of the residents. If we bump into each other sometime ask me about my recent visit to Church - I won't tell the story on here.
I do see the problems in Church ward as I walk round - but in some areas of Church it is very difficult to solve the problems because of factors which are outside the remit of HBC. Some of the problems could be addressed by HBC but the ruling group don't have any interest in solving them because there aren't any votes in it for them. Also it would mean admitting the scale of the problems of empty properties in the borough and the unwillingness of some landlords to keep their properties in a decent condition. They seem afraid to take certain landlords to court - these landlords are causing problems in several different wards.

It also doesn't help that because there is now no Area Council for Church (and Milnshaw) the Area Council caretaker will be withdrawn and there will be no revenue funding to help the resident's group.

Regarding the residents, I think that any criticism of them, that you might have could be equally applied to residents in any ward of the borough.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2009, 13:32   #40
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Quote:
They seem afraid to take certain landlords to court - these landlords are causing problems in several different wards.
That is very true. HBC need to pull there finger out and sort out the issues of not only landlords but also house owners and business premises owners that do not keep up the condition of their property.

Quote:
It also doesn't help that because there is now no Area Council for Church (and Milnshaw) the Area Council caretaker will be withdrawn and there will be no revenue funding to help the resident's group.
Will that be addresses by the neighbourhood management teams or whatever is taking over

Quote:
Regarding the residents, I think that any criticism of them, that you might have could be equally applied to residents in any ward of the borough.
That is also true. We even have a few undesirables living in Ossy
Old 24-05-2009, 13:46   #41
God Member

Quote:

We even have a few undesirables living in Ossy
heres a link to help your relieve teh problem

A guide on where to buy property abroad - Times Online

happy house hunting mate

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2009, 14:13   #42

my 7 year old daughter and here friends found a gun with bullets in , in a field up ferngore , one of her friend dad took it to the police station , i was so scared for my child , but they did the right thing , they didn,t touch it , they came and told us , im so proud of them , the police did even come up and check the field for anything else , which i think they should of
pussycat is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..