Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2012, 22:02   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Should of gone to specsavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
From my experinces there are a lot of meat head coppers! But there are some who are polite - mixed experiences generally they are meat heads!

How do you confuse a white stick for a samurai sword?

That was my question, Ah mean cmon a elderly guy tapping his way along, looks like a thug wi a samurai?? Do me a favour.
Old 18-10-2012, 22:10   #17
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That was my question, Ah mean cmon a elderly guy tapping his way along, looks like a thug wi a samurai?? Do me a favour.
Elderly guy?? He's younger than you Cashy!
Old 18-10-2012, 22:11   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Yeh i know but i'm a coffin dodger hes elderly to me.
Old 18-10-2012, 22:25   #19

Gets me how people can mistake a samurai from a katana. A Samurai is the warrior his sword is a Katana. Simple mistake to make!
Alan Varrechia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 22:38   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
Gets me how people can mistake a samurai from a katana. A Samurai is the warrior his sword is a Katana. Simple mistake to make!
i thought a katana was like the samurai's side arm,a smaller version of a sword but i'm not clued up on the subject
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 03:37   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Lol I was going to say I don't think of 61 as 'elderly'!
Old 19-10-2012, 05:37   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
Lol I was going to say I don't think of 61 as 'elderly'!
You would If you met this one.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-10-2012, 17:58   #23
God Member

Could have been worse ... in Detroit he probably would have been shot ... or, at Vancouver International, tasered to death:

Taser video shows RCMP shocked immigrant within 25 seconds of their arrival - British Columbia - CBC News

And you guys thought the Mounties were a tourist attraction

One good thing I can see about tasers is that they are usually not lethal ... unless of course there are three or four horsemen going nuts with them. And they do provide an option between beating the bark off a guy and filling him full of holes. Not surprisingly, there is a great deal of debate in my country surrounding the use of tasers, and also the question of police investigating police.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2012, 14:32   #24
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:

It's worse if your black -
How would you know??

Quote:

as there are many in London who have been killed by coppers and their families get no explanation.
Link or something substantial to prove that Please.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 00:39   #25
I am Banned

i bet the officer was ' just doing his duty' or the victim was tazered as a result of a 'misunderstanding'(move along now nothing to prosicute here)

The case has been refered to the IPCC a totally government run and funded organization heaed by a former prison governer(move along now nothing to prosicute here)

Chief Superintendent stuart williams said “On Friday evening we received a number of reports that a man was walking through Chorley armed with a samurai sword. A description of the offender was circulated to officers and patrols were sent to look for the man.

“One of the officers who arrived in Chorley believed he had located the offender. Despite asking the man to stop, he failed to do so and the officer discharged his taser.

“It then became apparent that this man was not the person we were looking for and officers attended to him straight away. He was taken Chorley Hospital by police officers who stayed with him whilst he was checked over by medics. They then took him to meet his friends in Chorley at his request.

“Lancashire Constabulary deeply regrets what has happened. We have clearly put this man through a traumatic experience and we are extremely sorry for that. Officers have remained in contact with him and his family over the past few days to enquire about his recovery and we will continue to keep in touch with him and keep him informed of our inquiry.

“We have launched an urgent investigation to understand what lessons can be learned and the matter has also been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.”

MORE LIKE Chief Superintendent stuart williams said we've a duty and freehand to tazer anyone we like with impunity
Old 21-10-2012, 13:22   #26
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
How would you know??

Link or something substantial to prove that Please.
There have been several cases in the last few years when black males have been killed in custody!

One old guy was in hospital for physical illness. There was some problem he ended up being restrained by security and Police - ended up dead and the hospital could not give details to the family of what happened - I forget the names - if your want more details I can try and find some?

There was another black musician with mental illness who again was killed by Police in custody and several others in similar circumstances. This is one...
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...s-7999484.html

It seems what is happened Police area using abnormal force on people who may display mental illness.

Last edited by kestrelx; 21-10-2012 at 13:28.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2012, 15:28   #27

A katana is a single edged sword used by the samurai.
Marl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 13:25   #28
I am Banned

Police use Taser on 10-year-old at school career day, lawsuit alleges | The Lookout - Yahoo! News

maybe the copper just wanted a car wash
Old 09-11-2012, 17:32   #29

To be fair the bloke at Chorley looks dodgy
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 13:24   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
To be fair the bloke at Chorley looks dodgy
In your opinion! To be fair, if thats n excuse to Taser a blind man, Perhaps they should taser you?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..