Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2012, 08:22   #1
I am Banned

Should of gone to specsavers

Blind man Tasered by police: I was terrified – video

Colin Farmer, a blind 61-year-old, tells how he was was shot in the back with a 50,000-volt stun gun by police in Chorley, Lancashire, when they mistook his white cane for a samurai sword. The matter is being investigated by the Independent Police Complaints Commission. Farmer has said he intends to take legal action

who's the blind one?
Chris SUI JURIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2012, 08:26   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Should of gone to specsavers

Watched it last night, The copper should be suspended pending investigation imho, but that will never happen.
Old 18-10-2012, 08:49   #3
Resting In Peace

The man had already had two strokes - surprised he didn't have another one.
Old 18-10-2012, 09:41   #4
I am Banned

You could'nt make it up.......How can you mistake a 61yr old blind man with a walking stick for a 27-year-old man carrying a samurai sword?

Did they tazer the guy they were looking for O no they seen him with the sword and arrested him on suspicion of being drunk and disorderly
Old 18-10-2012, 10:00   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Watched it last night, The copper should be suspended pending investigation imho, but that will never happen.
Investigation?? Don't tell me it'll be done by the IPCC.....investigating themselfs again then

It's only get worse when they bring in G4S as the new police service/FORCE
Old 18-10-2012, 10:21   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris SUI JURIS View Post
Investigation?? Don't tell me it'll be done by the IPCC.....investigating themselfs again then
FORCE
Obviously thats why i said it will never happen.
Old 18-10-2012, 13:00   #7

I've researched this a bit now-it is the IPCC.

They say they didn't taser the guy with the sword because he responded to them promptly (probably because he could see them as opposed to the first guy who couldn't, you think?)

You're right-I think there must have been more than one visually challenged person involved in this incident-I'm currently surrounded by Samuru swords and I can tell you not one of them would pass for a blind person's stick.
So is the policeman claiming self-defence? Because this guy had a 'weapon'?
They're not just used as a guide-they're recognised as a symbol, the user is blind (or deaf and blind).
Rather large schoolboy error-wonder if he still had an 'L' plate on his home office helmet...
Old 18-10-2012, 18:31   #8
Senior Member+

after visiting the hospital on Tuesday I was in Blackburn town centre. I watched as it took 5-7 police officers to arrest teenage girls(or perhaps younger)
Old 18-10-2012, 18:56   #9

said he taserd him because the guy failed to stop when told to did plod not think that he might have impared hearing
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2012, 18:59   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMSLAD View Post
said he taserd him because the guy failed to stop when told to did plod not think that he might have impared hearing
This is why I bracketed 'Or deaf and blind'. The sticks are marked differently but not something that would be clear unless you were fairly close to one-what's the firing distance of a taser gun?
Old 18-10-2012, 19:02   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Someone feeling their way along with a white stick in no way looks like a machete wielding thug, No way on this earth.
Old 18-10-2012, 19:24   #12

White stick or samurai sword? What the Tasering of a blind man highlights | Peter Beresford | Comment is free | guardian.co.uk

The guardian are having a prattle. I don't understand the relevance really, the police are claiming to not KNOW this man was anything but fully able-bodied....
Old 18-10-2012, 20:28   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The police will claim anything except the truth. They cocked up Big Time Simple as.
Old 18-10-2012, 21:13   #14
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The police will claim anything except the truth. They cocked up Big Time Simple as.
I'm in agreement for once
Old 18-10-2012, 21:47   #15
Senior Member+

From my experinces there are a lot of meat head coppers! But there are some who are polite - mixed experiences generally they are meat heads!

How do you confuse a white stick for a samurai sword?

It's worse if your black - as there are many in London who have been killed by coppers and their families get no explanation.

Last edited by kestrelx; 18-10-2012 at 21:50.
kestrelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..