Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-05-2006, 19:43   #16
God Member

Re: Should two jags go?

I was also wondering what was wrong with playing croquet, its hardly newsworthy let alone a sackable offence. I dont like him much, but its now any excuse to have a go.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-05-2006, 21:52   #17
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I'd walk away.
If someone attacked you you'd just walk away all eggy? I hope we are never invaded and have to rely on you to defend us all.

Belting that egg thrower was the only good thing Prescott has ever done.

He should go.

I read at the weekend that he has something on Blair, and that's why he got to keep all the privileges of office when he was sort of demoted.

This Government is begining to stink just as much as at the end of John Major's last days in power. Sadly though I don't see much of a viable opposition.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 22:04   #18
God Member

He should have been jailed for it, and he wasn't. That's where this countries problems are, the deputy prime minister gets an egg thrown at him, and most of this country seem to think thats a licence to go round punching people. No wonder there's so much violence, muggings, robbery. violence is condoned by top level politicians and most of the public when it suits. It's only if I walk up to you and punch you without you throwing an egg at me first,do you see it as wrong. Saturday night punch ups in accy are ok, I punched him cos he said my girl friends a slag, he desserved it.
It's absolutely pathetic to say that words or an egg could warrant a phyiscal attack.

Violence is violence. It's one of the worst crimes you can commit.

Prescot will go, the public and the party will make him go regardless of whether tonys been giving him jolly's
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 22:08   #19
God Member

I will however defend myself, if cornered, but not if I don't need to, I'd rather walk away. If the country was invaded, I'd fight to the death, but I certainly wouldn't run up to the and punch them, that's not the way to win, especially if they have dangerous weapons such as fresh free range eggs.
Old 30-05-2006, 22:44   #20
I am Banned

Quote:
I'd walk away.
chav makes note to take 2 dozen eggs to next meet just incase madhatter turns up
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 23:18   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1
chav makes note to take 2 dozen eggs to next meet just incase madhatter turns up
hey chav get in the queue.
Old 30-05-2006, 23:33   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
He should have been jailed for it, and he wasn't. That's where this countries problems are, the deputy prime minister gets an egg thrown at him, and most of this country seem to think thats a licence to go round punching people. No wonder there's so much violence, muggings, robbery. violence is condoned by top level politicians and most of the public when it suits. It's only if I walk up to you and punch you without you throwing an egg at me first,do you see it as wrong. Saturday night punch ups in accy are ok, I punched him cos he said my girl friends a slag, he desserved it.
It's absolutely pathetic to say that words or an egg could warrant a phyiscal attack.

Violence is violence. It's one of the worst crimes you can commit.

Prescot will go, the public and the party will make him go regardless of whether tonys been giving him jolly's
Egg, stone, or a condom filled with acid, he was defending himself and I would have done the same.

Old 31-05-2006, 01:56   #23
God Member

And you'd be in the wrong
Throwing an egg at someone is not the same as punching them and just because someone does you wrong, doesn't mean you should be allowed to do wrong back. That is why we have a justice system.
If your girl friend had an argument with you during making breakfast and threw an egg at you , you'd punch her in the face for it, and she'd deserve it.
Old 31-05-2006, 02:00   #24
God Member

You'd defend yourself against someone throwing eggs at you by punching them. An egg! I can't believe you can't see how ridiculas that is and how bad an example it sets to young and impressionable reading it.
Old 31-05-2006, 03:46   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
If your girl friend had an argument with you during making breakfast and threw an egg at you , you'd punch her in the face for it, and she'd deserve it.
so its no ok to puch a farmer for throwing eggs but you think its ok to punch a girl for the same crime ...?
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 07:39   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
And you'd be in the wrong
Throwing an egg at someone is not the same as punching them and just because someone does you wrong, doesn't mean you should be allowed to do wrong back. That is why we have a justice system.

But it wasn't Pauline Prescot that threw the egg, it was a fat arsed burly farmer.

It was probably one of the few times a politican has acted upon impulse, and I don't mean he gave the said fat arsed farmer flowers, he gave him a well deserved slap.

Last edited by garinda; 31-05-2006 at 12:08.
Old 31-05-2006, 07:45   #27
Super Moderator

I don't blame John Prescott for punching the egg thrower in the face. However, it's the double standards that nauseate me.

If any of us on here punched some little scally in the face who had just thrown an egg at us, I'm pretty sure we would be up on assault charges, thanks to the fact that the rights of criminals and yobs now appear to override those of decent, law-abiding citizens. There was a perfect example of this the other day when an ordinary family man who was remonstrating with some yobs was hit on the head with a studded wooden pole and sustained serious injuries. His compensation was cut because he actually swore at the poor little darling before the attack occurred.

Prescott and his cronies have done very little to change this situation, so why should he escape the consequences?

Last edited by Wynonie Harris; 31-05-2006 at 13:31.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 08:29   #28
God Member

Surely the question should be "Why has Two Jags not already gone?". Is it possible that Blair is afraid to chop him and if so, why? Does Prezza have something on Blair that we don't know? I wonder!
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2006, 12:04   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Surely the question should be "Why has Two Jags not already gone?". Is it possible that Blair is afraid to chop him and if so, why? Does Prezza have something on Blair that we don't know? I wonder!
possibly the fact that if he sacked him a VOTE would have to be taken and we all know what tony thinks of democracy.
Old 31-05-2006, 13:22   #30
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Should two jags go?

He didn’t go round punching people Madhatter. He responded to a thug chucking an egg at him. Stick to the facts. But then that is what people do when they have run out of ammunition to support their opinion. They twist the facts.

It may have been a bit over the top but understandable none the less.

There are far worse bad examples shown to the young and impressionable on TV in soaps and the news not forgetting to mention films.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..