Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 19:15   #46
God Member

Re: Should two jags go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones
Sounds like sour grapes to me. The Tories didn't want devolution meaning Scottish MPs (where Scotland has always had its own laws) would still be voting on English matters. What are you suggesting therefore? Your a hypocrite or you think to end the anomoly you would have scrapped Scottish laws?
After being here for close on 16 years the Scots MP's take a pasting for not doing enough. For years Scotland had to put up with what English MP's had a vote on and lump on the Scots (poll tax for 1) so now the shoe is on the other foot backs are up. As we have the highest paid and most useless local council in the UK I will stick with a prayer that it is sorted soon. JUST DONT SEND PRESCOT HERE PLEASE. Sort the Prescot issue out as all we here up here is about his antics and it is detracting from issues we have.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2006, 21:49   #47
Super Moderator

Well, if everything's as wonderful as you say under this all-singing, all-dancing Labour government, then why are the vast majority of people, including traditional Labour supporters, so dissatisfied with the present administration?...or don't you talk to ordinary people much (or indeed read the withering criticism which your government receives on a daily basis on this very forum, much of it from ordinary working-class people)?

Quote:
Sounds like sour grapes to me. The Tories didn't want devolution meaning Scottish MPs (where Scotland has always had its own laws) would still be voting on English matters. What are you suggesting therefore? Your a hypocrite or you think to end the anomoly you would have scrapped Scottish laws.
And if I'm a hypocrite over the Scottish question, then so is your buddy, Greg Pope because he actually agreed with me on this forum that Scottish MPs shouldn't be able to vote on purely English matters...or don't you talk to him much either?

And why, oh why do you keep going on about what the Tories did in their time in power? I'm not a member of the Tory party and I'm well aware of their sins. I'm more interested in what your government is doing now, which isn't much, despite your long list of "statistics". Waiting lists cut dramatically?...then why have I got to wait until November 22nd for my next hospital appointment? Probably because the NHS is facing huge budgetary problems because of Labour misspending. Or how about Madhatter's little story? They've got their new school but they've had to sell the school playing fields for housing! I'm sure many other Accywebbers have examples of their own.

It's so symptomatic of your government...all smoke and mirrors...all spin and no substance.

I also notice you've carefully avoided defending your government over the hugely unpopular war they've got us into. Is this because even you haven't the bare-faced cheek to stand up for them on this one?
Old 03-06-2006, 17:39   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
I also notice you've carefully avoided defending your government over the hugely unpopular war they've got us into. Is this because even you haven't the bare-faced cheek to stand up for them on this one?
I was with Kenneth Clarke on that one
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 19:19   #49
God Member

Has he gone yet, or have they let the big lump of uselessness keep his handout for doing nothing, now that it's had to give it's mansion back.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 20:05   #50
Super Moderator

Quote:
I was with Kenneth Clarke on that one
For once, I totally agree with you, Graham.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..