Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-05-2006, 20:01   #1
God Member

Question Should two jags go?

Well, he's messed it up even more now, he's been caught playing with balls on the front lawn of his country mansion. Should he go or should he stay?. Perhaps some of you think he hasn't damaged the labour party enough yet, the affair, the keeping the house when he's doing sod all. now hes's playing croquet when the tony's away.
I think if the party is to have any chance of getting any credibility back, he has to go. I think he should have gone years ago when he punched that chicken farmer, the one with the eggs.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-05-2006, 03:53   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Should two jags go?

he shud've gone long ago...

like they say he's the labour "link" to its past. but we dont wanna be payin for labour to keep any links to anyone - thats their own business.

i was listening to desert island discs - a review of the david cameron one and they were really surprised at how his selection was most likely his own personal choice and not one based on what the spin folk thought wud b popular answers... like tony did.

gettin very sick of the labour govt for the sheer hypocrisy (sp?) thats going on at the moment. its one thing one day and then tmorrow its another answer and a new scandal
Old 29-05-2006, 03:58   #3
Resting in Peace

thing is who will replace him!!!!

maybe better to keep the devil you know

think most major politections in it for what they can get out of it for use after they been voted out
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 06:16   #4
Full Member+

Saints and Sinners Bingo Champion!
Bezerk Champion!

Yes............he should have gone long since.
MITZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 08:25   #5
Super Moderator

I bet the Tories don't want him to go. He's the best recruiting sergeant they've had for a long time. And he's supposed to be running the country this week while Tone 'n' Cherie take a well-deserved holiday. A frightening thought...

As for his successor, I see that Harriet Harman has said that it's "a necessity" that the next deputy PM should be a woman. Forgive me for being so frightfully sexist, but I would've thought it a necessity that the best person for the job gets the post, regardless of gender.

Labour's PC madness continues...
Old 29-05-2006, 09:18   #6
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Can someone please explain to me in simple words that I can understand, what is wrong with someone playing croquet? Are people just looking for any pathetic excuse to poke at this man?
Old 29-05-2006, 09:43   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
I bet the Tories don't want him to go. He's the best recruiting sergeant they've had for a long time. And he's supposed to be running the country this week while Tone 'n' Cherie take a well-deserved holiday. A frightening thought...

As for his successor, I see that Harriet Harman has said that it's "a necessity" that the next deputy PM should be a woman. Forgive me for being so frightfully sexist, but I would've thought it a necessity that the best person for the job gets the post, regardless of gender.

Labour's PC madness continues...
Well said.
Old 29-05-2006, 09:48   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Can someone please explain to me in simple words that I can understand, what is wrong with someone playing croquet? Are people just looking for any pathetic excuse to poke at this man?
Glad you asked that question Neil, was on the tip of me fingers ... have I missed something here? Are politicians not allowed breaks in their working day ??
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2006, 09:55   #9
Always EVIL within us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Wow, we agree on something Neil! It is difficult to put aside pressure from the papers when asked whether or not a politician should go. My first reaction after seeing Prescott splashed all over the front page was that the papers were well out of order.

Senior politicians do not work 9 'til 5. Often they are sifting through paperwork in the early hours of the morning or attending meetings during the evening so why should he not relax occasionally for a couple of hours day or night?

When will the papers stop trying to influence readers by printing junk stories - NEVER! Its up to the readers to properly consider the underlying message they are giving.
Old 29-05-2006, 11:27   #10
Super Moderator

Well, the fact that he was playing croquet seems strange for a so-called champion of the working classes, but each to his own. For me it's the fact that he was playing it in the grounds of his grace and favour country house and what it represents. Rightly or wrongly, he was relieved of many of his responsibilities when his little daliance with his secretary was discovered. Various Labour politicians have rushed to his defence, assuring us that he still does plenty of work. The fact is, he has been demoted and, out in the real world, that would mean a corresponding decrease in salary. But not for our John, oh no...he's kept his large salary and also greedily clung on to all his perks including his various grace and favour properties, very much in the manner of the sort of rampant capitalist he professes to despise. "Do as I say, not as I do" as the old saying goes!
Old 29-05-2006, 11:31   #11
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: Should two jags go?

JP should go now and take the rest of the government with him before the people do it come the next general election. In fact he should have gone when he lost his departments.

But it won’t happen. JP will stay until he’s sacked and President TB (TB also stands for tuberculosis and look what that does to the host body) won’t sack him because it will be one sacking too many. In any case why get rid of a sycophant yes man when the replacement might just start to challenge the President’s self proclaimed authority? A replacement might even be a closet Brown supporter.
Old 30-05-2006, 00:12   #12
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter
I think he should have gone years ago when he punched that chicken farmer, the one with the eggs.
actualy i think he was %100 right to do that

the stupid sod probably thought he was safe throwing eggs at a polititian and to my great entertainment he was wrong

yes he should go but definatly not for thumping someone who deserved a thumping
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2006, 00:31   #13
God Member

He desserved to go just for thumping anyone, and I can't believe he stayed. If anyone desserved anything he desserved the egg, he's the most useless, over paid over rated pillock i've ever known, and will be the downfall to the labour party if he doesn't go. Not that I care, cos they're all the same, all a bunch of no good....

And I hate him for approving the vile aldi store that local labour supported for the working class people, but now don't want bought up, because it will put local family run business out of trade and will actually reduce choice not increase it. Our council reject it, he says no there's nothing wrong with it.

The croquet, he's supposed to be running the country, in london, and there he is on the lawn playing croquet, like he's the lord of the manor.

Plus He can't string a sentence together to save his career, he talks utter rubbish. Contradicts himself in one sentence.

And he's got two jags, and creates bus lanes on motorways with hardly any busses.

And he should be sacked for the affair, talk about fickle.

Perhaps theres more to jp and tb than meets the eye.
Old 30-05-2006, 16:14   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think most blokes when hit by a flying egg or anything else would snot the offender i certainly would.
Old 30-05-2006, 19:10   #15
God Member

I'd walk away.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..