Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2012, 19:24   #151
Senior Member+

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post

KestrelX point on mass media misinformation isn't accurate. If anything it is a purposeful omission of information. All the taxing of Alcohol and Tobacco.....
It is accurate just read what the Daily Mail is writing about Cannabis!

Quote:
I have asked for my account to be removed.... Where Jaysays point is accurate. I do not wish to be named as "knowing nothing" "talking crap" "childish" or whatever things people say just because I am of a different opinions, ideas and ideals from others every time a sensitive subject is discussed.

It was just like this when it come down to my agnostic views on religion. I have been told several times that 'I am going to hell'....
I know what you mean when you want your account removed - with all this slander going on!
Accrington Web
Old 02-04-2012, 21:00   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I know what you mean when you want your account removed - with all this slander going on!
I don't want Restless to leave the site, nor you Kestrel. I just think this topic has been done to death, so much so that there are now two separate threads about legalising drugs, and the subject is also creeping into discussions about music etc.
Old 02-04-2012, 22:30   #153
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
Thank you for the information which makes sense. Alcohol definitely kills more people than illegal drugs. But is that an argument for legalising illegal drugs?
Obviously, the answer to your question is a resounding "no". But here is another question: If all drugs became legal tomorrow, would those who currently don't use illegal drugs go rushing out to buy bongs and weed, and heroin and needles? Those who take illegal drugs do so by choice, and there is no shortage of sources for those drugs. Those who choose not to take illegal drugs would probably not buy the drug even if it were legal. The legality or illegality of a particular substance is not important; what is important is the choice of the individual to partake, or not to partake.
Old 02-04-2012, 22:55   #154
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by annesingleton View Post
i would appreciate people saying where their evidence comes from - is it personal opinion or hard evidence?
Evidence or opinion on what exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
Its just something my favourite comedian Bill Hicks said ''If they legalized cannabis it would end the deficit"

Perhaps Im wrong or right. Anne made a good point with the bootleg trade which I didn't take into consideration.

Least if it was legalized people wouldn't have to go to dealers to get it(unless they wanted to of course) and the dangerous resin stuff would be more out of reach than ever.

People are smoking all kinds of dangerous crap when they are smoking cannabis resin-- Ketamine, Plastic hardening chemicals and other countless terrible things. IMO there is not enough awareness about the dangers of cannabis resin. Instead they seem to focus on the plant form and genetically modified seeds or whatever. Cannabis resin contains about 10% cannabis and the rest is crap. Unfortunately I learned this information way to late or I would never have smoked it.

I have changed my mind in my opinion to cannabis being legalized to it being decriminalised. One should be able to grow a plant or two for personal use without the worry of being jailed or marked with a criminal record. If its not a commonly shared view so be it. That is just my take on it.

As for a starting another drugs thread. I don't think so KestrelX. Even if I do stick around here I doubt I will comment in any sensitive subjects again.
I share the Decriminalisation view. I have mentioned it previously.

Why will you no longer comment? you have every right to.

People need to realise its just a forum, not something to worry or stress about, people will have different views. as Hicks would say "its just a ride".
Old 03-04-2012, 01:55   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***Mr D*** View Post
Evidence or opinion on what exactly.

I share the Decriminalisation view. I have mentioned it previously.

Why will you no longer comment? you have every right to.

People need to realise its just a forum, not something to worry or stress about, people will have different views. as Hicks would say "its just a ride".
True. It's a forum. We all have different perspectives and opinions. I am quite capable of presenting my point of view, and defending it. And I respect the opinions of others ... while disagreeing with them. There's one guy on here that I have never agreed with; but he his one person I would love to have a beer with, or a cuppa, and just generally shoot the breeze. Go figure, eh. (That's Canadian, eh.)
Old 03-04-2012, 08:47   #156
Resting in Peace

Quote:
A few people have made these points before. That making some drugs illegal means that more people are going to be exposed to impure or fake drugs from unscrupulous dealers! Thus there will be more illness and more deaths because of this! I haven't tried to get any, but from reports I've read most Ecstasy sold these days is not the real thing but cut with all sorts of impurities and substances that are not what the buyer thinks or wants!

I concur with you about not being willing to comment on sensitive subjects - some folk here like throwing things back in your face!
You have only ever got stupid subjects thrown back in your face, nothing more nothing less, in fact your last post is probably the best one you've made on this subject
Old 03-04-2012, 18:46   #157
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Why is Less banned?
Thats more obvious than the fact you are not.after what yeh posted a while ago its a much harder question to answer.
Old 13-04-2012, 08:53   #158
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Thats more obvious than the fact you are not.after what yeh posted a while ago its a much harder question to answer.
Well as long as it wans't for smoking illegal drugs - then that's ok!
Old 13-04-2012, 08:59   #159
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Well as long as it wans't for smoking illegal drugs - then that's ok!
Leave that to you
Old 13-04-2012, 09:49   #160
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Originally Posted by kestrelx
Why is Less banned?

QUOTE=cashman;982248]Thats more obvious than the fact you are not.after what yeh posted a while ago its a much harder question to answer.[/QUOTE]

Why not send me a P.M. To find out?
Maybe I'll tell you. My pm box just like my karma space is always open.
Just try to be more civil with your approach than you are on here, I'm able to use some quite tasty words in pm's that are restricted from site.
Old 13-04-2012, 12:20   #161
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael1954 View Post
I don't want Restless to leave the site, nor you Kestrel. I just think this topic has been done to death, so much so that there are now two separate threads about legalising drugs, and the subject is also creeping into discussions about music etc.
This topic ain't going away any time soon ... it's not merely about wether a substance is legal or illegal. There are a whole bunch of ideological, social, and public healthe issues tied into it ... and probably some more stuff too. And it is an issue which could dominate discussions among political leaders in the Americas:

Drug legalization debate divides the Americas - World - CBC News
Old 13-04-2012, 12:24   #162
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Leave that to you

Stooge! I told you I don't take drugs!

Last edited by kestrelx; 13-04-2012 at 12:32.
Old 13-04-2012, 12:38   #163
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
This topic ain't going away any time soon ... it's not merely about wether a substance is legal or illegal. There are a whole bunch of ideological, social, and public healthe issues tied into it ... and probably some more stuff too. And it is an issue which could dominate discussions among political leaders in the Americas:

Drug legalization debate divides the Americas - World - CBC News
Eric good post - you are talking sense unlike the 3 Stooges (Cashman, Less and Jaysay) who only have Knee jerk dogma to say on this subject and many others!
Old 13-04-2012, 13:22   #164
Beacon of light

You know Kestrelx, you are just as bad as those you cite.
They have a different opinion to you and you can't seem to live with that........and before you go shouting me down, that they are as bad as anyone - wouldn't it just be an adult approach not to rise to the bait everytime?
These repeat drug threads have become tiresome and tedious.(I'm sure I am not the only one who feels this is the case).
Old 13-04-2012, 13:39   #165
God Member

Garinda started this one.

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..