Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 15:21   #436
Senior Member+

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
"black cherry infused whisky"? Gordon Bennett, Mr R! Think I'll stick with me Johnnie Walker Black Label.
It is a lot better than it sounds. I bought it by chance when it was first introduced in the ASDA at £14. Usually it is around £22

It is one of those whiskies that you can drink straight and not wretch. Very smooth and sweet.

I went to the races with my father a few months back. Beverley in Yorkshire. Geese I loved that town. So clean, tidy and nice town centre. Cobbled thin streets. However Whilst I was there I tried a new Jack Daniels whiskey. JD Honey. Now that was weird!
Old 02-09-2012, 15:26   #437
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
It is a lot better than it sounds. I bought it by chance when it was first introduced in the ASDA at £14. Usually it is around £22

It is one of those whiskies that you can drink straight and not wretch. Very smooth and sweet.

I went to the races with my father a few months back. Beverley in Yorkshire. Geese I loved that town. So clean, tidy and nice town centre. Cobbled thin streets. However Whilst I was there I tried a new Jack Daniels whiskey. JD Honey. Now that was weird!
I always drink whisky straight and never retch! Still, each to his own. Certainly sounds better than chewing cats or whatever it is kestrel's on about!
Old 02-09-2012, 15:30   #438
Senior Member+

I think im slowly getting there as I age a little though I like to have ice with it.

I used to retch(oops I just noticed my spelling) all the time drinking whiskey straight and used to always drink it with coke or iron bru.

Quote:
I always drink whisky straight and never retch! Still, each to his own. Certainly sounds better than chewing cats or whatever it is kestrel's on about!
Old 02-09-2012, 15:34   #439
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think im slowly getting there as I age a little though I like to have ice with it.

I used to retch(oops I just noticed my spelling) all the time drinking whiskey straight and used to always drink it with coke or iron bru.
Whisky with coke or irn bru? You've got me retching now at the very thought of it. It's like putting tomato sauce on fillet steak.

As my old feller used to say, "what a waste of good whisky".
Old 02-09-2012, 15:57   #440
Resting In Peace

Quote:
Whisky with coke or irn bru? You've got me retching now at the very thought of it. It's like putting tomato sauce on fillet steak.

The only thing you put in whisky is more.
Old 02-09-2012, 15:59   #441
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by susie123 View Post
Exactly!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 16:04   #442
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Or as appealing as making love, whilst wearing wet-suits, and masks and snorkels.

Properly rubbered up.

Khat's really bad for oral health, by the way.

Don't expect to keep your peggys into old age, or get many snogs, as your breath will stink.

Can cause many peridontal problems, and there's also an increased risk of oral cancer.

For those reasons alone, probably not something that should be held up as being an easy way of getting your legal rocks off.

Old 02-09-2012, 16:53   #443
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
No one's forcing you to buy and use it, just as no one's forcing you to buy a pint of beer or a packet of fags...
How very true, but would you feel so proud about such a statement if it helped a child/teenager down the road to ruin?

Quote:
Perhaps all drugs(alcohol included of course) related threads should be moved to 18+
No, any children reading this stupid thread should be able to see that adults know nothing, they just bitch, Kids, please if you're reading this thread don't be tempted towards drugs, safe sex is far more enjoyable.
Old 02-09-2012, 16:56   #444
Senior Member+

my housemate mixes energy drinks with his

Quote:
Old 02-09-2012, 17:31   #445
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Has anyone heard of Khat? (pronounced Cot) It is a plant from Africa - Ethopia and Somalia - it is legal in the UK and gives the user mild euphoria and is a bit like mild speed. It is legally available from Somalia type green grocers, probably maybe some in Blackburn or Manchester.

It comes in bundles of leaves on stalks and has to be chewed to get the effect - the juice from chewing is swallowed and the remaining material spat out. It is a lot of effort to chew it and has a bitter taste and is a bit similar to chewing a bag of liquorice - it takes up to 2 hours to chew enough. It is mainly used by those Ethnic types as a social stimulant in social meetings, bit like British use beer in the pub.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Kh...w=1067&bih=505
That seems like a very good description of something that someone has tried and tested, what score out of ten would you give it
Old 02-09-2012, 17:35   #446
Resting in Peace

Quote:
"black cherry infused whisky"? Gordon Bennett, Mr R! Think I'll stick with me Johnnie Walker Black Label.
Can't better that my friend, I'll raise a glass to that
Old 02-09-2012, 17:38   #447
Resting in Peace

Quote:
my housemate mixes energy drinks with his
Has he ever tried Buckfast and Lucozade
Old 02-09-2012, 17:47   #448
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Allow me to disagree this once -he's definitely Jim-Bob!!!!!!
Angels and ministers of grace With names like those, I would have to have sex with my sister (fortunately, I'm an only chile), eat mayonaise sandwiches, listen to C&W, and vote Republican.

However, I will state that my position on this question comes from a firm belief that a "war on drugs" with all it's regressive laws will not solve the problems associated with drugs. In fact, it exacerbates them; and it dooms thousands in Mexico, Columbia, Honduras etc. As with my opposition to capital punishment, it is based on a belief that harsh laws do not work. If capital punishment did act as a deterrent, I would personally volunteer to pull the switch, or the trigger. And if I could be convinced that wars on drugs would end the miseries and pain associated with them, I would fully support those laws. Lidices don't work ... never have worked, never will work.
Old 02-09-2012, 17:48   #449
Senior Member+

Nah. Doubt he would drink that buckfast. Actually I have only seen that once. In the shop on Milnshaw Lane. Too expensive for what it is. Waste of money
Old 02-09-2012, 17:52   #450
Give, give, give member

A question to those who use recreational drugs.

Does their legal status prevent you from taking your chosen drugs?

Have you ever faced criminal charges for using them?

I'd suggest not. Certainly not in the last twenty odd years.

I don't know anyone who has.

If recreational drugs were all legalised, it's my opinion that some would take that as a green light that it's risk free to use them.

Young people especially aren't known for worrying about life in the long-term. Today, and tomorrow is enough for them to get their head round. Plus, when you're that age, everyone thinks they're invincible anyway. Most teenagers disregard any possible risks with the eternal youthful claim that 'It'll never happen to me'.

Today, as the law in this country more or less turns a blind eye to possession for personal use, how will legalising whatever you take be benefical to you?

I'm already assuming you have the sense to be using a dealer, who's drugs, as far as quality control, you already trust.

I'm genuinely interested to know how decriminalising these drugs will make your enjoyment of them any better, than it already is?

I certainly don't know any users who don't already take exactly what they want, when they want, even though they're classed as illegal now...in theory at least.

What benefits would there be to you, if the current status quo was interfered with?

Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..