Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 12:08   #631
Full Member
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Your stepping on very dangers ground for some one so ignorant
Couple of questions Jay!
What exactly is this dangerous ground you speak of?
Why do you think I am ignorant? Ignorant of what?
__________________
These are my principles and if you don't like them------well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Houseboy is offline  
Accrington Web
Old 10-09-2012, 17:45   #632
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
So what - it was available over the counter in many shops at the time.
And of course being one of the sheep
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 10-09-2012, 17:49   #633
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Couple of questions Jay!
What exactly is this dangerous ground you speak of?
Why do you think I am ignorant? Ignorant of what?
If you'd care to take time out to find out just a little more about people on here you may gain some knowledge, try looking at the whats on thread, think it may broaden your mind somewhat
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26   #634
Full Member
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If you'd care to take time out to find out just a little more about people on here you may gain some knowledge, try looking at the whats on thread, think it may broaden your mind somewhat
Again, as usual it seems, you have failed completely to answer a perfectly frank and open-ended question. Exactly what have I said or done to offend? If I have been in any way offensive perhaps you would care to explain what that offence is? And the dangerous ground?
Do you not think that some of the posts on here are far worse than anything I place on it? I myself have been called variously ignorant, a clown, stupid and other things that I most definitely am not. Do I take offence? Absolutely not! Why? Because it is just a forum for debate and people will disagree on all manner of things but it shouldn't come down to "name-calling". As for broadening my mind, I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who is more broad minded than I (read my posts and judge).
If I have offended you in any way that appears to be personal then it is totally unintended but if you are suggesting that I read everyone's personal info to avoid saying anything that offends because of personal circumstances, I'm sorry but that is never going to happen.
Incidentally, I'm virtually blind in one eye, but will I take offence at people commenting on disability (which I have never seen myself as - no pun intended)? No, I will not!
I still await an answer to the "dangerous ground" statement.
__________________
These are my principles and if you don't like them------well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Houseboy is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:29   #635
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
And of course being one of the sheep
You don't know what your talking about? Again - Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.
kestrelx is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:31   #636
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
You're obviously not as daft as you first appear.

When your accute powers of observation are later revealed.
Do you suffer from them!
kestrelx is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:36   #637
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Is that a collective 'our'?

As in 'our souls'?

That is "ours" as in; those here who've have been attacked by you over their views on drugs, and I wonder if you've encountered users in your trade (what ever that is/was?) then did you also tell them they were naughty, stupid people and would get hurt by their drug use!?
kestrelx is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:40   #638
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
Again, as usual it seems, you have failed completely to answer a perfectly frank and open-ended question. Exactly what have I said or done to offend? If I have been in any way offensive perhaps you would care to explain what that offence is? And the dangerous ground?
Do you not think that some of the posts on here are far worse than anything I place on it? I myself have been called variously ignorant, a clown, stupid and other things that I most definitely am not. Do I take offence? Absolutely not! Why? Because it is just a forum for debate and people will disagree on all manner of things but it shouldn't come down to "name-calling". As for broadening my mind, I doubt if there is anyone on this forum who is more broad minded than I (read my posts and judge).
If I have offended you in any way that appears to be personal then it is totally unintended but if you are suggesting that I read everyone's personal info to avoid saying anything that offends because of personal circumstances, I'm sorry but that is never going to happen.
Incidentally, I'm virtually blind in one eye, but will I take offence at people commenting on disability (which I have never seen myself as - no pun intended)? No, I will not!
I still await an answer to the "dangerous ground" statement.
Using the fact that you say you work and intimating that others don't
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 09:42   #639
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You don't know what your talking about? Again - Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.
So if somebody had given you a free glass of cyanide you'd have tried that two, just because it was free
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:10   #640
Full Member
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Using the fact that you say you work and intimating that others don't
As I said Jay, I make no attempt to offend anyone by that statement, nor would I. I was simply emphasising that, after being criticised for not reading all the posts on a thread that may run to over a hundred pages, I haven't the time to look at them all, as I have openly stated. It seems that you and I will never agree on many things but please let us agree on this: I will never, ever be knowingly offensive to anyone on this site (or even in life in general). If ever I criticise anyone on a post it will be down to the argument on the thread and my opinions on statements and answers given. I will never hold back but I will not be personally offensive and neither will I take any offence.
Hope that's cleared that one up?
__________________
These are my principles and if you don't like them------well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Houseboy is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 10:22   #641
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houseboy View Post
As I said Jay, I make no attempt to offend anyone by that statement, nor would I. I was simply emphasising that, after being criticised for not reading all the posts on a thread that may run to over a hundred pages, I haven't the time to look at them all, as I have openly stated. It seems that you and I will never agree on many things but please let us agree on this: I will never, ever be knowingly offensive to anyone on this site (or even in life in general). If ever I criticise anyone on a post it will be down to the argument on the thread and my opinions on statements and answers given. I will never hold back but I will not be personally offensive and neither will I take any offence.
Hope that's cleared that one up?
Like the fairy said Fair enough
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 12:46   #642
Full Member
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Like the fairy said Fair enough
Cheers! By the way, I remember the fairy called Nuff.
__________________
These are my principles and if you don't like them------well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)
Houseboy is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 16:55   #643
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
You don't know what your talking about? Again - Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.
No, but you took heroin on more than one occasion, as you posted that fact on here.

Did you have to take that two or three times, before thankfully deciding 'you didn't like' that particular illegal drug?

Would you similarly take Bubble, the latest drug of choice, seeing as it costs less than a pint, if someone gave you some for free?

Some of the many party goers in Blackpool, who were shown on last night's '999 What's your emergency?', were in pitiful states.

I suppose that's what happens, when in order to have a good time you need to take a plant fertiliser.

Full of lovely sh-it, and weed resistant.

As you've already wee'd your pants.

Great night out.



Though I'm afraid it's a 'No' from me.

Thanks.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 17:04   #644
Senior Member+
 
churchfcrules's Avatar
 

Smile Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
No, but you took heroin on more than one occasion, as you posted that fact on here.

Did you have to take that two or three times, before thankfully deciding 'you didn't like' that particular illegal drug?

Would you similarly take Bubble, the latest drug of choice, seeing as it costs less than a pint, if someone gave you some for free?

Some of the many party goers in Blackpool, who were shown on last night's '999 What's your emergency?', were in pitiful states.

I suppose that's what happens, when in order to have a good time you need to take a plant fertiliser.

Full of lovely sh-it, and weed resistant.

As you've already wee'd your pants.

Great night out.



Though I'm afraid it's a 'No' from me.

Thanks.

pedantic point alert:

i thought bubble wasn't actually a plant fertiliser, but that it is sold under the pretence, that is not for human consumption, which then negates various laws

a lot of these "legal highs" are more harmful than some "illegal highs"

but thats a whole different argument for a whole different thread, s'pose.
churchfcrules is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 17:05   #645
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I wonder if you've encountered users in your trade (what ever that is/was?) then did you also tell them they were naughty, stupid people and would get hurt by their drug use!?
What, like the fourteen year olds I was trying to help minimise at least one risk, by encouraging them to use condoms, the next time a disgusting old pig was taking advantage of their addiction, by paying them ten or twenty quid to shag them, so they could score their next hit?

Er...yes.

You can bet your sweet bippy I did.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 19:36.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.24812 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1