Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-09-2012, 18:34   #661
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
Blah, blah, blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
leave you to it! just cannot be bothered!


Oh dear.

Another pro-dope falls by the wayside.

Don't know your own mind?

Lacking in confidence, to do as you say?

Poor self-discipline?

Not got the balls, or the common sense?

Addictedd?

Addicted to public humiliation, and the shame??



There is help out there.

Never give up hope that one day you CAN change your life.

Good luck.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline  
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2012, 18:43   #662
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
The thankfully few on here, keen to promote reading peoples post before commenting, but very seldom take any notice of what other people say
Oh I read it all.



Luckily I have an in-built sewerage system, which allows me to concentrate on only the biggest crap, that some people produce...for us all to wade through.

__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 18:45   #663
Senior Member+
 
churchfcrules's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

what a weak way, of trying to score points
make up LIES about someone, then "bait" the person into responding, so if they respond they can be accused of being a hypocrite, and if they dont the lies get to stand.

cheap, if anyone has read my Pro legalise drugs comments on here, could you let me know please, because i think someone may have been posting in my name.

i havent voted on the poll, and i havent posted condoning drug taking, or its legalisation

the only comment i did make was, the volstead act didnt do america much good, and prohibition didnt seem to work for them.

however there are some that feel they can make assumptions and cast aspersion quite freely, no matter what the facts are, because they believe they are amusing
churchfcrules is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 18:46   #664
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Oh I read it all.



Luckily I have an in-built sewerage system, which allows me to concentrate on only the biggest crap, that some people produce...for us all to wade through.

So what your saying is your a speed crap reader
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 18:48   #665
Resting in Peace
 
jaysay's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So what your saying is your a speed crap reader
Or is that a crap speed reader
__________________
35 YEARS AND COUNTING
jaysay is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 19:10   #666
Give, give, give member
 
garinda's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchfcrules View Post
what a weak way, of trying to score points
make up LIES about someone, then "bait" the person into responding, so if they respond they can be accused of being a hypocrite, and if they dont the lies get to stand.

cheap, if anyone has read my Pro legalise drugs comments on here, could you let me know please, because i think someone may have been posting in my name.

i havent voted on the poll, and i havent posted condoning drug taking, or its legalisation

the only comment i did make was, the volstead act didnt do america much good, and prohibition didnt seem to work for them.

however there are some that feel they can make assumptions and cast aspersion quite freely, no matter what the facts are, because they believe they are amusing
Who's talking about you?

Let me at 'em!

I've always tried to defend the underdog.

As well as the humourless, contradictory, and/or paranoid.

Tell Rindy all about it.

There's a good chap.



This is quite obviously getting you all worked up, and very excited, but please don't try to give me your bone, thanks all the same.

Good boy.
__________________
'If you're going to be a Kant, be the very best Kant there is my son.'
Johann Georg Kant, father of Immanuel Kant, philosopher.






garinda is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 20:13   #667
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So if somebody had given you a free glass of cyanide you'd have tried that two, just because it was free
Don't be silly! Cyanide would kill you dead after a lot of agony!
kestrelx is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 21:19   #668
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I'd agree with you about Amyl makes you feel like your gonna have a heart attack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ah so you did try Amyl then
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
So what - it was available over the counter in many shops at the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Again - Someone gave me some - I didn't buy it, also I'll have you know I chose to try it out of free will and decided I didn't like it and never touched it again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
So if somebody had given you a free glass of cyanide you'd have tried that two, just because it was free
Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Don't be silly! Cyanide would kill you dead after a lot of agony!
Ha!! An interesting point which most people will not be aware of is that amyl nitrite is one of the components of an antidote for cyanide poisoning thanks to its stimulating effect on the heart.

Years ago in another life I used to work with hydrogen cyanide and there was always someone standing by ready to administer this in case of an emergency.

And if I may be allowed to wear my pedant's hat for a little longer the compound is called amyl nitrite not nitrate.
__________________
Let sleeping polar bears lie...
susie123 is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 22:11   #669
Senior Member+

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

One time back in "those days" a friend said to me "have a smell of my medicine" turned out to be that stuff. Never knew what it was. That crap is horrible. Had a headache for a quite a while. Can't see why anybody would want to use it
__________________
Restless is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 22:36   #670
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Yes, actually I do.

I do seriously wonder about your thinking.

As I pointed out yesterday, you do know that because there's so little public support for recreational drugs being made legal, that you will NEVER win your argument here on Accy Web, don't you?
The fact is that Bubble is a new name for the drug called Mephedrone, mixed with other unknown substances to get more quantity and more money. Since it was banned - the price has gone up and the quality of what passes as Mephedrone now called Bubble is even worse than it was before ( that said the hysteria in the press before Mepehdrone was banned caused people to think that people were dying from Mephedrone when it wasn't the Mephedrone that actually killed them, it was something else - a mixture of other drugs and booze) it was made illegal and now in fact more people are taking this drug - Bubble.

So fact is banning it has made the situation worse long term, as kids on Blackburn estates are still going to want a cheap high, and criminals are prepared to mix up even more rubbish and sell it as this Bubble to make more money. No one actually knows what Bubble really is?

Mephedrone ban causes young adults to turn to cheap 'bubble' drug | Mail Online

Last edited by kestrelx; 11-09-2012 at 22:39.
kestrelx is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 22:42   #671
Senior Member+
 
kestrelx's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless View Post
One time back in "those days" a friend said to me "have a smell of my medicine" turned out to be that stuff. Never knew what it was. That crap is horrible. Had a headache for a quite a while. Can't see why anybody would want to use it
Are you talking about Amyl? I agree with you totally it's rubbish and made my heart go so fast I thought it was gonna fail. Apparently it was very big with the gay scene back in the 80's and 90's!
kestrelx is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 22:45   #672
Senior Member
 
Alan Varrechia's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

I think boyh nitrite and nitrate

are commenally called poppers.

Don't think either are good if you have a heart problem.

Maybe others on here who know/think they know better than anyone else.

would like to comment.

They can be bought freely.

Quite good for shirt lifters by all accounts.

I wouldn't know.

Perhaps some on here may.

Maybe some use them so the Bullshine comes through better.

Who knows.

Just saying.

I wait with baited breath.
Alan Varrechia is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 22:51   #673
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
So fact is banning it has made the situation worse long term, as kids on Blackburn estates are still going to want a cheap high, and criminals are prepared to mix up even more rubbish and sell it as this Bubble to make more money. No one actually knows what Bubble really is?
On the programme about Shad estate tonight the kids were talking about getting a cheap high with Bubble.
__________________
Let sleeping polar bears lie...
susie123 is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 22:57   #674
Senior Member+

 
Restless's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Yeah. I was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
Are you talking about Amyl?
They were calling Mephedrone 'Bubble' Long before it was made illegal. I think the 'Bubble' name is a local thing? on the legal highs program one lad named it something else.

I have a friend. He is on sickness benefits for depression, anxiety and alcoholism. I have known him since I was 3 years old. It hurts to have to tell him that I have finally had enough of him. He stole 40 from his mother. Must be on drugs again-- I don't want to know anybody that steals from their own family.

Damn. watching that Shadsworth program really depressed me.
__________________
Restless is offline  
Old 11-09-2012, 23:00   #675
Resting In Peace
 
susie123's Avatar
 

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Varrechia View Post
I think boyh nitrite and nitrate

are commenally called poppers.

Don't think either are good if you have a heart problem.
Amyl nitrate is not a recreational drug. It is a reagent used in organic synthesis and an additive in diesel fuel.

Poppers are various organic nitrites including amyl nitrite. As I said in an earlier post it is also used against cyanide poisoning and is commonly kept available in chemical laboratories in case of this and other emergencies. It is also used to treat heart diseases such as angina as it dilates the coronary arteries, thus improving blood flow to the heart muscle.
__________________
Let sleeping polar bears lie...
susie123 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:16.


2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.41955 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1