Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'?
No. 24 77.42%
Yes. 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-03-2012, 20:25   #106
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Should we 'legalise illegal drugs'? - Poll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrelx View Post
I hope you get hit by a bus mate! Your not a nice man!
Takes one to know one, or so they say.
Old 26-03-2012, 21:13   #107
Beacon of light

Quote:
Why did you add a 'smiley' to this post?
It does nothing to take the offensiveness out of the sentiment you expressed.
And don't give me the 'he started it first' routine.

You do not have to take yourself down to another person's level.
All this shows, is a lack of maturity on your part.

You tell Less he is not a nice man....but then neither are you! (I won't add a smiley)
Old 26-03-2012, 21:27   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
You really must stop these personal attacks , less will get very upset by your over zealous remarks . It may lead to sleepless nights for him and the others whom you have attacked with so much venom and vitriol, its nasty desist at once before you cause any more upset
Old 26-03-2012, 22:04   #109
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
It may lead to sleepless nights for him and the others whom you have attacked with so much venom and vitriol,
I wasn't upset by him, he finished his post with a smiley so no harm done surely?
Old 26-03-2012, 22:05   #110
Senior Member+

Oh yeah forgot about the smilie.
Old 27-03-2012, 00:44   #111
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Oh yeah forgot about the smilie.
So maybe now you will stop trying to Stir it?
You obviously have no talent for the job.

(Big smiley face placed here to show I don't think you're an arse).
Old 27-03-2012, 09:01   #112
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Just shows how easy it is for your simple mind to jump to a conclusion, even when, like your head, that conclusion is full of no facts.

Would you like another go? Perhaps you could try for an attack on my sexual orientation or even perhaps bypass me and accuse one of my brothers of trying to blackmail, well, just plucking a name at random, Tesco.

If brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your cap off.

If you put his brains in a kestrel it would fly backwards Less
Old 27-03-2012, 16:16   #113
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Morphine is prescribed for cancer sufferers so it is not illegal for them to use it.

hang on morphine is a legal drug if prescribed but just like many other drugs that are prescription only and its not just cancer its given out for.I know someone who uses morphine patches daily infact i know two people that use it daily in patch form and in liquid form when needed but it is on prescription only but neither are cancer sufferers.I dont know why anyone would want the god awfull stuff as a recreational drug all it does is cause nausia and vomiting but if thats someones idea of a good time then fair play lol

as of yet canabis isnt prescribed in teh uk as i know of so it is an illigal drug so does belong in the poll along side heroin etc.There is a canabis substitute but they certainly dont prescribe canabis in its natural form for people to roll up and smoke or eat in cake.

Canada are considering legalising canabis at the moment which will probably happen as they have just legalised brothels

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-03-2012 at 16:20.
Old 27-03-2012, 17:03   #114
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
hang on morphine is a legal drug if prescribed but just like many other drugs that are prescription only and its not just cancer its given out for.I know someone who uses morphine patches daily infact i know two people that use it daily in patch form and in liquid form when needed but it is on prescription only but neither are cancer sufferers.I dont know why anyone would want the god awfull stuff as a recreational drug all it does is cause nausia and vomiting but if thats someones idea of a good time then fair play lol

as of yet canabis isnt prescribed in teh uk as i know of so it is an illigal drug so does belong in the poll along side heroin etc.There is a canabis substitute but they certainly dont prescribe canabis in its natural form for people to roll up and smoke or eat in cake.

Canada are considering legalising canabis at the moment which will probably happen as they have just legalised brothels

The reason I mentioned that it is used for cancer was that another poster had said that it was illegal for cancer sufferers to use it......I know it is used for many other things too. I can't see many people wanting to use it as a recreational drug as it does not give a 'high'....quite the reverse....it can cause nause and sickness and also constipation.

As for Cannabis........it is prescribed in the UK(not the natural leaf as its quality and purity would be hard to guarantee, but the pharma product)......as a spray or in tablet form (under the name of Sativex).......it is used by MS sufferers, but can also be given for nueropathic pain and the pain caused by some cancers......it is marketed by Bayer Schering.

I remember trials of the medicine being conducted more than ten years ago.
Old 27-03-2012, 18:57   #115
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
So maybe now you will stop trying to Stir it?
You obviously have no talent for the job.

(Big smiley face placed here to show I don't think you're an arse).
Thanks less i love you too
Old 27-03-2012, 18:57   #116
God Member

like i said a canabis substitute or a tablet derived from canabis is prescribed but lets be honest hear the majority of people wanting it legalised arnt after it for medicinal use or in medicinal form the stoners want the real deal legalised.

if they legalised propper leaf canabis under prescription just like in areas of america where it is medicialy licenced there would be a mile long que at every doctors surgery consisting mainly of stoners faking whatever injury or ailment it was allowed to be prescribed for lol

im on the fence with legalising canabis.Iv tried it a few times in resin and leaf form and didnt feel an urge to go shoot up with cocain .The last time i tried it was in Amsterdam and one thing i noticed was that although not legal there cocain was easily got infact offered quite openly to tourists in the street so their must be a market for it amongst the weed smokers or they wouldnt be there selling it

when i was on a morphine drip i asked for it to be removed because the pain and dicsomfort caused by the effects of the morphine made the pain from surgery a better option which is why i cant understand anyone wanting to seek morphine out as a recreational drug lol

That valium they gave me before the operation its self to calm me down while i waited to be put under was pretty damn good though but i aintgoing through the surgery again just so i can get a fix of it lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 27-03-2012 at 19:07.
Old 27-03-2012, 19:36   #117
God Member

by the way im not condoning the use of canabis as recreational but how are the public supposed to make an informed decision when government keeps changing its mind about it.One week its ok to carry enough on you for personal use the next week they are re-classifying it.The experts cant seem to make their mind up as to long term effects but my thoughts are that any drug taken in large amounts will cause you problems in the long run.Some people light a spliff at weekend and some sit in all day every day getting stoned out off their faces which i guess is what happens with alchol users as in some moderate and some abuse

Old 27-03-2012, 21:09   #118
Resting In Peace

Quote:
The reason I mentioned that it is used for cancer was that another poster had said that it was illegal for cancer sufferers to use it......I know it is used for many other things too. I can't see many people wanting to use it as a recreational drug as it does not give a 'high'....quite the reverse....it can cause nause and sickness and also constipation.

As for Cannabis........it is prescribed in the UK(not the natural leaf as its quality and purity would be hard to guarantee, but the pharma product)......as a spray or in tablet form (under the name of Sativex).......it is used by MS sufferers, but can also be given for nueropathic pain and the pain caused by some cancers......it is marketed by Bayer Schering.

I remember trials of the medicine being conducted more than ten years ago.
I've had shares in the company that developed it for all of those ten years or more...

GWPharma - Welcome

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think you can get Sativex as tablets, just the oral spray.
Old 28-03-2012, 07:17   #119
Beacon of light

When it was first trialled it was tablets, but yes, you are right, Sativex is in spray form now....there is another cannabinoid which is in tablet form, but I am having a grey moment and can't bring its name to mind.
My sister in law has MS and she has been prescribed a cannabinoid in one form or another for quite a long time.
Old 31-03-2012, 20:08   #120
Senior Member+

Quote:
When it was first trialled it was tablets, but yes, you are right, Sativex is in spray form now....there is another cannabinoid which is in tablet form, but I am having a grey moment and can't bring its name to mind.
My sister in law has MS and she has been prescribed a cannabinoid in one form or another for quite a long time.

A lot of people are totally against drug legalisation because they have been conditioned by the Newspapers and Media who are adamantly against these drugs and will print misinformation to perpetuate these issues. They refuse to accept the facts that alcohol kills 8,000 people per year! But I've said this before and people don't listen as they've been brainwashed!
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..