Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2009, 09:44   #16
God Member

Re: Should we negotiate with the Taliban?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
May have a point, my late Father always asked why he put his life on the line, now that the Germans are taking control of this country via the back door of the E. U.
keep off the Riesling Jaysay ..your usuall posts are more anti-muslim.. now it's the Germans.. ever thought of a job as a diplomat for your new Tory Government?
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-08-2009, 09:47   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
keep off the Riesling Jaysay ..your usuall posts are more anti-muslim.. now it's the Germans.. ever thought of a job as a diplomat for your new Tory Government?
I'll leave that to young Andrew, I'l just carry on poking you with a stick
Old 05-08-2009, 05:43   #18
God Member

never understood the British antipathy to the Germans , we are basically the same ethnic stock (Northern European, Danish/Saxon/Viking) we (Brits and Germans) used to have similar values , work ethic , family, abhorataion of corruption (political or fiscal), guess time have changed.
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:11   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
never understood the British antipathy to the Germans , we are basically the same ethnic stock (Northern European, Danish/Saxon/Viking) we (Brits and Germans) used to have similar values , work ethic , family, abhorataion of corruption (political or fiscal), guess time have changed.
Two World Wars and millions dead might have something to do with that. Polititions made the choice and millions on both sides died. WWI might have been down to alliances that dragged powers into a war that started as a local issue. WWII was thanks to a crazy man who wanted world domination that would have been on what he wanted and it being forced on others. Does this sound familiar? We tried with Hitler and look what it got us even though we tried to have a nice friendly chinwag with him. It could just as easily happen again with the Talliban . Appeasement may sound good but is a can of worms that once open cannot be closed.

The values are in a way the same its just that certain people with influence seem to make a pigs ear of it sometimes. There is nothing wrong with the way both cultures and others view what they achieve, and people understand other cultures better. Its the spread of the technology that we take for granted that has educated us into the lives passions beliefs etc of other nations.

To talk to the Talliban gives them in their (and my) view a victory. They will keep chipping away till they get what they want. The minority deciding whats best for the majority without general consensus is wrong regardless of creed, colour, religion, political persuation etc etc etc.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:38   #20
God Member

Have you all forgotten Rudolf Hess?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:50   #21

Yes talk to the Taliban, get them al in a room to talk, excuse yourself to go to the loo then push a big red button that fires a captured Taliban bomb.
mattylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:18   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
It's the old strategy .. "Defeat the enemy; then talk to them".
Well said kate..........it's the only strategy left
Old 06-08-2009, 01:30   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Have you all forgotten Rudolf Hess?
No, I haven't forgotten him .... but I really don't see the relevance Ok ... so he went to great lengths to talk to the enemy; but other than that I honestly can't see the link.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 01:50   #24
God Member

That's really the extent of it, Eric. That and the fact that I was listening to Joy Division at the time of browsing this thread. I didn't think anyone would notice.

Should we negotiate with the Taliban? Well that depends what the UK's goal is. Does anyone know what that is?

Answers on a postcard
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 04:19   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
That's really the extent of it, Eric. That and the fact that I was listening to Joy Division at the time of browsing this thread. I didn't think anyone would notice.

Should we negotiate with the Taliban? Well that depends what the UK's goal is. Does anyone know what that is?

Answers on a postcard
Something stamped: "Made in the USA?"
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..