Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2010, 09:50   #1
Resting in Peace

Sick note

as from today doctors will no longer be giving out sick notes, instead they will be issuing guidelines on what type of work a person CAN do. To me when a person goes to the Doctor they go because they have a medical problem, its already hard enough for people to get an appointment to see their GP, they should not be assessing what jobs people are able to do, that should be down to other people, their sole concern should be for the health o the patient and nothing else
Old 06-04-2010, 09:57   #2
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Sick note

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
as from today doctors will no longer be giving out sick notes, instead they will be issuing guidelines on what type of work a person CAN do. To me when a person goes to the Doctor they go because they have a medical problem, its already hard enough for people to get an appointment to see their GP, they should not be assessing what jobs people are able to do, that should be down to other people, their sole concern should be for the health o the patient and nothing else
Good morning Mr. Jaysay, I'm afraid today you are not fit to undertake your normal occupation, not to fear though, I have arranged that you will spend a few hours a day instead as the straight man for somebody called.. let me see, I have it on a piece of paper here somewhere, rustle, rustle.

No Jay that's not the name, those were sound effects of paper being sorted, (back to the Doctor), Ah yes, here it is you will be the straight man for a guy called, Less.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:31   #3
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Good morning Mr. Jaysay, I'm afraid today you are not fit to undertake your normal occupation, not to fear though, I have arranged that you will spend a few hours a day instead as the straight man for somebody called.. let me see, I have it on a piece of paper here somewhere, rustle, rustle.

No Jay that's not the name, those were sound effects of paper being sorted, (back to the Doctor), Ah yes, here it is you will be the straight man for a guy called, Less.

That would be impossible, a straight man is supposed to have a deadpan face, I'd be forever P*****g myself
Old 06-04-2010, 10:35   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
That would be impossible, a straight man is supposed to have a deadpan face,

I don't care what anyone else tells you I think you have got a bedpan face.

(No typo' whatsoever was harmed in making this post!)
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 12:54   #5
Resting in Peace

Is Jay going to model bed pans?he could include Toby Jugs as well

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 13:16   #6
Common Sense Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Garinda has already found a suitable applicant for Toby Jugs.

Go on Gary, it's worthy of another outing......

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 14:35   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Don't you start as well
Old 06-04-2010, 22:27   #8

Quote:
This is ridiculous and i cant imagine it working.The government brought in this new system.What next?
turkishdelight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 22:31   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turkishdelight View Post
This is ridiculous and i cant imagine it working.The government brought in this new system.What next?
nothing next have ya not heard - Parliment Dissolved today. i agree it is ridiculous, but then surely yer mate will scrap it, if he wins the lottery on the 6th of May?
Old 06-04-2010, 22:34   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
nothing next have ya not heard - Parliment Dissolved today. i agree it is ridiculous, but then surely yer mate will scrap it, if he wins the lottery on the 6th of May?
Hope so. Next they will be saying if your not on your death bed,get to work.
Old 06-04-2010, 22:38   #11

Im surprised the unions havent stopped this.
Old 06-04-2010, 22:51   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Hope so. Next they will be saying if your not on your death bed,get to work.
Seems to me like they already are. also doubt very much if yer mate will repeal it, i can see all of ems *******, why cant you?
Old 06-04-2010, 22:56   #13

Apparently one of reasons behind the changes is to drive down sickness rates. Apparently their is genuine concern for some workers who are signed off for long periods and evidence suggests it prolongs their illness,it suggests that in this respect these reforms have a positive influence for some workers. It has been thought doctors will not always have the knowledge required to make an informed decision about how much work their patient is able to do as the physical and emotional demands of jobs vary widely between work places. This is my concern.I still say its ridiculous.
Old 06-04-2010, 22:57   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems to me like they already are. also doubt very much if yer mate will repeal it, i can see all of ems *******, why cant you?
I can, but clearly see a need for change.
Old 06-04-2010, 22:58   #15
God Member

Quote:
what next.. are you for real?..if you think this is bad then I can tell you it will be alot worse when you lot get in government.
Nearly half a million people could see their sickness benefits cut by £25 a week under Tory plans to reform Britain's welfare system. (as reported by the ultra Tory Sky News)

Get Britain Working: David Cameron Reveals Tory Plans To Cut Number Dependent On Welfare | Politics | Sky News

Last edited by Mancie; 06-04-2010 at 23:01.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..