Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2008, 13:59   #1
God Member

Sickening

Footballer Luke McCormick jailed for seven years for killing young brothers - Times Online

This being's actions caused the deaths of two young boys (10 and 8 years of age) who had their whole lives ahead of them, and he gets seven years *maximum* in prison?! This is just sick. He took away two lives. The state should take away his by locking him up for life. This is absolutely terrible news, I can't even articulate it properly how absolutely wrong this is.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-10-2008, 14:07   #2

Re: Sickening

Yet another example of one rule for the rich & famous. Bet if it had been Joe public in the dock the sappy judge would have ordered the maximum penalty available.
mothernature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 14:13   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
Yet another example of one rule for the rich & famous. Bet if it had been Joe public in the dock the sappy judge would have ordered the maximum penalty available.
Does that mean the wigged wonder of law was bribed or offered a service he could not refuse? Ok equaility in law is like alledgedly for all but some are more equal than others.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 14:31   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
yer quite correct one rule fer rich n famous, but fail to see how he falls into that category only plays fer plymouth argyle. agree totally with shaker, words fail me as to how he got so light a sentence.
Old 06-10-2008, 14:34   #5
God Member

The maximum sentence he could've received was 14 years. This to me poses two questions:

1) How does killing two boys because of reckless actions equate to being deserving of a halved sentence? Pleading guilty should mean nothing.
2) Why is the maximum only 14 years?!!
Old 06-10-2008, 14:37   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

drunk driving alone should be heavier sentence if ya injure someone never mind kill 2.
Old 06-10-2008, 15:20   #7
God Member

It's not very long at all, is it?

He may not have made the decision to kill two children and paralyse their father that day but he made the decision to go to a friend's wedding when he had a match the next day which resulted in him bombing down the motorway still drunk in order to get back in time.

To listen to his barrister to say in court how hard this has been for Luke McCormick must have been hard for the family to bear.

This tragedy was a result of a decision made by Luke McCormick.....if he's any sort of person he will feel awful about it now but there you go.....the sad truth is that he could have prevented it and that family would still be alive and well.

I don't know why he didn't get the maximum 14 yr sentence.....I wonder what you have to do to get that!
Old 06-10-2008, 15:24   #8
God Member

Is worse than that, apparently he becomes eligible for parole in 3 and a half years, at which time I could not blame anybody who were to 'slip' and run him over with a range rover!
Old 06-10-2008, 15:43   #9
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
barrister ....... I don't know why he didn't get the maximum 14 yr sentence.....I wonder what you have to do to get that!
You answered your own question before you asked it. Its all down to how good your barrister is.
Old 06-10-2008, 15:45   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I wonder what you have to do to get that!
My thoughts too. How can the judge and defence team sleep at night? An eight year old and a ten year old died because of McCormick's actions. What is wrong with these people?!!
Old 06-10-2008, 16:07   #11
Resting in Peace

The sentencing in this country is a joke, available for parol in three and a half years, words fail me

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..