Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2008, 12:12   #136
Resident Waffler

Re: "Silly Cow" Clr Britcliffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Just as an addition to this, noticed there will be a piece in the Observer tomorrow, and Cllr. Britcliffe said that he had asked people sat near to him if they heard this remark. They all replied in the negative .. nowt to do with the fact that the people were all Conservative councillors of course..

Not that he speaks very loudly mind you, but if Claytonender and I heard it from the balcony, surely they heard it from the floor !?!?!
I find this even more worrying. Perhaps some of them genuinely didn't hear, perhaps we should give them the benefit of the doubt. But are they then implying that because they didn't hear it, it wasn't said? By that they are inferring that Katex and Claytonender are liars. Katex and Claytonender have nothing to gain by lying but the Conservative Councillors do have something to lose by telling the truth.

Again I draw the old conclusion that HBC is somewhat akin to the Borg and that it is pointless to try to have principles because they will be overridden - the only way to survive within the collective is to become as one.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2008, 12:39   #137
Resting in Peace

Well, this is it:-

No action over leader's 'silly cow' jibe - News - Accrington Observer

Not sure how I stand on Cllr McCormack reporting this to the Standards Board ... would never make a politician myself, can always see both sides ...

One thing for sure is that I wouldn't be too keen on voting for Janet Storey next time .. she was sat very close across an aisle.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 13:04   #138

PB obviously has no respect for anyone. This isn't the first time he has been caught using foul and insulting language at Council Members. It is unacceptable for anyone, let alone a man in his position to give out personal attacks when they don’t agree with another person’s view(s).

PB is a coward. The guy hasn't even got the backbone to stand up and express regret or acknowledge what he said. He has bottled it by saying he doesn't recall saying anything. This just shows his ignorance and egotism.

Maybe some good does come out of incidents like this as they just draw attention to his total lack of self control and offensiveness to have to result in using his foul mouth.

Some of you may think it is ‘OTT’ to report him but unreasonable people cannot be reasoned with and I’m sure if the shoe was on the other foot he would have done the same and some.

I just hope he doesn't eat with that mouth!

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 13:06   #139
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by the real michael View Post
big deal... some over the hill fat faced remedial speaks its mind ... whats wrong with that? when people call for the sacking of anyone who speaks his (or her) mind it goes to show how thick the complainers are! we cant tell the truth.. we cant smoke
we cant say ****... or queer .. or bellittle anyone for offending these incredibly retarded idiots who complain about what others say, yet in reality its the complainers who should be stood on like the cockroaches they are.... people who complain of others social etiquette hide even bigger sins
and just to throw off any suspicion , try to look like a good person by objecting to anything that can be referred to as "offensive" very sad and pretentious...

these peoples judgements are worthless, even GOD doesnt judge on
what is said, he judges on what has been DONE, this means that if it was up to the ill informed low esteemed tards to force conformity onto us, eventually they would have
to sack and condemn themselves too because if everyone had a vioce recorder permenantly switched on, i will guarantee 100% that everyone will say something others
will find offensive, and in perspective to their tiny egos...will have signed their own death warrant, and lets speak the truth here, thats a very retarded thing to do.

I too would like to know how the patter went because if she wasnt what he said then why didnt she come back with a better
retort ...was it because the fat old fart had a piont?

In order to give perfect judgement one thing is paramount, the TRUTH ...
if the truth offends you , your not as smart as your delusion makes you beleive...
communication will lead to world peace and restore harmony to the universe
shutting people up and oppressing opinions that dont agree with you will
result in global war ... and considering all the information i hold regarding the eventual
downfall and rapture of every living thing on earth i think that to condemn a man for speaking his mind (NO MATTER HOW SENILE HE IS) is pure evil, and evil is pure DUMB

Come on The Real Michael own up .......you're David Icke aren't you ???
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 13:50   #140
Super Moderator

The real michael is the sort of person who always seems to come and sit next to me on buses!
Old 21-02-2008, 17:03   #141
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
The real michael is the sort of person who always seems to come and sit next to me on buses!
Nice one Wynonie, that brought a smile to my face on a bad day
Old 24-02-2008, 03:06   #142
God Member

made me chuckle that.
I don't agree with not reporting it because he's a bully and stopping the councillors who do want to improve things from doing so. He seems to have a 'his way or not at all' attitude from what you've all put on here.

Blazie all people lie but I don't stand by people that blatantly do so just because I like them. It doesn't mean that if I don't stand by them that I'll stop liking them either. It just means I know they're lying and I'm not going to support them doing so.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:53   #143
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
made me chuckle that.
I don't agree with not reporting it because he's a bully and stopping the councillors who do want to improve things from doing so. He seems to have a 'his way or not at all' attitude from what you've all put on here.

Blazie all people lie but I don't stand by people that blatantly do so just because I like them. It doesn't mean that if I don't stand by them that I'll stop liking them either. It just means I know they're lying and I'm not going to support them doing so.
I actually think that people have got the wrong idea about the standads board, it is mean to keep the standard of councillors and their actions to acceptable levels. Although actually think Peter was wrong, if he did call a fellow councillor in this way, I can understand it being thrown out. If there was a report sent in every time a councllor called another councillor names, it would become ridicules.
Old 24-02-2008, 19:00   #144
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
If there was a report sent in every time a councllor called another councillor names, it would become ridicules.
i think stealing is wrong but i suppose if we arrested people for stealing every time they stole somthing the whole thing would become ridiculous as well
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 19:28   #145
God Member

Very true accyman.
It's verbal abuse and could be classed as sexist verbal abuse. If its been to a standards board he should have been reprimanded for it.
He wasn't because he lied and claimed he hadn't said it. It's a shame that Katex and claytonender couldn't have been called as witnesses.

I smell the big C drifting through the streets of hyndburn.

The standards board will lose all respect if they let councillors get away with what they want, we''ll have them calling each other silly ..... na I cant put that it's a family forum full of decent people.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 09:21   #146
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Very true accyman.
It's verbal abuse and could be classed as sexist verbal abuse. If its been to a standards board he should have been reprimanded for it.
He wasn't because he lied and claimed he hadn't said it. It's a shame that Katex and claytonender couldn't have been called as witnesses.

I smell the big C drifting through the streets of hyndburn.

The standards board will lose all respect if they let councillors get away with what they want, we''ll have them calling each other silly ..... na I cant put that it's a family forum full of decent people.
It will also be rather useless if it has to look into every example of councillors calling each other names, it would be a 7 day a week 24 hours a day job, and they still wouldn't have enough time

Last edited by jaysay; 25-02-2008 at 09:22. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2008, 09:37   #147

If I went into work and started effing and blinding or calling my colleagues 'Silly Cows' I would get either a warning or sacked for misconduct.

Old 25-02-2008, 09:58   #148
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
It's verbal abuse and could be classed as sexist verbal abuse.
Why was it sexist? Because cows are female. If I call you a t**t, which has been known, is that a sexist comment because they are female?

I refer to both men and women as tarts, if I call it a women am I being sexist and not if I call it a man?
Old 25-02-2008, 10:00   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Why was it sexist? Because cows are female. If I call you a t**t, which has been known, is that a sexist comment because they are female?

I refer to both men and women as tarts, if I call it a women am I being sexist and not if I call it a man?
Ouch! you called somebody the 'T' word. That's shocking Neil I'm sure you didn't mean it .

Old 25-02-2008, 10:59   #150
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC View Post
Ouch! you called somebody the 'T' word. That's shocking Neil I'm sure you didn't mean it .
Oh yes he did

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..