Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: As a result of ths latest incident should Britcliffe resign?
Yes ? 21 53.85%
No ? 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2008, 00:35   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: "Silly Cow" Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Jambutty?..
...or people could pop in to Garth Dawson's to have their picture taken, the Observer could then print the photographs, and we could vote for who had the nicest face.

It would fill in the gap between the bonny baby/glasses wearer of the year/pets win prizes/ high school prom/first communion specials.

Plus more people would probably vote than they do in the elections, so it would be more democratic.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-02-2008, 05:07   #62
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Jambutty?..
yep , , then we could all sing ' abide with me' as the ship went down
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 10:02   #63
Resting in Peace

The last 6 or ten post are what Accy Web is all about, good knockabout fun, I'm not going to say another word on this, that is unless Mr. Jones pipes up again, then all bets are off
Old 23-02-2008, 10:34   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...or people could pop in to Garth Dawson's to have their picture taken, the Observer could then print the photographs, and we could vote for who had the nicest face.

It would fill in the gap between the bonny baby/glasses wearer of the year/pets win prizes/ high school prom/first communion specials.

Plus more people would probably vote than they do in the elections, so it would be more democratic.
I'm well up for that.. can I be on the panel

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 10:36   #65

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The last 6 or ten post are what Accy Web is all about, good knockabout fun, I'm not going to say another word on this, that is unless Mr. Jones pipes up again, then all bets are off
Something tells me he might have better things to do with his time

I agree with the first bit. It's nice when people can have the banter and get on!

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 10:41   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post

Great idea garinda. But I am sure Graham Jones would be leader of the council, as he is face is much nicer than Peter Britcliffe's.

If more people attended the Council, Cabinet and other meetings, they would see just how badly Peter Britcliffe behaves. He fails to appreciate that not everyone in Hyndburn agrees with him (too put it politely).
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 11:39   #67
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender View Post
Great idea garinda. But I am sure Graham Jones would be leader of the council, as he is face is much nicer than Peter Britcliffe's.

If more people attended the Council, Cabinet and other meetings, they would see just how badly Peter Britcliffe behaves. He fails to appreciate that not everyone in Hyndburn agrees with him (too put it politely).
Not to put to fine a point on it claytonender, but thats politics, if everbody were in agreement all the time there would be no fun at all, on Accy Web, because there would be no point would there
Old 23-02-2008, 11:47   #68
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Mmmm .. yeh .. quite dishy actually

This was my first introduction to a Council Meeting .. due to the fact was interested in the subject being discussed, however, now I find myself with a little more time, think I might just go to a few more... gotta' find some new hobby to keep me occupied.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 12:58   #69
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Not great idea rindiroo, the Council would be full of skinny blonde bimbos with big tats and firemen (firemen if the accyweb women voted anyway)
Old 23-02-2008, 13:51   #70
God Member

I am rather interested in Grahams comments that HBC is more corrupt than people might realise. I have no dificulty accepting that Graham is a decent and honest man. Certainly his constituents seem to speak very highly of him, in the main. If that is the case then perhaps it is time that he did us all a favour and let a few of the cats out of the bag.

I am available through PM if you would prefer a more discrete tete-a-tete.
Old 23-02-2008, 15:01   #71
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post
I am rather interested in Grahams comments that HBC is more corrupt than people might realise. I have no dificulty accepting that Graham is a decent and honest man. Certainly his constituents seem to speak very highly of him, in the main. If that is the case then perhaps it is time that he did us all a favour and let a few of the cats out of the bag.

It might not be within the law Robert

Last edited by jaysay; 23-02-2008 at 15:01. Reason: error
jaysay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 16:48   #72
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob View Post

Oh Graham, do go for a tête-à-tête.

We are dieing to know who A-b is.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 17:08   #73
God Member

Quote:

so is shreks but you have chosen to choose a donkey or should i say a propper ass ?
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 18:06   #74
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Not great idea rindiroo, the Council would be full of skinny blonde bimbos with big tats and firemen (firemen if the accyweb women voted anyway)
And I would never get elected!!!!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 20:21   #75
God Member

I think I'd be an EXCELLENT politician, I'm biased, I lie, I am modest... well I did say I lie, and I don't really care about the people of Accrington, I just want to have something to whinge about.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..