Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: As a result of ths latest incident should Britcliffe resign?
Yes ? 21 53.85%
No ? 18 46.15%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-02-2008, 19:24   #76
God Member

Re: "Silly Cow" Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
and I don't really care about the people of Accrington,
Community spirit is alive and well
Old 23-02-2008, 21:51   #77
God Member

Oh yes, and I forgot boring, a big thankyou to the rep happy person there for reminding me.

It is amazing how many people on Accyweb do not understand sarcasm. Forget teaching cooking in schools, they need to teach a bit more irony.

Of course, judging by how often some people are sat at their computers, they'd have to persuade you to actually move first. Maybe they could do a nice online learning course on sarcasm?

I openly accept I am boring, and of course it is a good quality to have if you want to be a politician. I genuinely don't think I'm enough of a 'silly cow' to get many people to vote for me in accrington, so i'd have to go national instead of course, but I think I could do it

Am I being boring enough yet?

I do take it as a compliment
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2008, 22:02   #78

I don’t think you’re boring, things pep up a bit when you make your “comments” guess it’s not to everyone’s liking but….tuff innit. A bit like Aleks in a different manner
Old 23-02-2008, 22:04   #79
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I don’t think you’re boring, things pep up a bit when you make your “comments” guess it’s not to everyone’s liking but….tuff innit. A bit like Aleks in a different manner
I am offended at being compared to Aleks, but I shall grin and bear it.

Old 23-02-2008, 22:57   #80
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
And I would never get elected!!!!
What are you like at putting out fires?
Old 24-02-2008, 00:54   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Oh yes, and I forgot boring, a big thankyou to the rep happy person there for reminding me.
Lol do you still do that rep thing on here. I don't bother any more, if I checked the comments I'd never post again.

I'm more concerned about the sexism which is alleged goes on by the man and other councillors. silly cow is a sexist derogatory aimed at putting women down, and suggesting that being a woman makes them silly. Thats my interpretation of the comment anyway.

We still have some dinosaur councillors here that are like britcliffe, what they think will make them look good they'll push through, a good idea that the opposition suggests and will make them look good will be blocked regardless of whether it will be good for the constituents. If you'd voted gayle in you'd still have had cctv, but you'd have loads more too.

Think gayle is a lovely person, a person for the people.

councillors generally seem to fall into two camps, ones in it for the glory and power, and the others to better the town and make it a nicer place for people to live.

A calendar can say a lot about what a persons motives are. Even to an outsider like me.

Go to the meetings katex you'll constantly be shocked at bickering, slating, even fighting sometimes, as the power mad try to keep the people people as the underdogs so that they can score points against each other.

You'll also see that that the little groups that agree already know that they agree and know what each other is going to vote. This is because the do have group discussions before hand as to who will vote what, who will complain about what.

you may also find that contractors that get jobs are also friends of some councillors, they always seem to get the best value bid in as if they knew what to quote.
You can guarantee that those contractors are using machinery with well greased cogs.

It's fascinating katex it really is.
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 09:48   #82
God Member

I've been thinking about this and Cllr McCormack missed at trick -

When he said 'silly cow' to her, she should have retorted 'Moooove over darling'.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 10:22   #83
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
I've been thinking about this and Cllr McCormack missed at trick -

When he said 'silly cow' to her, she should have retorted 'Moooove over darling'.
I thought you would have followed that comment with a few smilies Gayle
Old 24-02-2008, 10:39   #84
God Member

I was smiling on the inside!

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 17:22   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Mmmm .. yeh .. quite dishy actually

This was my first introduction to a Council Meeting .. due to the fact was interested in the subject being discussed, however, now I find myself with a little more time, think I might just go to a few more... gotta' find some new hobby to keep me occupied.
I don't think he's that good looking

.. "The more u see the less u know. The less u find out as u go." 'Sir Bono'

WalkOnBRFC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 17:50   #86
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkOnBRFC View Post
I don't think he's that good looking

He looks like he has aged rapidly in the last 2 or 3 years. Unless the first newspaper pictures of Graham I saw were as old as the one's Peter uses
Old 24-02-2008, 17:53   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
He looks like he has aged rapidly in the last 2 or 3 years. Unless the first newspaper pictures of Graham I saw were as old as the one's Peter uses
I personally think for 52 he looks quite good for his age but he's not good looking.. when women give men compliments their heads swell

Old 24-02-2008, 17:58   #88
God Member

I hope he has changed his haircut.
wholesome rather than handsome

http://ww2.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/your_co...ils.asp?id=126

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2008, 18:04   #89

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
I hope he has changed his haircut.
wholesome rather than handsome

http://ww2.hyndburnbc.gov.uk/your_co...ils.asp?id=126
He looks like Sloth off the Goonies in that photo Lol

Old 25-02-2008, 00:57   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madhatter View Post
Lol do you still do that rep thing on here. I don't bother any more, if I checked the comments I'd never post again.
Checking my reputation is a bit of a ritual for me. Good rep normally means that I have said something controversial that people are afraid to publicly agree with me so they let me know privately and sometimes anonymously, bad rep normally means someone hates me for whatever reason, normally when I've said something completely reasonable that they cant actually put forward a solid argument against, and its normally anonymous.

I actually like both types of reputation because to me, both symbolise my value to the forum

And before someone gives me rep saying 'and you talk a lot of ****', yes, politicians are do that too, so you see, I would be a good candidate!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..