Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 08:38   #16
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

Re: Single Mums....... of 7....

welcome to the NEW Britain!
Old 10-10-2008, 08:43   #17
Resting in Peace

I wonder if she would be prepared to do a house swap with bluediamond305 who is asking on here to swap houses
although i am not sure if the house would be big enough

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f...wap-41884.html
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 09:31   #18
God Member

Don't know Mick she just might, according to her son the house is to big. Apparently his mum doesn't like cleaning
Old 10-10-2008, 09:56   #19
Resting in Peace

Another statement accredited to he son was "Its like winning the lottery", but according to this mornings press this council are now looking at their payment system again, ou can bet if it hadn't hit the national media they wouldn't have given it a second glance
Old 10-10-2008, 22:05   #20
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Three council officers have been sacked over this going public.
that also is disgusting and i applaud anyone who exposes these situations of tax payers money been wasted

as for the single mum of 7 she should either be slung back to her country of origin or given a much much cheaper house to rent , its a poor excuse that the council had no where to put her ,they should have moved her on to another council that did and failing that be dumped at a hostel for homeless families just like other people have to

for 12 grand a month they could have built her a new bloody house nevermind rent one and also if the council has this sort of money to waste then why wasnt it been used on employing more police or many many other uses it could have been put to

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 22:11   #21
God Member

I like single Mums....used to get down the Gin Palace Old Kent Road on monday nights ...sorted
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:09   #22
God Member

I can understand anger at situations like these but so much emphasis is put on the nationality of those involved that it is no wonder the government automatically tries to turn a blind eye to it. I'd rather ignore it than get accused of racism and so on.

I mean, how disgusting would it be if the government themselves played on the nationalities of the people. We'd probably be disgusted.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:56   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I can understand anger at situations like these but so much emphasis is put on the nationality of those involved that it is no wonder the government automatically tries to turn a blind eye to it. I'd rather ignore it than get accused of racism and so on.

I mean, how disgusting would it be if the government themselves played on the nationalities of the people. We'd probably be disgusted.
Wha?..been on the cheap booze Blazey?...aint seen no one posting nationality issues on this thread...

Last edited by Mick; 11-10-2008 at 09:47. Reason: language
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 07:22   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
Wha?..been on the cheap booze Blazey?...aint seen no one posting nationality issues on this thread
Mancie, perhaps you are a little confused but there are several times in this thread and the media were immigration and the fact that her and the landlord were both Afghan, that is unless the posts have been removed.

And I'm no longer part of the Tories, I've joined my Labour group at University and unfortunately I missed the cheap booze last night. I got a free shot toasting capitalisation of the banks though.

Last edited by Mick; 11-10-2008 at 09:48. Reason: quote bad language
Old 11-10-2008, 07:52   #25
God Member

I don't mind mentioning the nationality issue. Whilst the Afghan landlord is making his fortune by screwing us, our soldiers are being killed making his country a safer place to live. Doubt he is making any financial or moral contribution to helping that cause
Old 11-10-2008, 09:10   #26
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I don't mind mentioning the nationality issue. Whilst the Afghan landlord is making his fortune by screwing us, our soldiers are being killed making his country a safer place to live. Doubt he is making any financial or moral contribution to helping that cause
Spot on dave
Old 11-10-2008, 11:46   #27
God Member

How can you blame the landlord for that local council agreeing to paying the rent he demands? Should he be charging her less out of good will? I wish my phone service provider would charge me less, that would be nice. Or my University rent which is always on the increase.

People will always take advantage of what is on offer to them, it is natural to get the most you can possibly get rather than short selling yourself. Where as it is the councils which are making these silly decisions and making these ludicrous things possible.

He's renting out a huge property, not a poxy council house. All properties which are rented out and paid for with financial support from the local authorities are assessed to make sure the council aren't getting ripped off, so someone must have gone round to this property to value it and said that £12,000 was suitable in accordance with the value of the property, so the Afghan landlord can hardly be to blame, where as I'll say it again, the council have not acknowledged that the property is ridiculously out of the ordinary for a family surviving solely on benefits.

Yes the rules and regulations are wrong, but I still say that the landlord cannot be in the wrong if the council have followed correct procedure.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:55   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Agree 100% Karma sent.
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37   #29
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
He's renting out a huge property, not a poxy council house.
Reading some links from that newspaper website there was a house on the same street that was big enough for a lot less rent

Here is a bit from the nesw article

Quote:
But in a matter of minutes the London Evening Standard found four similar homes, including one in the same street.

The most expensive cost £4,500 a month, almost £8,000 less than it costs taxpayers now, and has eight bedrooms.

Delamere Road, Ealing: £850 a week, it has two reception rooms, one with a wooden floor and a master bedroom with ensuite bathroom Another had polished parquet flooring, period features, a large, well-kept garden with terrace, and gold taps in the main bathroom.

It cost £3,400 a month. When shown details of the home, Mrs Saindi's 20-year-old son Jawad said: "There is no driveway, I need somewhere to park my car."

But when asked about one yards from their current home, he said: "It is huge. The lounge is a lot bigger and it looks nicer and has a driveway."
Old 11-10-2008, 15:19   #30

I wonder what contribution 20 year old Jawad is making towards the keeping of his single mum and the family.... AND who bought him the car.....................
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..