Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2008, 20:56   #1

Angry Single Mums....... of 7....

How can this crazy government/country possibly justify paying £12.000.00 per month rent for a single Afgan mum and her 7 kids to live in a 7 bedroomed house in London.....And give her over £400.00 per week in benefits. Oh by the way the landlord receiving the rent is, get this, also Afgan. When do we start to draw a line this country can not afford this . The money is running out. Brits are being refused life saving drugs after a lifetime of paying into the NHS. Our taxes are being diverted to bail out the banks so that the fat cat directors can continue with the six figure bonuses. We pay a fortune for every type of fuel. I wonder how this poor unfortunate single mother of seven managed to afford the 8 airline tickets to fly to Heathrow and throw themselves on our mercy ...Maybe the Afgan government has paid to get rid of the burden...... What are yoiur views...... Surely this must end we dont have a bottomless pit of handout money.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2008, 21:10   #2
God Member

Re: Single Mums....... of 7....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireman View Post
How can this crazy government/country possibly justify paying £12.000.00 per month rent for a single Afgan mum and her 7 kids to live in a 7 bedroomed house in London.....And give her over £400.00 per week in benefits. Oh by the way the landlord receiving the rent is, get this, also Afgan. When do we start to draw a line this country can not afford this . The money is running out. Brits are being refused life saving drugs after a lifetime of paying into the NHS. Our taxes are being diverted to bail out the banks so that the fat cat directors can continue with the six figure bonuses. We pay a fortune for every type of fuel. I wonder how this poor unfortunate single mother of seven managed to afford the 8 airline tickets to fly to Heathrow and throw themselves on our mercy ...Maybe the Afgan government has paid to get rid of the burden...... What are yoiur views...... Surely this must end we dont have a bottomless pit of handout money.
When I hear Gordon Brown speak of economic stability...I puke.
The government sucks and I think we are reaping the benefits of Labour rule and the policies of the loony left.
The Government advised local authorities to invest money in Iceland and that has gone tits up.
Lancashire County Council have 10M in Iceland..but we are not to worry, that is only 2% of the investment portfolio......What the hell is going on?

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 21:36   #3

I don’t think it can be justified fireman.

The nationality of the parties involved is irrelevant ( to me at least )

Someone fairly high up the Housing Department/ Benefit tree thinks that 12k per month is a decent deal. There must have been a meeting at some point where these tariff’s were set, a group of folk sat sippin’ coffee, dunkin’ biccies where they thought the idea was splendid. That’s what irks me. They ought to be sacked.
Old 09-10-2008, 21:42   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnyboy View Post
I don’t think it can be justified fireman.

The nationality of the parties involved is irrelevant ( to me at least )

Someone fairly high up the Housing Department/ Benefit tree thinks that 12k per month is a decent deal. There must have been a meeting at some point where these tariff’s were set, a group of folk sat sippin’ coffee, dunkin’ biccies where they thought the idea was splendid. That’s what irks me. They ought to be sacked.
Nowadays it is considered that the general public can take on board the issues that affect them but still expected to believe the Bullshine that is offered.......You MP's out there ....believe this...We are on to you.

Old 09-10-2008, 21:54   #5

I think that some of these so called civil servants sit for hours dreaming up the most outragous awards they can make knowing that all we as the taxpayer will do is sit and gripe about these rediculous decision's because we are just numbers with no say whatsoever in what these idiots do at our expense.
Old 09-10-2008, 21:55   #6
God Member

Fireman..................I am sorry that there has been little response to this thread.

The subject was spot on.

Old 09-10-2008, 21:57   #7

not a worry royboy got it off my chest anyway.
Old 09-10-2008, 22:21   #8
God Member

Three council officers have been sacked over this going public. What I was wondering is how these stupid amounts can be justified, Hyndburn Council did/do only allow so much for rent. Anything over and above this has to be paid by the claimant
Old 09-10-2008, 23:41   #9
God Member

the more and more I read these storys about "asylum seekers" in the UK the more amazed I am .
The UK is an island , no land borders which folks can creep over , so any applicant arriving at a port of entry is arriving from a third country, so why are the folks who are picked up at Dover not put back on the same ferry back to France or Belgium ? , same with those arriving at airports, how in this day and age can someone get on an international flight to the UK without valid travel documents, including relavant visas ? surely they are the responsibility of the airline and should be put on the next plane out at the airlines expense . Seems to me anyone arriving at a British port of entry is not legally in the UK until they are allowed to pass through passport/immigration control and can be refused admission .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 23:46   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
the more and more I read these storys about "asylum seekers" in the UK the more amazed I am .
The UK is an island , no land borders which folks can creep over , so any applicant arriving at a port of entry is arriving from a third country, so why are the folks who are picked up at Dover not put back on the same ferry back to France or Belgium ? , same with those arriving at airports, how in this day and age can someone get on an international flight to the UK without valid travel documents, including relavant visas ? surely they are the responsibility of the airline and should be put on the next plane out at the airlines expense . Seems to me anyone arriving at a British port of entry is not legally in the UK until they are allowed to pass through passport/immigration control and can be refused admission .
wish it was that simple mate, the "Aussie" judge on strictly come dancing has been n illegal since early 90s, apparently got to stay cos he was living with his missus, when in fact he was not, he was living with his boyfriend.
Old 09-10-2008, 23:46   #11
God Member

Have seen a lot arriving by coach but it has to end somewhere there is only so much room for people!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 23:47   #12
God Member

Fireman do you have a link please ?
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2008, 23:53   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee View Post
Fireman do you have a link please ?
was on 6-00 bbc news tonight mel, probably be on ceefax.
Old 10-10-2008, 00:32   #14
God Member

Found the link .. Council workers sacked over jobless Afghan mother of seven who got £1.2million council house | Mail Online
cherokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 07:37   #15
God Member

If the landlord was also afghan, what is the betting they are related in some way, and did the landlord buy the property with the proceeds from similar 'scams', yes it is a scam and is absolutely rife in this country, and has been for years.. you get a sensationalised version occasionally when someone lets the cat out of the bag.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..