Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-12-2009, 00:44   #31
God Member

Re: Ski Slopes In Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post

In some countries, like Germany, you have to change your car tyres in winter for winter ones. We don't have to do that here either. Maybe we should.

Word of warning Neil , coming out with suggestions like that you will have all the "little Englanders" out after your blood ,
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-12-2009, 01:31   #32
God Member

not really seeing this so called greehouse effect keeping the roads clear i think its about time we got back to leaded fuel and helped it along a little more

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 01:34   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Word of warning Neil , coming out with suggestions like that you will have all the "little Englanders" out after your blood ,
no such thing as a "little Englander"... we may be small on an atlas but this is Great Britian..and you Yanks should show respect for your Fatherland..
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 07:51   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
aye.. and maybe we should attack France through the Ardennes with wave after wave of our mighty Panzers..siek hiel!
Did they forgot to change to snows tyres? The blitzkrieg might have been faster if they had.

Well at least they learnt by it and changed the law later on.
Old 22-12-2009, 07:56   #35

Well, I'm glad they haven't got special tyres here, being stuck at home it's a pain with nothing to do........council haven't gritted Burnley Road so it makes a nice change to actually see the cars go past instead of just a blur......
Old 22-12-2009, 08:19   #36
God Member

Saw pics of all this on CBC ... what a giggle ... weather like that wouldn't even slow down pizza delivery in Kingston. Seriously tho', there is much talk in all of the provinces about making it compulsory to run on winter tires. It is already the law in Quebec. I personally think it's a good idea ... I always run on winter rubber.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 08:25   #37
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

I wonder how long before the insurance companies start saying that you did not do everything possible to avoid an accident in the snow because you did not have snow tyres on?
Old 22-12-2009, 09:31   #38
God Member

a CSL lorry has been stuck in the snow outside my dads house for the last 2 hours blocking the road in both directions, its his own damn fault for trying to take a shortcut to avoid Intack lights
Old 22-12-2009, 09:59   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!

Looks like someone may not get their new 3 piece by Christmas.

I can't understand cutting those lights. I prefer to wait and not race round a housing estate like an idiot. If it the road I think, first before the lights coming from Ossy, then it should be an access only road.
Old 22-12-2009, 10:41   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
All the resources are going on gritting the Channel Tunnel
cant have the flood of imigrants slowed down can we lol

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 10:53   #41
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
cant have the flood of imigrants slowed down can we lol
My sentiments entirely accyman
Old 22-12-2009, 11:16   #42
Junior Member+

Cool Re: Ski Slopes In Accrington

SAT at folkestone waiting for my delivery of satsumas(somolians) you are going without your satsumas & the somalians are going to miss there white xmas.
Old 22-12-2009, 11:54   #43
God Member

We have a deceptively difficult ski slope just outside our house. Seen many people struggling with it this morning, including a van that needed a push to get up.

It's not a big hill but one little bit of it (probably only about 5metres worth) is quite steep and it always gets people.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 12:04   #44
mez
God Member

they have been & gritted my avenue this morning ...only a netted van with 2 men doing the job ..........
Old 22-12-2009, 12:21   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Looks like someone may not get their new 3 piece by Christmas.

I can't understand cutting those lights. I prefer to wait and not race round a housing estate like an idiot. If it the road I think, first before the lights coming from Ossy, then it should be an access only road.

its NOT an estate the estate is the other side of Whitebirk road

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..