Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-12-2009, 08:36   #1
God Member

Ski Slopes In Accrington

Thought the new ski slope which ran from the top of Willows Lane to the bottom was quite impressive this morning, shame I was in the car and not a bobsleigh, I might have managed to go more than 1 mile an hour

Shocking that the roads haven't been gritted, have we run out of rock salt in Hyndburnn ?
Old 20-12-2009, 09:02   #2
God Member

Re: Ski Slopes In Accrington

The police helicopter is circling over the town centre now, guess they are looking for the gritting wagons
Old 20-12-2009, 09:18   #3
God Member

They were driving round Eagle Street/town centre area last night and they have been past this morning.
Old 20-12-2009, 09:27   #4
mez
God Member

pity we arn't still burning coal these days.. then we had our own load of grit ...might have had mucky streets but ..safer walking ..ha ha
Old 20-12-2009, 10:07   #5
God Member

Manchester Road is fine at the moment (though it has just started snowing!). The pavement however is a death trap.
Old 20-12-2009, 10:33   #6
Resting in Peace

Its a pity they didn't have the climate conference in Hyndburn, the hot air would have kept the streets clear of snow for the rest of the winter
Old 20-12-2009, 10:38   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mez View Post
pity we arn't still burning coal these days.. then we had our own load of grit ...might have had mucky streets but ..safer walking ..ha ha
Eeew yeh Mez .. had forgotten about that .. remember me mum spreading some in the back yard on the way to the outside loo.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 10:52   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Eeew yeh Mez .. had forgotten about that .. remember me mum spreading some in the back yard on the way to the outside loo.
pity ya can't remember what pub yer in.
Old 20-12-2009, 11:03   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
pity ya can't remember what pub yer in.
LOL .. trust you to remember that !! Slip of the tongue that was all.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 11:39   #10
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
LOL .. trust you to remember that !! Slip of the tongue that was all.
Sure it wasn't a slip of the Gin and Tonic kate
Old 20-12-2009, 13:09   #11
God Member

Have just seen a truck with a huge pile of grit heading into Accrington. Refills perhaps.
Old 20-12-2009, 15:31   #12
God Member

fielding lane is a nightmare especially at teh top where teh road is steep and windey i stopped after finaly sliding going down hill and had a chat with teh guy trying to get up and wished him luck and continued sliding on my way down

iv noticed even the dual carrage way between rising bridge and accy has been badly gritted this year with just one lane slightly cleared .I think they are scared of running out of grit like they did earlier this year and have the spreader set to tight fisted or have a man on teh back fireing salt pellets out with a pea shooter

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 20-12-2009 at 15:33.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 15:51   #13
God Member

i think what it is this year, they havent got any mollasses to mix with the salt so they are using sand, i heard it on the news the other day that the mollasses are too expensive now......maybe thats why the grittings crap
Old 20-12-2009, 15:52   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashy View Post
i think what it is this year, they havent got any mollasses to mix with the salt so they are using sand, i heard it on the news the other day that the mollasses are too expensive now......maybe thats why the grittings crap
I blame Thatcher for closing the Sabden treacle mines

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-2009, 15:53   #15
God Member

lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..