Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2008, 14:36   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Slow News Day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Beam me up Scotty, you still think that this storey is news worthy
Yep! If there is nothing more important to report.

Oh! Silly, silly me! I forgot.

I’m not supposed to have my own opinions on this forum and have to fall in line with what some other people think.

Can I draw your attention to the fact that I can still draw a long bow with either hand?
Old 20-07-2008, 16:07   #17
Resting in Peace

Re: Slow News Day?

NEWS JUST IN.
Freddie the fence was found dead in the road.

He fell of the back of a wagon.
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 07:54   #18
Junior Member+

Hi everyone,
I was interested to read your comments about stories in the Observer as I am news editor at the paper.
We write about thefts such as the £1 computer lead so that the thieves have something to fear, and as jambutty rightly said, on behalf of the victims affected by the act. Many people are also interested to find out why that police car was on their street last night, or why the firefighters were at the mill down the road.
If any one has any good stories, feel free to contact the paper on 01254 871 444, or visit the website (Accrington Observer) to post comments about individual stories.

Lisa Kenyon
LisaKenyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 08:40   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

pity you didn't run the story about the "Charity" do at the bottom club clayton last sat, seeing you had the information well over a week before. won't be buying yer paper in the near future.
Old 24-07-2008, 09:18   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Yep! If there is nothing more important to report.

Oh! Silly, silly me! I forgot.

I’m not supposed to have my own opinions on this forum and have to fall in line with what some other people think.

Can I draw your attention to the fact that I can still draw a long bow with either hand?
What the hell as that got to do with the price of fish
Old 24-07-2008, 20:08   #21

Quote:
Not wishing to seem pidantic JB but the theft of an article worth £1???????????? and we already know there are theives about, entwisi was just trying to make the point that it was another Observer none store, something they are getting very good at

You know I am sure that word is spelt pedantic!!
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 20:14   #22
Senior Member+

pmsl well done!

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 20:19   #23
Senior Member+

Nice one

buttonsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-07-2008, 23:28   #24
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaKenyon View Post
Hi everyone,
I was interested to read your comments about stories in the Observer as I am news editor at the paper.
Hi Lisa. I sent you a private message a while back but you did not reply.

I asked why I often find the copy of your paper I buy to be printed to very poor quality levels. Only last week the copy was very dirty with black marks on the pages and some colour registration issues.

Is this the standard I should expect when I pay for your paper?

To be fair to you over the last couple of months it has been better than when I first asked you about it. Last week was terrible though.

If this weeks is as bad would you like me to send you the copy for your inspection?
Old 25-07-2008, 00:23   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
You're just being pedantic now Polly.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 00:26   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Hi Lisa. I sent you a private message a while back but you did not reply.

I asked why I often find the copy of your paper I buy to be printed to very poor quality levels. Only last week the copy was very dirty with black marks on the pages and some colour registration issues.

Is this the standard I should expect when I pay for your paper?

To be fair to you over the last couple of months it has been better than when I first asked you about it. Last week was terrible though.

If this weeks is as bad would you like me to send you the copy for your inspection?
I can honestly say I've never noticed that the printing of the Observer is poor.

Might it not be you're getting sweaty palms, in anticipation of turning to the latest Hyndburn Honey page?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 08:42   #27
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Might it not be you're getting sweaty palms, in anticipation of turning to the latest Hyndburn Honey page?
Speaking of which, have you seen the latest entrant ? She is 41 years of age and looks absolutely stunning .... good to see this competition is not ageist.
Her 18 year old daughter is also an entrant. Wonder if the Gran will be next ..

As to the thread, I really think Entwisi was tongue in cheek when he put this up .. sure he realised that it was all about the break in .. not what was stolen. Just his sense of fun I think ..

Also, the printing has improved slightly, holding back on the red, and people now look less like they have spent too long in the sun.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 09:45   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
I said before if my spelling and Grammar had been great I'd have been an author not a joiner, even so I think I may just have got a little closer to nuisance, than you polly
Old 25-07-2008, 14:53   #29

Quote:
I said before if my spelling and Grammar had been great I'd have been an author not a joiner, even so I think I may just have got a little closer to nuisance, than you polly
Who is nuisance? Have I seen him or her?

Anyway, no I am not close to nuisance and what you do in you private life is your afair
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 15:27   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Who is nuisance? Have I seen him or her?

Anyway, no I am not close to nuisance and what you do in you private life is your afair
This is quite funny, think Jaysay is getting confused between Polly and Pam. Pam put a thread up which said 'noises' by mistake, and should have read 'nuisance'.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..