Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2005, 12:11   #46
Resting in peace

Re: Smells.

Love perfume, often go without makeup but never without perfume.

I choose a scent because I like it, which is a bit daft, because once you've been wearing it an hour or two, your nose adapts and you can't smell it any more - that's why you sometimes think you need more when you don't.

The sense of smell is just about the most fascinating sense we have, but don't let's get started on that, anyone interested ask me, and you can have the two hour lecture with slides and experimental data!

I use Van Cleef, because I like it. Interestingly enough, some years ago (yes, I've had my moments) one Christmas 3 different men bought me perfume. The man I went sailing with bought me Dior Dune, which is an open air, fresh, sort of stuff. The posh bloke I went to posh dinners with bought me First - very grown up and sophisticated. The new man bought me Opium, because he liked it (I LOATHED it, but I wore it anyway). It's interesting how differently people see you (or smell you), isn't it.

Once had to leave a concert at the Barbican because the woman in front of me had apparently bathed in Poison. It was either leave or throw up over her. Can't stand Paris, either.

For men? - Jazz by Yves St Laurent. It makes my knees go weak every time.

Tip - never spray your eau de toilette/perfume around your neck/head. When it warms up, perfume rises. Spray it round your ankles and calves, and you'll walk in a fragrant cloud all day! (Coco Chanel said you should spray it everywhere you expect to be kissed, but it can sting, so be warned!!)
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2005, 13:34   #47
God Member

Lynx Tempest also has the same affect on me. I think they stopped making it though, as the number of babies being born when they brought Lynx Tempest out shot up he he he!!!

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2005, 17:07   #48
I am Banned

i wear either paul smith extreme for women or britney spears curious there both lovely smelling and fresh too.
my favourite mens smelly that makes me go weak at the knees is hugo boss the original good god stay away if your wearing that!
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..